Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When level 4s first came out, they used the Belt NPCs and not the lesser Complex NPCs?

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32161 times)

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #195 on: 30 Jul 2014, 02:47 »

Kale Silence and Claudia Osyn ? They're teh only two that seem to post in lots of threads. vOv
I don't think I'm too much worse then the general population of the ISG, just a bit more.... everywhere?

I don't think you're worse than anyone else on the IGS either, and hello !

so I'm still baffled as to who it is that "turns up everywhere" in an upsetting manner, an unresolvable enigma, it seems, vOv.
An unresolvable enigma that should remain unresolved, frankly.

The comment itself was passive-aggressive flamebait designed to make someone take it personal, call him on it, and derail the thread - just not to the point of making me moderate it or report it to bring it in front of the team for discussion.  Poking him to go ahead and be more direct about it is no more productive.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2014, 02:49 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #196 on: 30 Jul 2014, 05:21 »

GUYS ITS CLEARLY ME, I AM THE ONE WHO SHOWS UP IN THE THREADS, THE ONE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #197 on: 30 Jul 2014, 05:35 »

GUYS ITS CLEARLY ME, I AM THE ONE WHO SHOWS UP IN THE THREADS, THE ONE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

You! Even when it was the bears I knew it was you.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #198 on: 30 Jul 2014, 12:25 »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #199 on: 30 Jul 2014, 12:58 »

The comment itself was passive-aggressive flamebait designed to make someone take it personal, call him on it, and derail the thread - just not to the point of making me moderate it or report it to bring it in front of the team for discussion.  Poking him to go ahead and be more direct about it is no more productive.

I don't see how it was 'designed' to do all that. It was an honest remark about the circular nature of IGS these days, which is frankly true--the threads lately (at least, last time I was regularly looking) almost always devolved into page after page of the same stuff that's been in every other thread, regardless of what the actual topic of the thread was supposed to be about.

Andreus's comment seems to peek the interests of gossip and rumor mongers who absolutely must know who the anonymous persons are, but I would imagine the point of them being left anonymous was explicitly to avoid making it a topic of public discourse.
« Last Edit: 30 Jul 2014, 13:00 by Samira Kernher »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #200 on: 30 Jul 2014, 14:32 »

recently, I've been interacting with another player, who said they felt a bit bored.

We did missions in a fleet, lol, and then had conversations about stuff, with the result that the other player said they felt a lot less bored with EVE and RP, and were enjoying themselves.

Op success \o/
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #201 on: 30 Jul 2014, 16:47 »

I don't see how it was 'designed' to do all that. It was an honest remark about the circular nature of IGS these days, which is frankly true--the threads lately (at least, last time I was regularly looking) almost always devolved into page after page of the same stuff that's been in every other thread, regardless of what the actual topic of the thread was supposed to be about.

Andreus's comment seems to peek the interests of gossip and rumor mongers who absolutely must know who the anonymous persons are, but I would imagine the point of them being left anonymous was explicitly to avoid making it a topic of public discourse.

This.

It is definitely provable that there are a number of people who have a habit of derailing IGS threads or causing them to devolve into the same old shit we've heard so many times we know it by heart. There is absolutely nothing wrong with someone a statement that uses this as an explanation for why they are no longer giving a shit about the forum as long as they do not name names. It's not flamebait. What it is, if anything, is shit-stirrer bait.

The gossip and rumour-mongers only "need" to know the identities of the culprits in public because they want to make noise about it. I would wager that most people who have been active over the last several months in either posting on or reading the IGS have a very good idea of who the people in question might be, and claiming that they have no idea is likely either disingenous or deliberately obtuse on their part.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shiori

« Reply #202 on: 30 Jul 2014, 17:02 »

That's a whole lot of attribution of motive all of a sudden.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #203 on: 30 Jul 2014, 20:54 »

Having at one time been on Andreus' personal shit list as 'the worst Amarr RPer he's ever seen' I welcome my fellow anonymous outcasts to the land of milk and honey.   Still heart you Andreus, don't worry :)

Carry on!

From what I see from my tangential vantage point it sounds like the 'active' rp population in the traditional interaction zones is at an all time stagnant sort of level, although the more intimate, private interactions remain a good source of dynamism.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #204 on: 30 Jul 2014, 21:37 »

Quite frankly, I'm just pissed at the amount of people on IGS who constantly post and try to comment on current affairs yet they haven't touched the game in weeks, months, or longer. It's a dissuading force from me hopping on there, because there's nothing I can do to them outside of refuse to like their posts, damnit.

I've recently been sitting in private conversation-like channels with at least two individuals; one of which is a channel for just asking odd, peculiar questions about the other character to help character build. It's a fun little activity that makes me smile and keep wanting to flesh out Charles more and more. The other is an active RP thing that at least keeps me interested in roleplay. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #205 on: 30 Jul 2014, 23:10 »

I would wager that most people who have been active over the last several months in either posting on or reading the IGS have a very good idea of who the people in question might be, and claiming that they have no idea is likely either disingenous or deliberately obtuse on their part.

So, you say I am being disingenuous or being deliberately obtuse then ?
\o/

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #206 on: 30 Jul 2014, 23:14 »

I would wager that most people who have been active over the last several months in either posting on or reading the IGS have a very good idea of who the people in question might be, and claiming that they have no idea is likely either disingenous or deliberately obtuse on their part.

Ever think maybe, that I'm not as smart as other people, and don't pick up on stuff that you think is obvious ?
\o/

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #207 on: 30 Jul 2014, 23:59 »

Ever think maybe, that I'm not as smart as other people, and don't pick up on stuff that you think is obvious ?

Yeah, I have no idea who's being talked about either. Mostly because I don't pay too much attention to the IGS and also because I am cursed with being dense about subtlety :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #208 on: 31 Jul 2014, 04:15 »

I'm half right.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #209 on: 31 Jul 2014, 06:10 »

I find the vast majority of public RP these days such as in the Summit/s or IGS particularly formulaic and predictable, honestly. It feels like the real preference is to just go through the motions of the same old cliches and factional tropes, that there's nothing really engaging or new because for a lot of topics and participants you can already pretty much auto-generate in your head what's going to be said just based on past experience.

I mean okay, missionary can be cool and all most days but you know sometimes you wonder when you're going to be able to get to throw your car keys in the bowl once in awhile.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 17