Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat  (Read 8333 times)

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
Re: Minmatar Cred and "Urdoinitrong" - wat
« Reply #45 on: 07 Nov 2013, 07:29 »

From Minmatar cred thread suddenly turned to what makes you real Caldari... I am not saying the thread was hijacked, but it's possible the thread was hijacked.

The number of hijackings we get around here, we're lucky the TSA haven't put security checkpoints onto the boards.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #46 on: 07 Nov 2013, 07:43 »

From Minmatar cred thread suddenly turned to what makes you real Caldari... I am not saying the thread was hijacked, but it's possible the thread was hijacked.

The number of hijackings we get around here, we're lucky the TSA haven't put security checkpoints onto the boards.

You wouldn't see any difference in thread hijackings. All they'd do is sit around looking useless and wasting space and tax dollars, just like IRL.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #47 on: 07 Nov 2013, 07:46 »

We don't need the TSA. Vince handles all the groping around here.

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #48 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:16 »

You wouldn't see any difference in thread hijackings. All they'd do is sit around looking useless and wasting space and tax dollars, just like IRL.

Not true; they'd also randomly feel people up, rifle through their belongings, ask stupid questions, and occasionally deny people the right to post for having more than 25ml of contact lens fluid on them.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #49 on: 07 Nov 2013, 08:27 »

Not true; they'd also randomly feel people up, rifle through their belongings, ask stupid questions, and occasionally deny people the right to post for having more than 25ml of contact lens fluid on them.

That falls under the "wasting space and tax dollars" part.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #50 on: 07 Nov 2013, 10:44 »

I assign to you, Ava, full Minmatar Cred because I've roleplayed with you and I have to say, you've done a LOT to flesh out Minmatar society in a very immersing manner.

Ten points to Surionen!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #51 on: 07 Nov 2013, 11:42 »

3 Amarr enter a room. Each of them immediately thinks one of the others is a heretic, and starts trying to gain the support of the other one, against the "heretic".

3 Caldari enter a room. Each of them believes the other two are dishonorable and confront them with this accusation. Then, all of them realise they are dishonorable, for having thought the other two were dishonorable, and everyone drinks the tea and dies.

3 Gallente enter a room. The first set a trend, the second did it ironically, the third leads the revival.

3 Minmatar enter a room. They all get naked and compare tattoos, arguing that their Voluval mark is superior. A fist fight ensues.
\o/

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #52 on: 07 Nov 2013, 20:46 »

3 Amarr enter a room. Each of them immediately thinks one of the others is a heretic, and starts trying to gain the support of the other one, against the "heretic".

3 Caldari enter a room. Each of them believes the other two are dishonorable and confront them with this accusation. Then, all of them realise they are dishonorable, for having thought the other two were dishonorable, and everyone drinks the tea and dies.

3 Gallente enter a room. The first set a trend, the second did it ironically, the third leads the revival.

3 Minmatar enter a room. They all get naked and compare tattoos, arguing that their Voluval mark is superior. A fist fight ensues.

You forgot to add one more thing for the last point: The Brutor wins.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #53 on: 08 Nov 2013, 08:42 »

If you don't have haters, you aren't doing it right. 

Seriously.

The voices get quieter and quieter and their points more imagined over time though.  You actions speak plenty, your world building is more or less synonymous with player prime fiction for your chosen Tribe/clan/faction/etc.  Your channel is the most active and most recognized Minmatar channel.

Your Ava is the very most Ava.

So relax =)  What you are hearing is the sound of those who are jealous.

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #54 on: 08 Nov 2013, 12:15 »

If you don't have haters, you aren't doing it right. 

Seriously.

The voices get quieter and quieter and their points more imagined over time though.  You actions speak plenty, your world building is more or less synonymous with player prime fiction for your chosen Tribe/clan/faction/etc.  Your channel is the most active and most recognized Minmatar channel.

Your Ava is the very most Ava.

So relax =)  What you are hearing is the sound of those who are jealous.

Basically this ^

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #55 on: 08 Nov 2013, 22:46 »

I assign to you, Ava, full Minmatar Cred because I've roleplayed with you and I have to say, you've done a LOT to flesh out Minmatar society in a very immersing manner.

Ten points to Surionen!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Awww!

TY!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #56 on: 09 Nov 2013, 04:27 »

Awww!

TY!

What, no thanks for the rest of this tread where we effectively say the same thing in a symphonic chorus and sing your praises?

I feel left out  :cry:

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #57 on: 09 Nov 2013, 14:37 »

Awww!

TY!

What, no thanks for the rest of this tread where we effectively say the same thing in a symphonic chorus and sing your praises?

I feel left out  :cry:

Its because you didn't include a cute picture.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Isis Dea

• Radical Sebiestor Rebel
  • Clonejack
  • 327th Wing [Jaijii-Hnolku] - STPRO, Caldari State
    • Isis Dea's Posts
« Reply #58 on: 09 Nov 2013, 14:56 »

Ava, I can't speak for anyone else who might have attacked your credit recently but I know I was one of them. I'll own the heat for that. OOC-wise I've had no issue with you, I think you're a great voice of Minmatar.

I'd ask you be easy on Isis; her edginess is sadly her character and like the others put here, she's going to hate on everyone regardless for something. It's something that no matter how bold, truth, or deceptively false her statements are that is going to take away substance from her arguments often.

It's a risk to take something she says as anything more than a grain of salt. There's a lot of me that loves that part about her, she gets to break out conflict everywhere, even if it's but one extremist view. Also why she's one to adore characters like Diana Kim. Sure she gets no social points and people come to loath her quickly but that's the ultimate price of her.

In terms of eating into Isis's argument:
Her points against Ava surround a belief that Ava doesn't/won't go political with her pride of Minmatar. That Ava won't use the vast arsenal of the different Minmatar societies (many of which we know fight eachother) to pick up a superiority complex, lead, and talk down on other societies.
In summary: Isis is just mad because Ava isn't more like her. Especially where she does see so much of herself within Ava.

Pretty much just that. An IC dilemma. As said, can't speak for anyone else but will say never once was it ever about what kind of banner you were flying. Coming from someone presently serving within the State, I find that's just stupid. 
« Last Edit: 09 Nov 2013, 14:59 by Isis Dea »

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #59 on: 15 Nov 2013, 08:45 »

Ava, I can't speak for anyone else who might have attacked your credit recently but I know I was one of them. I'll own the heat for that. OOC-wise I've had no issue with you, I think you're a great voice of Minmatar.

I'd ask you be easy on Isis; her edginess is sadly her character and like the others put here, she's going to hate on everyone regardless for something. It's something that no matter how bold, truth, or deceptively false her statements are that is going to take away substance from her arguments often.

It's a risk to take something she says as anything more than a grain of salt. There's a lot of me that loves that part about her, she gets to break out conflict everywhere, even if it's but one extremist view. Also why she's one to adore characters like Diana Kim. Sure she gets no social points and people come to loath her quickly but that's the ultimate price of her.

In terms of eating into Isis's argument:
Her points against Ava surround a belief that Ava doesn't/won't go political with her pride of Minmatar. That Ava won't use the vast arsenal of the different Minmatar societies (many of which we know fight eachother) to pick up a superiority complex, lead, and talk down on other societies.
In summary: Isis is just mad because Ava isn't more like her. Especially where she does see so much of herself within Ava.

Pretty much just that. An IC dilemma. As said, can't speak for anyone else but will say never once was it ever about what kind of banner you were flying. Coming from someone presently serving within the State, I find that's just stupid.

* Ava Starfire hugs
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5