Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rogue Drones are drones that operate outside of human control, pursuing some mysterious goal of their own?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11

Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: THE EMPIRES CALL FOR AID  (Read 18094 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Re: BREAKING NEWS: THE EMPIRES CALL FOR AID
« Reply #15 on: 06 Nov 2013, 16:15 »

The thing about "we ask that capsuleers refrain from interacting with, or taking, any elements that might be set adrift in space during the course of this assault" is curious.

To me, that might as well say "Amazing Loot!".

But that goes against what we've been told, that the only reward from live events that can be offered, is any equipment that may drop from event actor ships, which is limited to t1 and t2, and that this rule is "strictly enforced" by IA.

The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 06 Nov 2013, 17:13 »

I would love to have gone, but I live in Ohio and I work 8-5 if I'm not up against a deadline.  Which I am, as our permit set goes out next week and we have to be ready for that to go out.  I'm getting redlined drawings from the client, MEPT, and furniture designer tomorrow.  So unless this thing is still rolling when I get out of work and I could only stay on until I have to go to sleep so I can wake up for work on Friday.

Would it have really killed CCP to make the event on a Saturday night?  I don't mind screwing up my sleep schedule, but I don't know anyone who doesn't work Thursdays.  All of us have had to work weekends at our jobs, why can't CCP?

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #17 on: 06 Nov 2013, 20:22 »

The thing about "we ask that capsuleers refrain from interacting with, or taking, any elements that might be set adrift in space during the course of this assault" is curious.
To me that sounds like this event is a prelude to Ghost Sites. They have already hinted that there would be events related to these, and this appears to fit the bill.

Oh, and it will not be possible for me to attend this event either. I am in Shanghai at the time with no PC available.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2013, 20:26 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #18 on: 07 Nov 2013, 00:26 »

Currently mulling over the idea that I might just log on and go. Likely won't however, a few reasons.

I'm likely going to be busy at that time, in a place with no internet or PC able to run EVE.

And even if I did go odds are good the Sansha fellows would swoop in at the end to scoop up anything of importance once again. They really need to do something about Sansha's Nation to make the faction relevant again, the Pro-Sansha RP'ers (and more and more of them appear every day it seems) really need something to DO with events, other than this glorified kidnapping/theft angle in an attempt to remain a visible part of the story-line.

*EDIT* I should make it clear that I'm hoping things will improve in a positive way for our resident Sansha RP'ers, I am not bashing them in any regard. However, we do need more for them to do than tag along on events concerning other factions to, well, do whatever damage they can.
« Last Edit: 07 Nov 2013, 00:28 by BloodBird »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #19 on: 07 Nov 2013, 06:00 »

Just to point out (and this is not meant as a bash on your post), the reason we are getting more and more Sansha RPers every day is because we are having fun playing the game.  It would be neat if CCP would do some more with the storyline, but frankly they have made incursions a game mechanic, so they can never actually end them without essentially removing a part of the game.  It sucks, but we've come to terms with that, and all the 'lol we farm you for ISK' jokes it comes with.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #20 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:15 »

The empires of EVE Online are launching an assault tonight at 18:50. But their targets are not simply going to sit by and let that happen! They've put out their own call to action for anyone who wants to fight the power of the empires! If you're devious and wicked enough to fight against the forces of good in New Eden, go to systems FD-MLJ or Utopia at 18:50 onward and join the fleets there!

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/join-the-pirates-and-defend-their-assets

Evi Polevhia

« Reply #21 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:27 »

The empires of EVE Online are launching an assault tonight at 18:50. But their targets are not simply going to sit by and let that happen! They've put out their own call to action for anyone who wants to fight the power of the empires! If you're devious and wicked enough to fight against the forces of good in New Eden, go to systems FD-MLJ or Utopia at 18:50 onward and join the fleets there!

http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/join-the-pirates-and-defend-their-assets

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. That's not an IC posting, but if it were it'd be enough to make me join the High Sec meeting point. They want us to form up to defend Serpentis/Angel space? Evi would rather sit at home and play with her model ship collection.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #22 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:29 »

i kinda understand why its not IC, its aimed for null-sec alliances.....

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #23 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:30 »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck that. That's not an IC posting, but if it were it'd be enough to make me join the High Sec meeting point. They want us to form up to defend Serpentis/Angel space? Evi would rather sit at home and play with her model ship collection.

All my this.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #24 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:35 »

i kinda understand why its not IC, its aimed for null-sec alliances.....

Aka, "How to ensure an entirely one-sided event 101"
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #25 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:42 »

:CCP:  :bash:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 07 Nov 2013, 09:04 »

This smells of one-sided butchery

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 07 Nov 2013, 09:34 »

It would also be nice if some of these 'events' were possibly multi-tiered things?

When 99.9% happen in same time spot....  :ugh:

part 1: EU time

part 2: US time

part 3 AU time

part4 EU conclusion of event

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #28 on: 07 Nov 2013, 09:49 »

It would also be nice if some of these 'events' were possibly multi-tiered things?

When 99.9% happen in same time spot....  :ugh:

part 1: EU time

part 2: US time

part 3 AU time

part4 EU conclusion of event

Ah but this would mean paying over time and night shift. Dropbear and Headfirst did most of theirs in their off time coz they wanted to. I miss those guys.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #29 on: 07 Nov 2013, 11:44 »

There's an IC news post for pirate factions as well:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/world-news/empire-navies-expand-call-to-action-against-enemy-forces/

That said, it's a weekday event; I'm usually at work. It seems those always fall between 11am and 3pm local time. :s If it's a big enough deal and I got enough advanced notice, I could perhaps ask for the day off-- but, uh. Burn vacation time for this?  :s

Ah well! Mak's perpetually in meetings when the big stuff happens, I guess.  :roll:

Anywho! Looking forward to seeing what they have people shoot at.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11