Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Rogue Jovian General incident years ago sparked Tech 2?

Author Topic: The other sort of Scouting  (Read 677 times)

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
The other sort of Scouting
« on: 07 Jan 2014, 16:21 »

So I'm at a social tonight & I run into an old mate from the London EVE meets who used to be an Aurora volunteer. His ladyfriend is with him & she's an ex GM (T-shirt read "EVE Online Games master 2009 - Harden The Fuck Up")

It turns out she is involved with scouting, specifically the really young ones, Beavers, and that's why she can't usually make Tuesday night meets.

I had a lighbulb moment & though, Scouting (or something like it) is really something that the Empire would find lots of interesting uses for. So do any of you Imperials loyalists fancy becoming EVE's Baden-Powell?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
Re: The other sort of Scouting
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2014, 21:35 »

I can already imagine my character training the young ones how to build an autocannon out of twigs, start a fire using autocannons, hunt wildlife for food using autocannons, identify signs of recent usage of autocannons in the wilderness and how to make paths and create guide signs on trees and rocks using autocannons as well as the different kinds of useful knots that can be made using belts of autocannon rounds.

But no. My character is the sort who spends more time in a toolbox when not in a ship.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2014, 14:43 »

Actually when I wrote Empire I did mean the Amarrian one. It would fit with the whole preparing children to be good little civilizers that seemed to be the original idea of the organisation.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2014, 19:59 »

Actually when I wrote Empire I did mean the Amarrian one. It would fit with the whole preparing children to be good little civilizers that seemed to be the original idea of the organisation.

I would think that the Amarrians are more of the Sunday School sort and the Caldari would be more of the Boy Scouts sort. Caldari treasures the quality of their citizens and would likely be very happy to start training kids to be exemplary members of society whereas the Amarrians are more interested in drumming in religion messages into every community service works performed by their younglings.
Deep sea fish loves you forever