Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ship crews either spend most of their journey in their escape pods, and are awoken with adrenaline only as needed?(Source: The Burning Life novel by CCP Abraxas.) or live aboard ship much like ship's crews today? (Source)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: How can I be a Loyalist?  (Read 17545 times)

Desiderya

Re: How can I be a Loyalist?
« Reply #30 on: 24 Nov 2013, 15:02 »

It's my job to use swearwords, because I'm almost out of all fucks I'm capable of giving this month. Additionally, the amount of twisting going on in this thread is staggering already so you may just go on. :p

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #31 on: 24 Nov 2013, 15:14 »

If you want to make some visible displays of loyalty, then pretty much you must do just that - "visible display".
So, my advice: advertise Kat's loyalty more, from IGS threads to private rp chat rooms, be more vocal on what you are doing and how it actually "for the State".
Treat "Katrina the Loyalist" more like a product you want to sell. (sorry if this sounds a little bit dirty =P)

(btw: Can we transfer isk to CCP actors? 'Cause if we do, you can make some kind of a charity event or something in that manner, then transfer gathered assets to one of the CCP caldari actors, while spinning it off on IGS.)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #32 on: 24 Nov 2013, 15:39 »

(btw: Can we transfer isk to CCP actors? 'Cause if we do, you can make some kind of a charity event or something in that manner, then transfer gathered assets to one of the CCP caldari actors, while spinning it off on IGS.)

CCP actors may as well be considered a non option at all. They will not ever acknowledge a player now. They're hiding because of all the drama, and Falcon has been growing ever more withdrawn.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #33 on: 24 Nov 2013, 15:50 »

It's my job to use swearwords, because I'm almost out of all fucks I'm capable of giving this month. Additionally, the amount of twisting going on in this thread is staggering already so you may just go on. :p

Let me put this plainly for you. You and Veikitamo and Vikarion and Stitcher and Pieter and the whole Caldari FW crowd are who this entire thread is being directed at. I'm asking YOU for advice.

Others are free to contribute too, but I sincerely hope you decide to give a fuck, since I'm seeking your opinion.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 24 Nov 2013, 15:57 »

Numbers. Especially ingame numbers. Think about how I-Red being out where they are helps Ishukone's bottom line.

Quote billions of isk income.
Quote enemy capsuleers slaughtered.

Say what you're doing for your corporation and provide some verification of that. And when you have, you stand on that platform, don't budge an inch and repeat those things you've done, without necessarily shooting down what the other guys have done - even if they're being cunts to you.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #35 on: 24 Nov 2013, 16:21 »

Let me put this plainly for you. You and Veikitamo and Vikarion and Stitcher and Pieter and the whole Caldari FW crowd are who this entire thread is being directed at. I'm asking YOU for advice.[...]

This is, I think, a more productive direction to take. Absent the material - a pile of ISK or killmails - the political gets highly personal. Or from another angle, it's probably not nearly as useful to try and find some abstract ideal course of action that would give all of Caldari RP no choice but to admire and respect you, as it would be to pick out a few people and make nice-nice (or "caldari-caldari") with them.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #36 on: 24 Nov 2013, 16:36 »

Kat, fohget da hatahzzz #teamlibbyponyswag

In all seriousness, though, you shouldn't let it bother you. I dealt with this stuff just as much as the next I-RED member, and it doesn't bug me because I know the people that matter realize either OOCly/ICly that my actions have impacted Ishukone/the State in some way. For example, RPing as an intelligence officer, I can't really go into details about whether or not I do espionage against the Federation less I destroy any operational security I have. As for organizing events and stuff, sometimes you just really have to #yolo it. Like when I made that post on the IGS about Kor IC hosting an anti-Provist rally in Malkalen. I had no idea what sort of reactions that would engender, but it ended up producing some really neat stuff.

