Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (The Burning Life, p. 54)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: The Holdings of Odelya (and more)—where shall I go?  (Read 10911 times)

Anslol

Re: The Holdings of Odelya (and more)—where shall I go?
« Reply #75 on: 09 Oct 2013, 12:38 »

I humbly accept this concession from Kat and accept the position of President of the Odelya Legs-fo-Days Confederation.

Odelya

« Reply #76 on: 10 Oct 2013, 04:15 »

Bio finished. Your input is, as always, very welcome.

And Anslo should set Odelya to blue, if he wants to be successful!

Anslol

« Reply #77 on: 10 Oct 2013, 06:39 »

Well if she wasn't so pompous he might!

Note to Readers: Better chance of hell freezing over than Odelya chilling out ................\o)

Odelya

« Reply #78 on: 01 Nov 2013, 03:01 »

The holdings are coming into shape:

https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Duchy_of_Palas

Input, ideas, criticisms are welcome as always! :bear:

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #79 on: 04 Jan 2014, 18:55 »

Why the porphorygenita (born in the purple)? Isn't that a *bit* high of a title for a duchess?

The hyperprotopansebastos "high best all honored" seems somewhat reasonable as an inflated title for an old dukedom and is a reasonable riff on the Komnenian model of titulature but the born in the purple room was a pretty exclusive title on the byzantine model.

I guess that since (As far as I know) there is no imperial purple for Amarr, it could be made a d'Hansguest tradition and just mean the ducal heir born while the parent was holder. The D'Hansguest colors would probably need to involve Porphory with that route.

Odelya

« Reply #80 on: 21 Jul 2014, 05:55 »

I know Odelya has made no friends during her last actions. Now—that my PhD is nearing completion—I want to come back to EVE and RP with limited time.

While I like being Cersei Lannister I could also imagine to make Odelya less quarrelling. I would be interested: What did you like about Odelya’s prior RP?

Why the porphorygenita (born in the purple)? Isn't that a *bit* high of a title for a duchess?

The hyperprotopansebastos "high best all honored" seems somewhat reasonable as an inflated title for an old dukedom and is a reasonable riff on the Komnenian model of titulature but the born in the purple room was a pretty exclusive title on the byzantine model.

I guess that since (As far as I know) there is no imperial purple for Amarr, it could be made a d'Hansguest tradition and just mean the ducal heir born while the parent was holder. The D'Hansguest colors would probably need to involve Porphory with that route.
Exactly, I imagined it to be a d'Hanguest tradition that (just coincidentally!) fits to Odelya's habit of self-aggrandisement.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #81 on: 25 Jul 2014, 12:54 »

Saw your post on IGS! Welcome back to RP :) I look forward to the future adventures of the Lady Odelya.

Odelya

« Reply #82 on: 27 Jul 2014, 14:14 »

Saw your post on IGS! Welcome back to RP :) I look forward to the future adventures of the Lady Odelya.
Thanks a lot! :bear:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #83 on: 09 Aug 2014, 22:44 »

Welp. You might have wanted to be less quarrelling... but that doesn't stop other people from quarrelling with you. :D

As for what I liked with RP with Odelya? Quarrelling. <.<

Odelya

« Reply #84 on: 10 Aug 2014, 05:59 »

I like quarrelling with Samira. Your portrayal feels very convincing and “true to life.” Odelya cannot stop quarrelling; she is used to get everything she wants, but really lacked a strong hand in her education. She is a deeply hedonistic person, who is torn between zealously believing what she argues for and serious doubt about all of it—which makes her even more aggressive to the part she looses self-control (and hires mercenaries).

What I hope is that my arguments against to current (and apparently set) order of Amarr don’t get too “modernistic” and too “rational.” After all she holds most core values (the Reclaiming, chosen people, slavery etc.) to be true.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]