Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That CCP financed the initial development of EVE Online by publishing a board game called Hættuspil ("Danger Game")?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17

Author Topic: Who's left in RP?  (Read 32169 times)

Vincent Pryce

Re: Who's left in RP?
« Reply #180 on: 28 Jul 2014, 13:12 »

I'm guessing one of the people being Diana Kim, who often has lot to say but has kind of a one track mind. Who knows. IDGAF.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #181 on: 28 Jul 2014, 14:42 »

I'm guessing that this kind of speculation probably is near the limits of appropriate for Backstage. If you all want to point fingers, do so ingame please.

Andreus was pretty clear he didn't want to name people individually, and that was the responsible decision to make.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #182 on: 28 Jul 2014, 15:48 »

I feel this answers both the current speculation and initial topic question.

Odelya

« Reply #183 on: 28 Jul 2014, 15:51 »

I'm guessing that this kind of speculation probably is near the limits of appropriate for Backstage. If you all want to point fingers, do so ingame please.

Andreus was pretty clear he didn't want to name people individually, and that was the responsible decision to make.
Ingame I'm reachable as "Odelya d'Hanguest."

:yar:

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #184 on: 28 Jul 2014, 16:03 »

I've fucked off, because my corporation joined CFC (and I feel megablocs are slowly killing EVE and rejoicing in doing it), and although until recently the Intergalactic Summit was still holding my attention, there are two specific people who shall at present remain unnamed who always seem to turn up in every thread and immediately make me lose interest in a thread once they've arrived.

Kale Silence and Claudia Osyn ? They're teh only two that seem to post in lots of threads. vOv

I am for Claudia Osyn for ISD. They would be the perfect moderator for IGS and it would be nice if they became one.  :lol:

Also, Odelya, Awesome Avatar!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #185 on: 28 Jul 2014, 17:01 »

I feel this answers both the current speculation and initial topic question.

ikr.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #186 on: 28 Jul 2014, 20:22 »

I have found that to be the opposite of true.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #187 on: 28 Jul 2014, 20:26 »

The question is "who's left," not "who's actively getting off their fucking lazy ass and doing shit," Grae. ;)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #188 on: 29 Jul 2014, 04:17 »

The question is "who's left," not "who's actively getting off their fucking lazy ass and doing shit," Grae. ;)

Hive mind detected.  But pretty much this.  People seem to have largely discovered the joys of RPing in their own environments on their own (or friendly) terms, instead of engaging in the Tumblr-esque parade of artificial outrage and line blurring that public Rp can become.  Not to say public RP doesn't have it's place, but I'm certainly enjoying kicking back on my terms instead of throwing snippets into the wind elsewhere. 

So who is left in RP?  Everyone who is.  What does it matter so long as you can meet one or two like minds?

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #189 on: 29 Jul 2014, 08:56 »

Optimistic numbers.

Your results may vary of course.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #190 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:18 »

Makes me wanna resub and get back up to my old shit.  Just too much effort anymore :(

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Dessau

« Reply #191 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:45 »

Hive mind detected.  But pretty much this.  People seem to have largely discovered the joys of RPing in their own environments on their own (or friendly) terms, instead of engaging in the Tumblr-esque parade of artificial outrage and line blurring that public Rp can become.  Not to say public RP doesn't have it's place, but I'm certainly enjoying kicking back on my terms instead of throwing snippets into the wind elsewhere. 

So who is left in RP?  Everyone who is.  What does it matter so long as you can meet one or two like minds?

In the OP, the question was raised by a vet returning after a two-year absense, but the fact that active players are still asking the question six months later indicates to me that there's little reassurance at present that one can meet those like minds outside of 'public RP' (along with the associated complications which it can inspire). One could roll alts until they had a concept that matched well with an existing clique, and try to insinuate one's self into the drama, but that would limit one's effectiveness in actual gameplay. Clone Grade Alpha is not conducive to W-space superiority, for example.

I'm thankful that there is at least an OOC channel for chatting up RP enthusiasts, as most of the small-time lowsec operators I used to have contact with have left the game. While there's no character development, it's still more entertaining than the client itself or writing mediocre fanfiction.
« Last Edit: 29 Jul 2014, 09:47 by Dessau »

PracticalTechnicality

« Reply #192 on: 29 Jul 2014, 09:54 »

Absolutely, OOC and The Summit provide a forum for meeting new people, as do the CCP channels.  No debating that at all. 

Claudia Osyn

• Clonejack
« Reply #193 on: 29 Jul 2014, 20:51 »

I've fucked off, because my corporation joined CFC (and I feel megablocs are slowly killing EVE and rejoicing in doing it), and although until recently the Intergalactic Summit was still holding my attention, there are two specific people who shall at present remain unnamed who always seem to turn up in every thread and immediately make me lose interest in a thread once they've arrived.

Kale Silence and Claudia Osyn ? They're teh only two that seem to post in lots of threads. vOv
I don't think I'm too much worse then the general population of the ISG, just a bit more.... everywhere?

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #194 on: 29 Jul 2014, 22:53 »

I don't think I'm too much worse then the general population of the ISG, just a bit more.... everywhere?

I don't think you're worse than anyone else on the IGS either, and hello !

so I'm still baffled as to who it is that "turns up everywhere" in an upsetting manner, an unresolvable enigma, it seems, vOv.
\o/
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 17