Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Egonics inc. makes a headset called an Egone that broadcasts music directly into a wearer's brain?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: ATTN: Isis Dea ♥  (Read 10673 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
ATTN: Isis Dea ♥
« on: 31 Oct 2013, 14:48 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=291726

I don't know if Isis Dea watches these boards, but I for one would like to give her a round of applause for this thread. I'm not sure if she's making fun of the Summit haters, or if she's simply trying to stir them into a frenzy for everybody's amusement, or if she's just raising a legitimate IC gripe about who runs the Summit. I don't know which, but I like it.

Zero sarcasm here, that thread is Gold Plated Winsauce.

I always found it odd that nobody ever complains about the faction representatives who moderate the summit. We don't hear enough complaints about people of an opposing faction being mods. Like, why do Amarr folks tolerate Ava? Why do Minmatar tolerate Graelyn? Why do Pirates tolerate me? Why did I tolerate Tib?

So, with popcorn in hand, I shall sit down and wholly enjoy that thread. Please, continue.

:D

Vincent Pryce

Re: ATTN: Isis Dea ♥
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2013, 15:04 »

I remember there was brief commentary about this before, but then there was much elitism among the snugglesluts and butthurt all around and noone ever questioned anything again. Until now. Just waiting on the snub nosing and butthurt starting to flow.

I too follow this with glee and popcorn. Although for other reasons than Kat, I suspect.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #2 on: 31 Oct 2013, 15:50 »

Yes. More people actually complaining about it is very nice. Sami's regularly bitched in quiet about it. <.<

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #3 on: 31 Oct 2013, 17:38 »

One of the issues I have with the IC/OOC bleed over in the Summit is there are incidents where OOC friendships and m8m8m8 crosses into IC tolerance of characters that logically you would expect to detest each other (or at least one way) and be almost incapable of stomaching their presence without verbally challenging them or making their opinions clear.

The other IC/OOC bleed is if the player behind the character avoids confrontation RP because they as a player don't enjoy it, even though it's what their character would do.

The Summit is never going to be perfect in terms of RP quality when people make OOC concessions, however it serves a function of cross platform/organisation RP in a place that doesn't spill out into e-fights and godmodding, and for that reason (and the fact that the mod team do a great job being neutral and keeping the place relatively shit free) I overlook the niggling issues of what I perceive to be unrealistic. It's like sitting down at a dinner table for two hours with people who absolutely cannot stand each other, and be surprised that no one threw a steak knife at someone else's head at any point during.
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 31 Oct 2013, 18:44 »

Trust me, most of the moderators (as characters) have at least one other moderator (character) whose throat they would slit (or some equivalent) IC given the appropriate opportunity.

It's not a silly complaint IC - far from it - but I think some people may be overestimating the level of IC collusion and cooperation there is between the moderators. The only reason certain combinations of moderators even work together in that channel in the first place is because we as players are trying to work as a team.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 31 Oct 2013, 18:55 »

I don't know, there's a difference between hating the Amarrian Empire and hating every single Amarrian you ever meet.  Racism tends to melt in the face of integration, and capsuleers are routinely exposed to people they don't like.  So someone might hate the Minmatar Republic, everything it stands for, and everything it is, but could easily say Ava is "one of the better ones".

People are complicated.  TS-F is a bit of a different take, though.  Dea's probably spot on there; everybody has every reason to be suspicious of a Sansha-style mod.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 31 Oct 2013, 19:09 »

Until, of course, they interact with him.

You would be hard pressed to find a case where his loyalties have ever affected his professionalism either IC or OOC.

Vic Van Meter

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 31 Oct 2013, 19:50 »

Sure, until he tries to download an app and ends up becoming Ursula, the Sea Witch.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 31 Oct 2013, 22:42 »

You'll have your looks..  your pretty face.. and don't forget the importance of body language....

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 31 Oct 2013, 22:43 »

It wasn't until I got older that I realized how sexual Ursula is.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #10 on: 01 Nov 2013, 04:00 »

Until, of course, they interact with him.

You would be hard pressed to find a case where his loyalties have ever affected his professionalism either IC or OOC.

The thing is, the professionalism and capability don't really mean much. As I just pointed out IC on the IGS thread, by permitting them it legitimizes them. Just because you might be the most professional moderator in the world doesn't really mean anything to those who don't want to recognize you in any legitimate capacity. Principles and all that.

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #11 on: 01 Nov 2013, 06:44 »

Frankly?

"Oh well."
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #12 on: 01 Nov 2013, 07:23 »

A language is just a dialect with an Army and Navy.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #13 on: 01 Nov 2013, 14:20 »

Capsuleers are hard to kill permanently. The only true victory over an opposed capsuleer is to change their thinking to better fit with your own views. The only way you can do this is by communicating with them.

Now by communicating with Sansha types what you are effectively doing is trying to change Kuvakei's outlook by virtue of what his little helpers are passing back to him. A very long-term project to be sure. But podders are all about the long term. Or should be if they have any sense.

This is also why talking to fundamentalists and fanatics gets very boring after a while. If there is no reasonable hope of influencing them, then why interact beyond the use of weapons?
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #14 on: 01 Nov 2013, 14:44 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=291726

I don't know if Isis Dea watches these boards, but I for one would like to give her a round of applause for this thread. I'm not sure if she's making fun of the Summit haters, or if she's simply trying to stir them into a frenzy for everybody's amusement, or if she's just raising a legitimate IC gripe about who runs the Summit. I don't know which, but I like it.

Zero sarcasm here, that thread is Gold Plated Winsauce.

I always found it odd that nobody ever complains about the faction representatives who moderate the summit. We don't hear enough complaints about people of an opposing faction being mods. Like, why do Amarr folks tolerate Ava? Why do Minmatar tolerate Graelyn? Why do Pirates tolerate me? Why did I tolerate Tib?

So, with popcorn in hand, I shall sit down and wholly enjoy that thread. Please, continue.

:D

Lyn made once or twice very snark remarks on that infamous "no slaves in there" rule as far as to call them colossal hypocrites (and she rarely calls people names like she did that time, it's highly unproper), but since it was seriously flirting with the same issue but OOCly, then I considered that it was unsane/unhealthy and I made her stop, though she still thinks no less, and me neither OOCly. I was going to answer ICly at Samira something in that vein "What is truly ridiculous is that slaves on display are forbidden and not Voluvals", but I won't.

Generally you have your answer here. People will rarely make their character criticize the mod team since it basically bleeds all over OOC inevitably. But Caellach said it better above than myself.

Trust me, most of the moderators (as characters) have at least one other moderator (character) whose throat they would slit (or some equivalent) IC given the appropriate opportunity.

It's not a silly complaint IC - far from it - but I think some people may be overestimating the level of IC collusion and cooperation there is between the moderators. The only reason certain combinations of moderators even work together in that channel in the first place is because we as players are trying to work as a team.

I think we already touched that subject somewhere else (can't find it back) but the fact that everybody seems to call everybody by their first name so casually, it doesnt help at all to feel the animosity either.
« Last Edit: 01 Nov 2013, 15:10 by Lyn Farel »
Pages: [1] 2 3