Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Egonics inc. makes a headset called an Egone that broadcasts music directly into a wearer's brain?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The children of capsuleers  (Read 1940 times)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
The children of capsuleers
« on: 08 Feb 2014, 06:47 »

How many of you noticed this IGS thread by those lovely Gutter Press folks?

It's a reasonable question though.

I have to admit I've always figured that any kids we have would have to be tubed to avoid being killed along with the body carrying them, or contaminated by radiation & the like.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: The children of capsuleers
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2014, 07:03 »

I think there's a devpost about this on the eve-fiction forum somewhere. Something about how the clones are fully functional if the capsuleer wants them to be.
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2014, 07:23 »

CCP has said that clones are fully functional.

As far as children go... well, don't get podded in those 9 months. If you can't do that, then better to use a surrogate/tube.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2014, 07:34 »

CCP has said that clones are fully functional.

As far as children go... well, don't get podded in those 9 months. If you can't do that, then better to use a surrogate/tube.

This, pretty much. Which is why you see a lot of characters suddenly go "Oh, by the way, I've been pregnant the last 8 months. Time for a month of storyline!"

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2014, 08:18 »

Not sure what could prevent a capsuleer theoretically buying a whole lot of gestation tubes and becoming a brood mother/father after a few months.

Your very own baby factories! \o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #5 on: 08 Feb 2014, 08:21 »

Not sure what could prevent a capsuleer theoretically buying a whole lot of gestation tubes and becoming a brood mother/father after a few months.

The first such wave will arrive in ~8 years or so, if any of the early capsuleers did this back in YC 105, yes ?
\o/

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #6 on: 08 Feb 2014, 08:33 »

The first such wave will arrive in ~8 years or so, if any of the early capsuleers did this back in YC 105, yes ?

Imagine if Sansha's Nation did it? Why you'd have an entire generation of indoctrinated people ready and willing to fight for the vision of a new future for humanity or something.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #7 on: 08 Feb 2014, 11:32 »

might be a good way to explain having an army of alts.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 08 Feb 2014, 12:30 »

Given the history of some people not understanding the amount of time involved in raising a child, I suspect it'll be a fair bit sooner than that. :V
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #9 on: 08 Feb 2014, 13:25 »

I know Mitara Newelle avoided being podded for 9 months, and Erys Charantes avoided being podded for 9 months as well. Granted, Erys doesn't do much PvP at all so it was a bit easier.
« Last Edit: 08 Feb 2014, 14:46 by Katrina Oniseki »

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #10 on: 08 Feb 2014, 14:05 »

I know Mitara Newelle avoided being podded for a month, and Erys Charantes avoided being podded for a month as well. Granted, Erys doesn't do much PvP at all so it was a bit easier.

I think Mitara went through the full 9 months without getting podded, for both of the kids and while flying in the war zone. Now that is hard core.  :D

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #11 on: 08 Feb 2014, 14:46 »

I know Mitara Newelle avoided being podded for a month, and Erys Charantes avoided being podded for a month as well. Granted, Erys doesn't do much PvP at all so it was a bit easier.

I think Mitara went through the full 9 months without getting podded, for both of the kids and while flying in the war zone. Now that is hard core.  :D

Sorry, I meant 9 months, yes. Both Mitara and Erys avoided being podded for 9 full months.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #12 on: 08 Feb 2014, 15:30 »

I can already picture the scene on the warzone "OMG darling I got labor contraction" then the ship zigzaging like a drunken bumblebee all around the military plex, and then "OMG my waters broke !" diluting into the capsule goo and making the ship going even more erratic and evading all enemy fire.

Then of course the baby being a Pure Exile addict...

What ?

Erys Charantes

• Just another Gallentean girl.
  • Clonejack
« Reply #13 on: 08 Feb 2014, 20:34 »

Imagine if Sansha's Nation did it? Why you'd have an entire generation of indoctrinated people ready and willing to fight for the vision of a new future for humanity or something.
ONE OF US!
ONE OF US!
"The hardest person to know is often yourself."

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 09 Feb 2014, 11:30 »

As far as I was concerned, I thought this was the actual explanation for how Sansha spontaneously crewed the massive fleets seen in the Incursion live events? Considering he was loosing more crew in some of those events than he was abducting, he had to have been (and still has to be) getting tremendous numbers of crew from some source.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.
Pages: [1] 2