Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: .  (Read 2733 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: [Character] Cuci Cairi (WIP)
« Reply #15 on: 27 Nov 2013, 10:05 »

One thing I found rather odd was that someone with "slightly above average" grades, and a record of delinquency was accepted into one of the most prestigious universities in the cluster.

I guess you could say she was... grandfathered in.

I really need to start multiquoting in a single reply. But yes, I had also intended that her having the funds from her grandparents for the tuition would help her get in, as she wouldn't need to qualify for an academic scholarship. What do you think, did it seem out of place that she got in?

Nissui

« Reply #16 on: 27 Nov 2013, 10:21 »

I really need to start multiquoting in a single reply. But yes, I had also intended that her having the funds from her grandparents for the tuition would help her get in, as she wouldn't need to qualify for an academic scholarship. What do you think, did it seem out of place that she got in?

My read on UC was that it was the cluster's largest educational institution, so it makes plenty sense to me that there would be a vast swath of 'average' students. Partnership programs, subsidies, transfer curricula, there are all sorts of ways that UC or the Fed government might support students from a variety of backgrounds.
« Last Edit: 27 Nov 2013, 10:23 by Nissui »

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 27 Nov 2013, 10:24 »

My read on UC was that it was the cluster's largest educational institution, so it makes plenty sense to me that there would be a vast swath of 'average' students. Partnership programs, subsidies, transfer curricula, there are all sorts of ways that UC or the Fed government might support students from a variety of backgrounds.

Yeah, with half a billion students, that was my impression as well. And considering how many capsuleers come out of that place, I was hoping it would be an "average" choice for Cuci.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 27 Nov 2013, 12:58 »

Edit: Added more situational music, as well as a general OST.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 30 Nov 2013, 07:33 »

Edit: Updated appearance and images.

Erys Charantes

• Just another Gallentean girl.
  • Clonejack
« Reply #20 on: 30 Nov 2013, 19:42 »

Honestly, I like. Very identifiable, and nicely differentiated from many others in that she seems like a human who stumbled into greatness, rather than greatness with a thin veneer of human. I'm interested to see how she turns out IC.
"The hardest person to know is often yourself."

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 30 Nov 2013, 22:39 »

Honestly, I like. Very identifiable, and nicely differentiated from many others in that she seems like a human who stumbled into greatness, rather than greatness with a thin veneer of human. I'm interested to see how she turns out IC.

Yeah, I'm a bit curious as well.  :P  Me thinks she will change over time, indeed.

Jace

• Veteran
Re: [Character] Cuci Cairi
« Reply #22 on: 20 Feb 2014, 15:15 »

« Last Edit: 27 Feb 2014, 17:31 by Jace Sarice »
Pages: 1 [2]