Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Who doesn't like a good party?  (Read 2109 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Who doesn't like a good party?
« on: 12 Nov 2013, 10:39 »

link to IGS post

Well, after months of waffling on this event, we're finally getting it off the ground. The party will start friday the 29th, and will proceed through Sunday the 1st. Channels, and other information will be provided as the event approaches, to those who RSVP. Please RSVP in the thread or by evemail if you intend to go, as we'll be distributing information by evemail.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: Who doesn't like a good party?
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2013, 12:36 »

Mmm.. I need a wormhole fit :)

teehee

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2013, 15:28 »

Okay, here's some clarification, as we had some confusion on the IGS thread:

This will be an entirely in-channel event, save for a few trusted friends we might invite in ship-form. For everyone else, there will be a procedure very much like the ones you've seen for other large scale RP channel events (thank you Silas for the format, I will happily nab it), essentially, everyone on the RSVP list will be given a channel via evemail, this channel will represent an area on our known space HQ station in Suroken, it'll be public. We will process the party-goers there, check them for weapons and the like, and provided they are cleared, they will be invited to the actual festival grounds channels. The festival grounds channels will be in blocked mode, and only those invited there will be able to get in. ICly, at this point, the party-goers will board corporate shuttles heading for Origin, our system. The event will last three days, friday, saturday, and sunday, there will be one channel for the 'event grounds' one channel for the 'trails/camping area' and possibly one other for the tours of the research facility. Its well understood that OOCly, no one will be able to actually RP for three days straight, so when you have to leave, your character can just 'go back to their campsite'.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #3 on: 12 Nov 2013, 21:36 »

And here I thought I actually have to get my character into that wormhole in a Shuttle.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2013, 23:15 »

And here I thought I actually have to get my character into that wormhole in a Shuttle.

I am embarassed to say, so did I!  And I was trying to ponder the risks and mechanics of that! Blonde moment, I know....

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2013, 23:35 »

I am embarassed to say, so did I!  And I was trying to ponder the risks and mechanics of that! Blonde moment, I know....

I just thought that in a game where your actions have consequences, I should actually go physically if I say I am going.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2013, 23:52 »

Well, we wanted to have an RP event that lots of people could participate in, but letting a bunch of random people into Origin would be terrible for security, and would basically be an open invitation for anyone who thought it would be fun to try and evict us to send a fleet in. So as much as it would be cool, its just not viable. We will probably let a few trusted people in, but it would have to be people we know are safe not just IC but OOC as well.

Otherwise yeah, it'll be just another channel RP event, but we hope we can at least make it a fun and memorable one for everyone who attends, while helping to progress the storyline of our faction, and deepen our internal roleplay. I expect it to be a lot of fun, and I hope lots of you decide to attend.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #7 on: 13 Nov 2013, 00:03 »

I just thought that in a game where your actions have consequences, I should actually go physically if I say I am going.

*laughs* you know Luna's first podding when was when she tried to go to the Broken Piano or The Last Gate (I forget which) in person since I try to be physically present where the rp is!  Goonswarm warp bubble/gate camp is not a rp'ers friend  :(

Still I understand Saede's point and I may see if I can send an Alt to the party, especially since I don't need to probe down the place!  :D

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 13 Nov 2013, 00:28 »

That was my first podding too! I tried a run to the Last Gate and got within about three jumps before a gate camp got me. It was my first day playing Eve, so they got a pod worth absolutely nothing and no ship. Not even metal scrap!

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #9 on: 13 Nov 2013, 10:26 »

I almost always travel to the on-site RP locations. 

But I have gotten very good at moving around cloaky or no, sixty to two hundred jumps a day will make you never sweat a gatecamp =)

THE RP WILL NOT BE STOPPED BY YOUR INFERIOR BUBBLE PLACEMENT.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2013, 12:13 »

Well, you can try to find us.  :twisted:

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #11 on: 13 Nov 2013, 12:35 »

lol, see, and "terribly for security" was translated by a compatroit of mine as "they'll roll the hole, and you'll all be trapped" >:)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 13 Nov 2013, 13:31 »

WTB static entrance location  :yar:

Sounds like a great event!

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #13 on: 13 Nov 2013, 16:18 »

While I definitely understand people's desires to really immerse and be in the system mechanically, I will (obviously) second Saede's position. It might not be "hardcore" roleplay, but living in wspace is a pretty intense experience as it is.

And yes Arista, we like to manipulate our wormholes to mislead, confuse, trap, or deter unwanted visitors.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #14 on: 13 Nov 2013, 17:17 »

I'll admit it. I'd been hoping to slip a scanny ship into the system.  :bear:
Pages: [1] 2