Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39591 times)

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #210 on: 19 Sep 2013, 06:30 »

derp - a quantity I already possess in abundance.

Confirming.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #211 on: 19 Sep 2013, 08:48 »

This has gone annoying.

If I say anything else I am going to Hurt Everyone's Feelings without mercy or empathy about any back stage RL QQ and with no fucks to be given.

THIS woman gamer is going to go have fun now elsewhere for a bit and cool off back to 'will listen to all the shit Arista',  before I say things I regret.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #212 on: 19 Sep 2013, 15:32 »

All chat channels, player run or official, are subject to the ToS and EULA and all the other policies and so on.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #213 on: 19 Sep 2013, 17:09 »

Confirming.

You know, in my Eve life. Through my kirjuun. Like you.

Anslol

« Reply #214 on: 19 Sep 2013, 21:56 »

Confirming.

And me!

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #215 on: 19 Sep 2013, 23:35 »

This has the potential to screw up EVE RP for years. This whole sorry affair.

As you can see in other threads, members of the events team, Eterne and Falcon, and others, have written a bunch of things, e.g. there's a thing about the Theology Council view on capsuleers.

All of this stuff is as yet, unpublished. But because of its content, is vitally important for RP, as it describes a substantial amount of the game world.

So, all this shenaniganery, putting the events team under pressure and such, might jeopardise the publication of that material. But, because the stuff has been written, and probably put into whatever internal PF repository that CCP has, then it will continue to hang around in some shape or form, colouring any PF that is released, but forever just out of the reach of players.

And, because of players not having the full picture, off they go, happily theorising about stuff, and then, Ka-Blam! stuff gets published, invalidating years of collective player RP.

So. :|
I'm totally fine with this.

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #216 on: 20 Sep 2013, 02:18 »

This has the potential to screw up EVE RP for years. This whole sorry affair.

As you can see in other threads, members of the events team, Eterne and Falcon, and others, have written a bunch of things, e.g. there's a thing about the Theology Council view on capsuleers.

All of this stuff is as yet, unpublished. But because of its content, is vitally important for RP, as it describes a substantial amount of the game world.

So, all this shenaniganery, putting the events team under pressure and such, might jeopardise the publication of that material. But, because the stuff has been written, and probably put into whatever internal PF repository that CCP has, then it will continue to hang around in some shape or form, colouring any PF that is released, but forever just out of the reach of players.

And, because of players not having the full picture, off they go, happily theorising about stuff, and then, Ka-Blam! stuff gets published, invalidating years of collective player RP.

So. :|

I am with both of you in spirit on this one, but with Andreus from a pragmatic stand point.

We're going to make suppositions and all that, but that is exactly what they are.  We are creatures (IC) of varying ego, a slim view into the 'normal' world and the power to make our suppositions appear all too real until proven wrong.  I quite like the instability this brings and the constant thinking and rethinking we engage in. 

I would ask that CCP were a little gentler in their handling of 'tearing away the curtains', but if I had to choose between savage curtain tearing or no input from an official line - I would very grudgingly accept the former.
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2013, 02:20 by Aelisha Montenagre »

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
« Reply #217 on: 20 Sep 2013, 02:54 »

All the worry about RP and events being damaged by these changes....i dont think there's anything to worry about, it's a change which people will adapt to.

Grideris = Logi which imo is a good thing after a few weeks ago as he joins the team

The 10 year special edition being sent out in October contains 'special codes' related to LIVE EVENTS and even a dev leaked recently that the Winter expansion will contain 'Shades Of Grey'.

I built PANDORA and released it a week ago in expectation which will stream RP related ingame player-events and LIVE EVENTS and have its own news 'as it happens'.

Hopefully all is for the good of tightening up loose bits and bolting it all together for getting the RP ferrari in the fast lane  and i r excite!  :P
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2013, 03:22 by DeT Resprox »
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Anja Suorsa

• Clonejack
  • N00b
« Reply #218 on: 20 Sep 2013, 03:45 »

Confirming.

:cube:

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #219 on: 20 Sep 2013, 09:55 »

You're fine with years of RP events being binned ?
\o/

Anslol

« Reply #220 on: 20 Sep 2013, 10:03 »

In a twisted, scorched earth policy sort of way....I would be. It's like, 'OK, that's cool, piss on our cheerios. I'll sit back while your victory burns to the ground and ruins it for everyone. Then no one can have a good time. Enjoy!'

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #221 on: 20 Sep 2013, 10:07 »

In a twisted, scorched earth policy sort of way....I would be. It's like, 'OK, that's cool, piss on our cheerios. I'll sit back while your victory burns to the ground and ruins it for everyone. Then no one can have a good time. Enjoy!'

Even by my standards this is kinda excessive schadenfreude :P.  Generally, I assume narrative bias unless it is a clear 'world building' article produced by the IP holder - not to say I don't prefer player generated content for quality in some very rare cases (Guide to the Planets of the Federation being a prominent memory of mine - good work that man).

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #222 on: 20 Sep 2013, 14:38 »

It certainly tells a lot about a person, doesn't it?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Anslol

« Reply #223 on: 20 Sep 2013, 14:39 »

Does this approval finally make me a bitter vet?

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #224 on: 20 Sep 2013, 17:02 »

I'm fine with players not having "the full picture". I'm happy with Devs having bins of unpublished PF for the development of story lines and plots. I'm happy with players spinning RP'd theories on "how shit is" with the limited info they have available to them or that which they make efforts to investigate further. I'm happy with Devs or GMs who "Ka-Blam!" reveal stuff from their own sekrit PF bin at any time with the potential effect of invalidating any or all of the "ideas" players had been previously kicking around as "fact" without making an effort to unequivocally confirm it as such.

It sounds like every good dynamic tabletop game I've ever played.
« Last Edit: 21 Sep 2013, 00:12 by Ollie »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21