Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Boosters are banned because they cause a deadly, incurable brain disease?  Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ATTN: Isis Dea ♥  (Read 10671 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: ATTN: Isis Dea ♥
« Reply #15 on: 01 Nov 2013, 19:38 »

Volauvents don't cause the immediate descent of every conversation they're brought up in to a pit of hate and bile - although Amarrians talking about God comes pretty close to doing that, so maybe that should be barred too? But then that's two Amarrian things that you can't talk about and no things from anyone else. Come to think of it, if Slaves are banned,  then why aren't True Slaves?

My theory on this matter was that, basically, if I have to tolerate out and out supporters of the diametrically opposed Empire, why can't I tolerate people like Serpentis or Gurista or Sansha that I just don't run into very often?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #16 on: 02 Nov 2013, 04:25 »

But that was exactly my point, as soon as you start to forbid a cultural facet of one empire, you will restrain loyalists of said side in their RP on the said venue. We are lucky that Amarrian loyalists do not start to make a fuss about Voluvals like some do with slavery (because a lot of people do not really remember or know how disgusting the Voluval can be). All of this slavery thing mostly stems from OOC bleedovers.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #17 on: 02 Nov 2013, 07:38 »

I'm not too sure on the details of the banned slaves for The Summit, so correct me if I'm wrong, but slaves PCs aren't banned out right unless they are shown to be an obvious troll. NPC slaves that PCs bring into 'view' is against the rules, though, and Nation supports don't go around having True Slaves hand them tea and nibbles over The Summit.

Discussion of slavery isn't banned but can rapidly descend into rather retarded back and forth 99% of the time.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #18 on: 02 Nov 2013, 07:59 »

I'm not too sure on the details of the banned slaves for The Summit, so correct me if I'm wrong, but slaves PCs aren't banned out right unless they are shown to be an obvious troll. NPC slaves that PCs bring into 'view' is against the rules, though, and Nation supports don't go around having True Slaves hand them tea and nibbles over The Summit.

Discussion of slavery isn't banned but can rapidly descend into rather retarded back and forth 99% of the time.

In a nutshell, more or less.

As has been pointed out multiple times in the past, pretty much all but one or two of the moderators either have no strong position on slavery one way or the other, or support it in some fashion - or support organizations that fit either of those two.

And again, we also discriminate against Gallente with the "no nudity" rule. Just saying.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #19 on: 02 Nov 2013, 09:49 »

You'll often see people 'handed stuff', and sometimes, people just off camera.  It's likely just a good rule in general to keep ANY baseliners off camera.  The most common would be slaves, prisoners, or security, that a capsuleer would keep around their person, in  my head anyway.  People that that particular character would simply consider 'living extras' to themselves.  The Summit is a Capsuleer's space though, not a place to hold court.

As it is, people seeing 'other people' on someone else's feed causes a reaction.  Seen it several times.  Sometimes its funn, cooll, moving RP.  The seeing slaves one prolly got annoingly tedious cause of course, people then wanna go rescue them, and the person with the slaves is possibly OOC going 'no, fuck you' and so there you go.
« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2013, 09:51 by Arista Shahni »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 02 Nov 2013, 10:18 »

In a nutshell, more or less.

As has been pointed out multiple times in the past, pretty much all but one or two of the moderators either have no strong position on slavery one way or the other, or support it in some fashion - or support organizations that fit either of those two.

And again, we also discriminate against Gallente with the "no nudity" rule. Just saying.

I don't see how gallente = nude...

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 02 Nov 2013, 10:57 »

While not truly nudity, Gallente are associated with transparent clothing.

I think that particular rule (at least partially) stemmed from a character whose summit feed only seemed to work when he was in the bathtub.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #22 on: 02 Nov 2013, 10:59 »

Really, I thought it was the attention seeking bodymorph catgirl.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 02 Nov 2013, 12:00 »

While not truly nudity, Gallente are associated with transparent clothing.

I think that particular rule (at least partially) stemmed from a character whose summit feed only seemed to work when he was in the bathtub.

He was minmatar iirc.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #24 on: 02 Nov 2013, 12:38 »

It predates her.

Unless you mean a different attention-seeking bodymorph catgirl. Actually, the person I'm thinking of was a rabbit girl. Nevermind.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #25 on: 02 Nov 2013, 13:00 »

We had a whole lot of people deciding that showing up naked was a great idea.  It wasn't just one person.  The naked Gallentean Catgirl was certainly an impetus though.

Bath guy wasn't actually as bad.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #26 on: 02 Nov 2013, 13:38 »

People should remember that camera drones being activated via priority signals to find people in comrpmising positions should onyl be happening in semi-private RP for hilarity value, not the damned Summit :D

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #27 on: 02 Nov 2013, 15:40 »

It predates her.

Unless you mean a different attention-seeking bodymorph catgirl. Actually, the person I'm thinking of was a rabbit girl. Nevermind.

Cat girl is at least a year old, pushing two now.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #28 on: 02 Nov 2013, 15:43 »

It predates her.

Actually, she was biomassed in a fit of rage and/or attention seeking.

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #29 on: 02 Nov 2013, 16:02 »

It predates her.

Actually, she was biomassed in a fit of rage and/or attention seeking.

Thank f##k for that.

But my point was I'm pretty sure she was the reason the no nudity rule was added.
Pages: 1 [2] 3