Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues  (Read 9391 times)

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
Re: The Prophecy - Deciphering the clues
« Reply #30 on: 05 May 2014, 15:39 »

I thought the trailer was nice. Behold my controversial opinions!

*gasp  :)

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 05 May 2014, 16:13 »

That might be reading into it possibly too much?

I think we've seen plenty of these trailers take lore a bit liberally. 

Drekar is just the CCP way of showing this sort of thing being done by us the capsuleers, and using the Amarr as perhaps as a stand in for the 'empires' being opposed.  This goes in line with the last several rounds of promotional material of 'us vs them.'

Just like the ghost site trailer probably showed a 'general' example of how that gameplay worked, i think this one might be a 'general' trailer of where they are heading story wise.

Pretty much this. Also, don't the hard-line ultra-conservatives of Amarr orthodoxy regard capsuleers/clone soldiers as soulless abominations? That might explain the 'heretic' reference.

They would be called pagans or heathens, not heretics, I believe. Unless they are all of Amarr origin...

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #32 on: 05 May 2014, 16:53 »

Pagan/heathen/infidel are the appropriate words for non-believers rather than heretic, yes (apostate would probably also be appropriate, when considering that the Amarr believe every race once followed God and turned from him).

In the case of capsuleers though, I think abomination/monster/etc would probably be the better word to use, since it's a matter of the state of the soul (and its corruption/absence) rather than the capsuleer's faith.

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #33 on: 05 May 2014, 17:06 »

I thought the trailer was nice. Behold my controversial opinions!

SHUT UP AND WEAR THE DAMN TIN-FOIL BEFORE SOMEONE SEES YOU
The very model of a British Minmatarian

Shanty Anzomi

• Clonejack
« Reply #34 on: 06 May 2014, 10:14 »

capsuleer owned stargates?

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #35 on: 06 May 2014, 12:06 »

Black and gold are colors of the Court Chamberlain, so in theory amarr commander could be Pomik Heromi he did command  some fleet or something during the Elder Invasion.
chamberlain purifier

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #36 on: 07 May 2014, 19:30 »

Black and gold are colors of the Court Chamberlain, so in theory amarr commander could be Pomik Heromi he did command  some fleet or something during the Elder Invasion.
chamberlain purifier

Clearly then, we have solved one of the mysteries in this trailer - the (unusually) enigmatic figure in black and gold is surely this guy:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

;)
Pages: 1 2 [3]