TL;DR: #yolo, #hatersgonnahate, #bitchimfab, #voteJFR
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #37 on: 24 Nov 2013, 16:55 »

And your decision to engage with the rest of us in sensible, traditionalist, ways sort of counterpointed your rabble rousing. And the rabble rousing itself, actually, initially caused enormous shock and disgust, but later turned out to be pretty justified as Heth got crazier and crazier.

I actually think Kor helped the Patriot bloc a great deal, because he paved the way for Caldari who were Loyalists, maybe even Nationalists, to prepare for the moment when they had to part ways with the Heth government, since CCP had decided on a 30 day descent into complete Hethler Madness rather than a nuanced civil war, fall.

All of that was WAY more useful than your last post.

« Last Edit: 24 Nov 2013, 16:56 by Pieter Tuulinen »

Desiderya

« Reply #38 on: 24 Nov 2013, 18:18 »

Quote from: Kat
Let me put this plainly for you. You and Veikitamo and Vikarion and Stitcher and Pieter and the whole Caldari FW crowd are who this entire thread is being directed at. I'm asking YOU for advice.
My answer would be: I thought you were a loyalist, same as I-RED.
As far as actions to back that up go - basically everything is game. Results do matter, and the scale should be appropriate to what level you're trying to portray. As important as doing things is letting other people know of that. Now, the problem here is that no one's really interested in reading about every little achievement in a 1000 letter post on the IGS every two days, but I'm sure it'd be possible to find a nice balance between no one noticing and overaggrandizing oneself. Maybe being more straightforward with what you do in/for I-RED might help with your issue? While it's pretty easy to attack Ishukone/I-RED ICly it'd be pretty hard (idiotic) to make a claim that they're not part of the State. ;)

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #39 on: 24 Nov 2013, 19:29 »

Others are free to contribute too, but I sincerely hope you decide to give a fuck, since I'm seeking your opinion.

The best advice I can give is that I'm probably going to continue to try and build further conflict and disagreement by playing upon the concept that internally the State and its Megas are driven by deep ideological divides, political alliances, politicking, backstabbing and unbridled competition. The intent is not to try and tell other people they're wrong and I'm right, but rather that I'm trying to build specific agendas and purpose for myself and my bros -- you should try and do the same, because I think it's far more interesting playing out the complexities of adversarial conflict with the Caldari than it is to go forward with some kind of bland hand-holding with each other when it isn't warranted.

Just as I try to think upon what makes Kaalakiota and the Patriots the best, then think upon what makes Ishukone and the Liberals the best. It's like football, you might love the game (Caldari) but in the end you have your team (Megacorp) you support and what makes it fun is the clashes between teams and making fun of filthy foreigners who try to step into that corporate conflict and getting the wall of unity and decrying, "Hey I thought you guys hated each other?!" only to get, "Maybe, but we hate you fucking foreigners even more!" in response.

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #40 on: 24 Nov 2013, 21:06 »

As for "soft" RP events tied into Caldari corporatism, why not something that ties into the concept that a great deal of Caldari Megas have some direct association into the military arms industry? A Trade Expo like SOFEX: A once a year expo where you can invite people to come up with all their new concepts for... "Security Solutions" and the like. You could even promote people to create their own sort of design/concept corporations for it or whatever.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #41 on: 24 Nov 2013, 22:01 »

There even being a trade expo for Black Rise development in PF!  Which was attacked by mysterious agents. *cough* Suvee *cough*

Desiderya

« Reply #42 on: 24 Nov 2013, 22:47 »

Suvee are cucking funts!

V. Gesakaarin

« Reply #43 on: 24 Nov 2013, 22:52 »

There even being a trade expo for Black Rise development in PF!  Which was attacked by mysterious agents. *cough* Suvee *cough*

Lies, Caldari Megas would totally, never, ever in a thousand years resort to such underhanded and dubious corporate practices or screwing each other over in public.

It's dishonoboru.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #44 on: 24 Nov 2013, 23:12 »

Kat, clearly the solution is to throw SuVee under the bus more.   :twisted:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14