Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Rubicon] T3 Subsystem Re-fitting in Space  (Read 706 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Glorious news

Quote from: CCP Paradox
Yes, that is the subject title. If you like what you read, then please continue reading.

I'm happy to announce that with Rubicon, you will be able to refit your subsystems on your Tech 3 cruiser in space.
This change will apply to any fitting service in space, supplied by SMA, a capital ship with a fitting service (like the Orca) or even the new deployable the Mobile Depot.

Fitting the subsystems works just like in station, you can drag and drop to the fitting window to refit. Any modules that need to be unfitted will be returned to your cargo hangar. The replaced subsystem will return to the destination that the new subsystem was taken from. For example if you decide to use a new engineering subsystem from an Orca fleet hangar, the subsystem you currently have fitted will be placed inside the Orca fleet hangar.

While we are placing modules from your ship into your cargo hold, you can overload your cargo this way. It is important to remember this, and make sure you can safely store away the modules which were removed.

In the past, refitting subsystems in space has always been a tricky subject. In terms of development time, it required quite a lot of time to think about and then implement. Previously we have had many more features that took higher priority, features that we could deliver in the same amount of time as this one.

Therefore Team Super Friends would like to thank your friendly CSM for providing their reasonable things list. With this list it was helpful to prioritize what features you wanted the most. (So hug a CSM member and continue to support them!)

It should be on Singularity starting tomorrow for you to try out, I'll update this post when it is on Sisi.
So please do so and provide any feedback that you have.

Thanks guys! P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani