Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Eleutherian Guard, a capsuleer organisation, is a semi-independent paramilitary unit that answers to the Federal Security Council?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: No DT event...?  (Read 3036 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
No DT event...?
« on: 26 May 2010, 07:17 »

Was like this for Dominion, and I'm finding it a bit disappointing...but there's still 5 more hours to go. I was expecting at the very least a news post which mentions the backstory of Tyrannis. Or Sansha/empire wtfpwning empire/Sansha...or Heth being disposed of...

:(

Izanami Rei

• Clonejack
Re: No DT event...?
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2010, 07:22 »

But we already know the backstory, some stuffy fellow with scraps of red tape hanging from his thorax (bodypart) signed a peice of paper that says that capsuleers can do stuff like that.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2010, 07:35 »

...or Heth being disposed of...
Or Roden's election being declared illegal...   :bash:

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2010, 10:24 »

I'm surprised there hasn't even been a single article on th PI backstory. They could have written up an enormous serious of news articles or even a chronicle or two about the debate, discussion, and dealmaking within CONCORD as the new treaty mentioned on the Tyranis features page was drawn up and signed.

Ah, well. Maybe we'll still get something in the next couple of days.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Vieve

« Reply #4 on: 26 May 2010, 10:28 »

I'm surprised there hasn't even been a single article on th PI backstory. They could have written up an enormous serious of news articles or even a chronicle or two about the debate, discussion, and dealmaking within CONCORD as the new treaty mentioned on the Tyranis features page was drawn up and signed.

I'd love to see a story on how Gallente planet dwellers intend to sue the shit out of capsuleer corporations (or hire other ones to get them off their worlds).   If I don't, I may have to write one. :P

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 26 May 2010, 12:34 »

I'd love to see a story on how Gallente planet dwellers intend to sue the shit out of capsuleer corporations (or hire other ones to get them off their worlds).   If I don't, I may have to write one. :P

There's a region description which mentions a law which prohibits corporations from developing Gallente planets without an OK from the local government and strict oversite or somesuch... certainly I think that opens up quite a possibility of a possible conflict in the future, perhaps even a live event? (planet dwellers' hired militia + like-minded capsuleers vs less environmentally inclined capsuleers? )
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Vieve

« Reply #6 on: 26 May 2010, 12:45 »

There's a region description which mentions a law which prohibits corporations from developing Gallente planets without an OK from the local government and strict oversite or somesuch... certainly I think that opens up quite a possibility of a possible conflict in the future, perhaps even a live event? (planet dwellers' hired militia + like-minded capsuleers vs less environmentally inclined capsuleers? )

That'd be vastly more entertaining than Sabi's hunting down and podding someone because he stepped on one of her aunt's prize chickens.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #7 on: 26 May 2010, 12:53 »

There's Syndicate where IIRC no development of planets is allowed at all. Is there another one? (I may need to read up on the Gallente side of things more, in general.)

Vieve

« Reply #8 on: 26 May 2010, 12:58 »

There's Syndicate where IIRC no development of planets is allowed at all. Is there another one? (I may need to read up on the Gallente side of things more, in general.)

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Everyshore_(Region)

I'm sure the phrase "Aclan Agreement" is going to be turning up in legal briefs any instant now.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #9 on: 26 May 2010, 12:59 »

I wonder whether that will extend to capsuleers in Syndicate.

Y'know, just wondering. >.>

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 26 May 2010, 13:02 »

I'm sure the phrase "Aclan Agreement" is going to be turning up in legal briefs any instant now.

Nice.

Casi: I have had some vague plans, just fiction-wise, using that situation in Syndicate. I hope CCP doesn't mess it up for me /o\.

For capsuleers, maybe they fall outside of the jurisdiction that the Fed uses to keep Syndicate folks from developing on the planets?

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 26 May 2010, 13:12 »

I need to do more research. I thought they'd prohibited it when the Syndicate first got run out there, but do they still enforce it? How long ago was that? Does CONCORD recognize the Syndicate as a sovereign state? Even if not, if it's just outlaw space, does CONCORD even care? If there's a treaty amendment, doesn't the Fed have to accept that?

Glad I'm looking at Curse more than Syndicate for planetary management right now... ;)

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #12 on: 26 May 2010, 13:27 »

I wished there was at least some form of press messages from each of the factions indicating the new possibilities for Planetary development and inviting loyal capsuleers to help develop backwater worlds.

What i have been thinking lately, that might be intriguing from an RP perspective, what happens if a capsuleer or capsuleer corporation does not only develop a planet quite well, but wishes to "terraform" it?. Would make some interesting "impact" in the universe at the hand of players.

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #13 on: 26 May 2010, 13:32 »

Nice.

Casi: I have had some vague plans, just fiction-wise, using that situation in Syndicate. I hope CCP doesn't mess it up for me /o\.

For capsuleers, maybe they fall outside of the jurisdiction that the Fed uses to keep Syndicate folks from developing on the planets?

From what I read, that basically prevents the destruction of the environment for the planet, not preventing development altogether.

Quote from: Evelopedia
No planet that supported any life-form was to have its ecosystem disrupted with in any way without a license being granted from the Federation Senate.

If I had to wager, the 'license' will be sold with the command centers.

Casiella

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 26 May 2010, 13:32 »

What i have been thinking lately, that might be intriguing from an RP perspective, what happens if a capsuleer or capsuleer corporation does not only develop a planet quite well, but wishes to "terraform" it?. Would make some interesting "impact" in the universe at the hand of players.
As I understand it, CCP is looking at terraforming for future development of PI.
Pages: [1] 2