Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Shigesaki Heavy Industries (alt corp of sorts? Kinda sorta not really? What?)  (Read 2031 times)

Leon026

• Clonejack

Sooo yea. I resubbed. New patch made my Crow sexy again. That, and I have more time in the evenings compared to before.

This is not so much a recruitment post, but more of a "halp, I need guidance and advice" post.

So is it an alt corp?
Not necessarily. At the base level, my alt is creating it. I use the term "alt" loosely, because he (Victor Amarrius) is more like my 2nd main, rather than an alt. He certainly did start off as an alt in the beginning, but when I messed around with EVE last December 2012 (last time I logged on), I had more fun playing him and help managing TK's corp rather than actually playing Leon. Leon is too high-profile... a lot of people know him/me since I started playing in 2005, but not many people know Victor. I honestly dont know if I'll end up playing the game religiously like I used to, so I'd rather start of "fresh" and take baby-steps.

So what kind of corp is it going to be then?
I have Leon to always pewpew with and fly Crows. But... flying Crows is the only real thing in EVE that I know how to do. Victor is my attempt to play EVE in a different way - go industrial and PvE. I think I've had my share of running around killing people - and with Leon I'll still do so, but I dont want running around and finding targets become my primary activity. It is afterall, the main reason for what caused the burn out over 2 years ago. I need a fresh start and fresh way to play the game.

The corp is going to be Industrial-focused and PvE, primarily for newer players.

I had fun last time "training" and playing with new players because their fresh excitement in the game also made me able to enjoy the game and have fun, and think of other people besides myself.

My strategy towards the corp direction / vision
What I have in mind for the corp, is that its going to be RP, but not too much. The corp itself will be a Kaalakiota Group subsidiary (because :Crow:), but very very far down the food chain. Its Caldari with Caldari business practices, which means I want to see it organized like a Caldari business. Rather than me being the CEO aka Dictator, I'm hoping to see it be led by a Board of Directors that would govern the direction of the business. For me, it alleviates the necessity to always have the corp vision, but would also add a form of excitement and uncertainty on how the corp would evolve over time. It would essentially allow the corporation to evolve by itself through the influences of the members - a member wants the direction of the corp to shift, the issue is presented to the board of directors, and is voted upon. This means that eventually, I might get kicked out of the leadership through a vote of no-confidence, but I'm honestly quite fine with that, as it could actually be something new and different to what I've always known.

So what will it do then?
Its going to be a primarily new-player friendly industrial corporation. PvE, manufacturing, R&D, and yes, even mining. Eventually I'd like to see it specialize in the T2 Frigate industry.

I'd like to also see it branch out into the resupply business akin to Haliburton, providing logistics and resupply operations for corporations that are at war or could use additional assistance.

Contingency plan and ability to deal with wardecs
It's going to be heavily "carebear" but if war-decced it will fight back with every trick in the book I've picked up since I started in 2005. I've created war stocks in the past for industrial corps that Victor has joined, and I've got enough money to have a life-time supply of combat-ready T1 frigates to fight back. There'll be no excuses from the novices ;)

The RP stance and backstory of the corporation
Shigesaki Heavy Industries, Ltd. is a Kaalakiota group subsidiary corporation far down the megacorp food chain. It specializes in civilian mass transportation and civilian power plants, and has recently capitalized on the established capsuleer sector to begin including armament (ammunition/weapons) following industrial espionage against subsidiary corporations belonging to Ishukone. However some would whisper that the shift in corporate strategy towards the armament sector comes from backdoor deals with unlawful entities. The recent sales in shares to capsuleers also helps to reinforce the notion that the up until recent non-capsuleer and civilian direction of the corporation is headed towards an end, but this has yet to be seen.

So that's that, my wall of text. Any advice on how I could improve on what I already have and on how I could begin targetting recruitment?

<3,
- Leon

Once a Crow pilot, always a Crow pilot.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Have you decided upon a target market?  (Ichoriya is probably not a bad idea)

Have you built T2 Frigates before?  There are lots of manufactured components, which can either be manufactured within the corp or purchased off the market.  How vertically integrated do you want Shigesaki to be?  I recommend going down the Component-level to increase margins.  The margins on many moon-based components is 10%+.

Where do you plan to copy the Frigate BPOs for Invention (POS, Low-Sec station?). Make sure your low-sec office has BPO Library your members have read-access to, with BPOs for all the products you want to produce.

Talk to Pyre about potential partnerships and providing them with some logistical support.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

You could actually play the angle of an ishukone subsidiary located in amarr space.....a backwater region like Kor-Azor, Genesis or Kador, and create a small hub there along with your carebear friends.

Desiderya

Interesting, maybe I'm going to touch you in places while we share interesting thoughts and ideas.
PS
Candlelight optional, wine mandatory

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

You could actually play the angle of an ishukone subsidiary located in amarr space.....a backwater region like Kor-Azor, Genesis or Kador, and create a small hub there along with your carebear friends.

He said it's KK, not Ishukone.

V. Gesakaarin

You know, it could be an idea to have your corp initially be Ishukone and then develop an arc where some shady and dubious Kaalakiota types rip it out of the Liberal embrace through industrial espionage and spaceborne ultra-violence.  ;)

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger

<3 Leon.  Been a fan since the glory days of Omerta.  The Skirmish Warfare Almanac is one of the (if not the) most awesome eve related guides I've ever read.   You're one of my eve heros.   My second main also runs a Kaalakiota industrial corp, I have experience with T2 frigate manufacture and I'd be thrilled to work with you and help. I'll contact you in-game if you don't mind  :yar:
« Last Edit: 29 Nov 2013, 17:37 by purple »
You are RPing wrong.

Shiori

You know, it could be an idea to have your corp initially be Ishukone and then develop an arc where some shady and dubious Kaalakiota types rip it out of the Liberal embrace through industrial espionage and spaceborne ultra-violence..
Alternatively they could start out as hardened Kaalakiota jackboot types that slowly, through their extraordinary experiences with extraordinary people, come to both shift over to the Liberal bloc, and understand the true meaning of Christmas.

V. Gesakaarin

You know, it could be an idea to have your corp initially be Ishukone and then develop an arc where some shady and dubious Kaalakiota types rip it out of the Liberal embrace through industrial espionage and spaceborne ultra-violence..
Alternatively they could start out as hardened Kaalakiota jackboot types that slowly, through their extraordinary experiences with extraordinary people, come to both shift over to the Liberal bloc, and understand the true meaning of Christmas.

:lol:

Only the most honorable Caldari can understand the power of friendship, eh?

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger

The three marks of the Ishukone emblem are there because, when you join, your heart grows that many sizes that day.
Will work for pretty sig.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod

V. Gesakaarin

Aww, it's not hate I guess as much as having that ginger haired step-child in the family with Ishukone for those with #KaalakiotaSwag and #CaldariJackboots  :lol:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod

Makoto Priano

The Practicals are somewhat underrepresented at moment...? As is Hyasoda.  A thought.