Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32137 times)

Vincent Pryce

Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #150 on: 24 Jul 2014, 14:36 »

Can confirm that I am the new Gallente whipping boy.  :lol:

DONT WORRY I STILL LOVE YOU!

I'll tell you what though, if we ever get time, Kat wouldn't mind meeting him and chatting in a less hostile and aggressive manner. She's much much nicer in person, mostly!

No don't worry this is good! If we want new people to come in, we need big displays of open punchups, political displays, and debates. Although I do fear opening that thread now, haha.

I said to Kyllsa/Ava the other day IC that Laurentis of course is toning things up a bit in the public sphere. That's what every person who has ever engaged in a national debate ever has done, honestly. Here's hoping he won't be so bad in a private conversation, we'll have to see how he goes with that.

But yeah, when I used to play - I had a lot to do with I-RED and the ILF and whatnot then. So if I can rile them into doing RP, even if I'm no longer a 'friend' IC, then that is a victory. Now all I have to do is get everyone else going - although I think I'll need a lot more shields to hide behind before the end of it.

Charles Cambridge Schmidt

• Professional Sperg
  • Wetgraver
  • Federalista
« Reply #151 on: 24 Jul 2014, 18:59 »

Can confirm that I am the new Gallente whipping boy.  :lol:

Thanks for taking my place.

You're welcome to join me. We can be left in RP together.

I was actually planning on having Charles contact him at some point. There's not many diehard and/or visibly supportive Federalists I know about ; __;
Drones are pretty cool, I guess.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #152 on: 24 Jul 2014, 20:56 »

I figure I'll leave this here, again, as a reminder.

We have NeoComs in game.  Use them.  We don't *need* Summit, Bars, Coffee shops, bath houses, etc., though they are places where things can happen, they aren't places that they need to be initiated.  Many characters have reasons to not use them 24/7.

If your character is idly wondering where another character has gone off to or where they've been or wants to drop a hello, uhm.  IM/Evemail.  It's an IC action as much as people flying in space instead of hanging out in bars waiting for the next generic adventure.  Arista often is sending out pings to people, and recieving them, especially as she is deep in nullsec and getting out is a bit awkward at best.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #153 on: 24 Jul 2014, 21:30 »

We have NeoComs in game.  Use them.  We don't *need* Summit, Bars, Coffee shops, bath houses, etc., though they are places where things can happen, they aren't places that they need to be initiated.  Many characters have reasons to not use them 24/7.

If your character is idly wondering where another character has gone off to or where they've been or wants to drop a hello, uhm.  IM/Evemail.  It's an IC action as much as people flying in space instead of hanging out in bars waiting for the next generic adventure.  Arista often is sending out pings to people, and receiving them, especially as she is deep in nullsec and getting out is a bit awkward at best.

Unfortunately this does nothing to help initiate RPz for newer players. As random Neocom communication is just wierd especially with someone you've never actually met.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #154 on: 24 Jul 2014, 21:37 »

I think I'm going to star RPing in local at the random people I shoot. It sounds like fun.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #155 on: 24 Jul 2014, 22:18 »

If your character is idly wondering where another character has gone off to or where they've been or wants to drop a hello, uhm.  IM/Evemail.  It's an IC action as much as people flying in space instead of hanging out in bars waiting for the next generic adventure.  Arista often is sending out pings to people, and receiving them, especially as she is deep in nullsec and getting out is a bit awkward at best.

Unfortunately this does nothing to help initiate RPz for newer players. As random Neocom communication is just wierd especially with someone you've never actually met.

It does work however with the large number of jaded motherfuckers (like myself) who are complaining there is no RP.  It helps wear the jadedness back off and make them eventually *do* end up in places like Bars bath houses and other public-ly places where they *can* run into new people.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #156 on: 25 Jul 2014, 01:34 »

It does work however with the large number of jaded motherfuckers (like myself) who are complaining there is no RP.  It helps wear the jadedness back off and make them eventually *do* end up in places like Bars bath houses and other public-ly places where they *can* run into new people.

Clarification mine.
That is what you meant, right?  ;)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #157 on: 25 Jul 2014, 05:16 »

Well, I'm a Kingdom Khanid.

Eventually there is ALWAYS a bath-house involved! :D

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #158 on: 25 Jul 2014, 08:25 »

I really have to force myself to login nowadays, and I rarely last more than a few minutes.  :|

Of course this would happen as soon as I sink all my assets into capitals and nullsec deployments. Can't just take a break, I'll come back and all my stuff will be locked away...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #159 on: 25 Jul 2014, 11:15 »

I've fucked off, because my corporation joined CFC (and I feel megablocs are slowly killing EVE and rejoicing in doing it), and although until recently the Intergalactic Summit was still holding my attention, there are two specific people who shall at present remain unnamed who always seem to turn up in every thread and immediately make me lose interest in a thread once they've arrived.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #160 on: 25 Jul 2014, 11:32 »

I think I'm going to star RPing in local at the random people I shoot. It sounds like fun.

It actually is.  My pvp Alt does that, win or lose! :)
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2014, 12:44 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #161 on: 25 Jul 2014, 14:43 »

I've fucked off, because my corporation joined CFC (and I feel megablocs are slowly killing EVE and rejoicing in doing it), and although until recently the Intergalactic Summit was still holding my attention, there are two specific people who shall at present remain unnamed who always seem to turn up in every thread and immediately make me lose interest in a thread once they've arrived.

Join me in URIEL and shenanigans. Then we can bring Faust back for Great Justice.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #162 on: 25 Jul 2014, 18:55 »

It actually is.  My pvp Alt does that, win or lose! :)

Confirming that Luna's pvp Alt is Naup.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #163 on: 25 Jul 2014, 19:01 »

Everyone left in RP appears to be slowing congregating around Intaki: This morning there was ISODE, I-RED, IPI, and ANSH (and only those) all just chilling in local.

But then again, is anyone surprised?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #164 on: 26 Jul 2014, 00:00 »

Speaking of, Andreus, did you notice that the alliance your corp joined was the one I was in?

I saw you blue. It finished me.  :P

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17