Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Re: Slaver Filth?  (Read 2772 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Re: Slaver Filth?
« Reply #15 on: 04 Nov 2013, 17:04 »

I didn't see the point of talking to a character with what looks like a troll name, behaving like a troll.

I wouldn't expect any players of Gallente characters to see any point in talking to a character called "Airhead Gallente Girl", that behaved like a troll either.

vOv
\o/

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 04 Nov 2013, 17:10 »

Well at the very least, he's no longer posting stuff on the IGS that offends people. So the outcome of talking to him was still positive.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 04 Nov 2013, 19:36 »

People did try to talk to him earlier on, actually. They kept posting.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #18 on: 05 Nov 2013, 00:39 »

I, for one, am pleased the Backstage community has people willing to reach out and communicate with other players who are perceived to be "doing it wrong".

[spoiler]
You are personally entitled to be as fundamentally awful at roleplay as you damn well please (although you clearly didn't need my approval to do so).
The only thing that actually offends me about Church of the Crimson Saivour and similar individuals (Slaver Filth, Constantin Baracca to a lesser extent) is that you're so bad at what you do that it actually embarasses the rapidly diminishing number of old-guard Amarrian roleplayers who possess both actual talent and the patience to stick around hoping that things get better - Rodj Blake, Nicoletta Mithra, Aldrith Shutaq, most of PIE Inc. etcetera.

It's not that you're doing it wrong (although you are). It's that you're doing wrong by other people.
Aldrith disagrees btw. As does Stitcher, Ghost Hunter, Morwen, and several others.[/spoiler]

[mod]More flamebait and response to flamebait.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 07:38 by Morwen Lagann »
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 05 Nov 2013, 03:32 »

I don't see why you'd make that assumption, given how you claim to feel about my corporation's RP, and how calmly you discuss it with any of us.
In the case of Slaver Filth, he was an unknown factor. It didn't feel to me as if I'd be completely wasting my time if I tried.

I, for one, am pleased the Backstage community has people willing to reach out and communicate with other players who are perceived to be "doing it wrong".

[spoiler]
You are personally entitled to be as fundamentally awful at roleplay as you damn well please (although you clearly didn't need my approval to do so).
The only thing that actually offends me about Church of the Crimson Saivour and similar individuals (Slaver Filth, Constantin Baracca to a lesser extent) is that you're so bad at what you do that it actually embarasses the rapidly diminishing number of old-guard Amarrian roleplayers who possess both actual talent and the patience to stick around hoping that things get better - Rodj Blake, Nicoletta Mithra, Aldrith Shutaq, most of PIE Inc. etcetera.

It's not that you're doing it wrong (although you are). It's that you're doing wrong by other people.
Aldrith disagrees btw. As does Stitcher, Ghost Hunter, Morwen, and several others.[/spoiler]

You guys should just get a room or something. :roll:

[mod]Nonconstructive. If you're going to report something, report it and move on. Don't respond.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 07:40 by Morwen Lagann »

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 05 Nov 2013, 06:13 »

[spoiler]

Yeah, and I stand by what I said. You don't seem to understand the prime fiction of EVE Online or how to portray a convincing or engaging character that isn't based on one of the oldest, tritest sci-fi clichés in history, but there really isn't any point trying to explain that to you because there's essentially no chance you'd actually listen to genuine criticisms even if I bothered to spend the time making them.

It should embarass you that both my interpretation of your observed behaviour and actual, factual evidence thus far has led me to believe that Slaver Filth is more likely to respond to reason than you are, but I strongly suspect you're beyond shame at this point.

[mod]Pattern detected: Flamebait, response to flamebait, YDIW, casting aspersions as to motives/attitudes of other players...[/mod]
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 07:42 by Morwen Lagann »

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #21 on: 05 Nov 2013, 06:21 »

So, what sperg level is this at now?

[mod]Nonconstructive, not appropriate.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 07:42 by Morwen Lagann »

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 05 Nov 2013, 06:27 »

Wow. Way to lower the tone, DeadRow. :roll:

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #23 on: 05 Nov 2013, 06:32 »

Coming from some of the replies here, the tone was already set.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #24 on: 05 Nov 2013, 06:33 »

I once expected better of you. Nowadays? Not even disappointed.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #25 on: 05 Nov 2013, 06:34 »

I once expected better of you. Nowadays? Not even disappointed.

:lol:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Slaver Filth?
« Reply #26 on: 05 Nov 2013, 07:31 »

[mod]Weapons-grade flamebait and responses to it removed. More specific admonitions will be in individual posts. Lack of specific one can be taken to mean reason for inclusion is just "responding to moderated content."
Warnings may or may not be handed out.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 05 Nov 2013, 07:43 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 [2]