Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that non-capsuleer viewership of the Intergalactic Summit reaches into the hundreds of millions and vehement debates rage within planetary communities based on the positions espoused there by capsuleers.

Author Topic: (Warhammer) Inspiracy WFRP Campaign  (Read 1837 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
(Warhammer) Inspiracy WFRP Campaign
« on: 10 Jan 2014, 13:13 »

I ran one of these with some folks a year or so ago using ROLL20, an online solution. Worked well. RL interrupted of course, but I look to give it another go.

I'd like more folks to be involved, since TZ issues always cause problems with groups of online, overseas groups, and mine like to shift as well (my work schedule changes with little notice). I have some ideas to hopefully overcome or mitigate some of it.

Those who have played before know, I run an uncommon method of GM'ing: Pure Sandbox. Do whatever you want, go wherever. I'll set you off on a path, lots of separate plot hooks, none forced, go off the beaten path. Be heroes, be villians, all good. You will lose characters. I will kill them, but not stupidly. New ones are always ready to be made (WFRP is incredibly easy on the toon creation side). I don't do much prep, I draw a lot of crude, off the top of my head stuff, to make sure that whatever unplanned choices you make can be played.

Anyone interested, let me know here, won't be up and running for a week at minimum, but that's time enough to make characters. I have the necessary books on dropbox if you need them. Previous players can use their already existing characters.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
Re: (Warhammer) Inspiracy WFRP Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jan 2014, 14:04 »

Sounds like tons of fun. I'd be very interested. A dropbox or box link would be awesome.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jan 2014, 16:54 »

Color me intrigued...more information would be awesome.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #3 on: 10 Jan 2014, 23:59 »

I live in Singapore. Would I be able to participate?

Also, what edition rules are you using?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #4 on: 15 Jan 2014, 18:41 »

OK,

So I've gotten some interest. Timezones are going to be a pain, but I'm designing this around groups that can be very pick-up in nature. We'll see how this pans out. If I need to run multiple separate play groups, that's quite do-able...I'll explain.

We're using WFRP 2nd Ed, and will be centered around the players as a faction among many in a region under siege. Said player faction can go any direction they want, with starting options and plothooks befitting an 'adventurers' company....but said faction can be anything it wants to be, including the saviors...or scourges...of the area at large. I have no problems with a pure amoral campaign of ebil if that's how it goes. Interactions between other rising groups will determine how the story unfolds, and given the nature of this game, where a player dropping in could make a call that drastically affects the workings of other players, this could be chaotic.

But hey, what's Warhammer without Chaos? A Holy Roman Empire peasantry simulation, that's what!

You will need:
- TEAMSPEAK
- Roll20 (it's a browser thing)
- The core rulebook. There are many many rulebooks, but they're mostly flavor and Lore. Since this is a sandboxxy sort of thing, most any details of the world are up in the air, and I won't be adhering to the official canon anymore than necessary. I can dropbox this to anyone who needs it, please PM me, and I'll reply with a private link for you.

I'm looking for, in particular, a small group of people who know they can play around the same times, that I can kick things off with.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2014, 18:51 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jan 2014, 18:53 »

Count me in, depending on the time you decide to run it.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jan 2014, 21:20 »

Most important question: Must I roll my peasant?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #7 on: 16 Jan 2014, 06:44 »

I am interested, but have literally no experience with tabletop RP.

GMT timezone, and available most nights and will definitely need the core rulebook sent my way :P

So yeah, I'd like to be involved but will probably need a little bit of teaching as to how things work.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 16 Jan 2014, 17:39 »

Count me in. I'm available most evenings, US East, and I could probably make a time on the weekends. are we going for a weekly game? Bi-weekly?