Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Stalled and need advice  (Read 5187 times)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: Stalled and need advice
« Reply #15 on: 16 Oct 2013, 16:46 »

Anabella is one of Ava's best friends, and on both toons, I have always thoroughly enjoyed my interaction with her. I can understand the "painted in a corner" mindset: if you remember, I went through the same thing a while ago on Ava. That I had no one to talk to, because I wouldnt talk to enemies, and I had no friends to RP with, so Ava was just in limbo. It sucks.

It also looks to me like you are in little danger of that; lots of people here giving awesome advice and ideas if you wanna make any tweaks! Though, from the responses here, and in my opinion, she's pretty awesome as is; back off a bit on the "grr" with people in other factions if you want a few more RP opportunities (Pieter, Jude, Steff, Morwen, and co are all great peeps, and all compatible with Ava, in an example) or just keep on as you are!

Ava

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #16 on: 16 Oct 2013, 23:46 »

Thanks to everyone who's taken the time to reply so far. There's a lot of very solid advice here and a lot for me to consider. Your thoughts are very much appreciated and I'm going to take some time to work out how I want to proceed. In the meantime I'll be working to step more outside of my RP comfort zone, to have Ana behave in a slightly less knee-jerk way and to be more engaged with people. I'm glad to know that people are overall ok with Ana both IC and OOC. I didn't think I'd made her into a jerk but, it's always good to check your assumptions.

Please feel free to add any other ideas or observations you may have.

P.S. please let me know if Ana in her current "midlife crisis" phase while I'm working things out gets annoying. I promise to keep the angst down to a very dull roar, though!   ;)
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 17 Oct 2013, 02:33 »

Come home (to the Federation), Anabella. We could always do with a few good... Minmatar expatriots who don't really like us that much.  :bash:

Anslol

« Reply #18 on: 17 Oct 2013, 07:45 »

^What he said. I literally have 22 Thrashers and 16 Talwars fitted for you : DDDDD

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 17 Oct 2013, 09:54 »

^What he said. I literally have 22 Thrashers and 16 Talwars fitted for you : DDDDD

She can't even join The Scope though.
Damned Gallentean employer racism.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 17 Oct 2013, 10:33 »

She can't even join The Scope though.
Damned Gallentean employer racism.

Anslo does not care about such silly things as game mechanics. He was trying to get me to join last night.

Okay, in all seriousness Ana - sounds good to me. I'll see if I can get Esna to approach her less confrontationally as well, since their last discussions were so interesting.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anslol

« Reply #21 on: 17 Oct 2013, 10:49 »

What Esna said. We have multiple corps roaming with us. Honestly, it's a really great way to vent steam, let loose, and have fun.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2013, 21:35 »

Like a good shitposter, I am going to ignore all other posts after the OP.

Seems to me you've been stuck in one corner of the playground for five years doing the same shit over and over. Time to branch out, look for something new and exciting to do. I'm not saying fuck everything and go pirate ( piracy is deadâ„¢) but search for new refreshing view points and playstyles. This might mean leaving your current corp or alternatively trying to convince them to try something completely new and different from their usual routine. Which in EVE is about as easy and pleasant as trying masturbate with sandpaper.

You might encounter the roleplayers dilemma in searching for new and fun to do "But my RP!" Well, fuck your RP. Bend it to suit your OOC needs, surprisingly easy to do as well. You do not necessarily have to go full on turncoat to try something different.

As for being a firebrand, yeah it's something that's come to be a bit defining characteristic of Ana. Sometimes it's good to mellow out and find common ground even with people you are diametrically opposed to. However, it doesn't have to devolve into the useless cuddleslsut snugglefest that The Summit quite often is. I think interacting with Ana was quite fun at Steff's Masquerade. What was made more of an impact was things left unsaid than said when Vincent and Anabella were standing no more than three feet apart while people were talking about slaves and Havo's experiment.

Sometimes it's also nice to have a civilized conversation to see the motives behind the smile of an adversary. So if you want to do some of that, Vince is available for Adversary duties. Anyhow, now I'm rambling on.

PS. Join Stormcrows. We need more good guys to balance out the bastards... well, currently, me  :yar:

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #23 on: 14 Nov 2013, 09:43 »

Update

Thanks to everyone who took the time to respond. I've read and re-read your posts and wanted to let you know how things are going and what direction I decided to go with Ana.

I've climbed out of my Eve malaise somewhat by doing some new things, associating with new people and (trying) to dial down Ana's level of passion on certain things. I know that all one thing all the time is boring and I really don't want Ana defined by being an argumentative loudmouth. She'll still have her strong opinions and she's not suddenly going to become an Amarrian religious zealot but, she will be less thorny overall.

I'm looking forward to many more years of RP with you all as I attempt to craft Ana's personality and develop her as a believable and fun to interact with character. Thanks again for the great advice.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #24 on: 14 Nov 2013, 09:54 »

\o/

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #25 on: 18 Jan 2014, 13:37 »

Ana, if you want some out of faction rp could you look me up OOC? Luna has a mini rp arc I need help from minnie rp'ers with that I am hoping to put into motion.  I've already talked to one person from Gradient OOC who is interested. - Luna
Pages: 1 [2]