Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The number of young, idealistic scientists found in Verge Vendor is disproportionately high? (Region Description)

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39628 times)

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #105 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:47 »

Ok more.

Official staf should be immune to snark or not talk to players.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #106 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:48 »

Ok more.

Official staf should be immune to snark or not talk to players.

I do agree with you there. I think people took things to a personal level. I do not agree with what was said, but no party is guilt free.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #107 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:53 »

TBH if I was told by a staffr that my work was thanless and I did a hit job? Id take it personal too.  Lsten to me bitch about throwing my keys on my LEad Admin Job and getting shittalked/stonewalled and not paid for 2 months of work I was owed.  At that point "profssional/person" goes out the window cays IT WAS MADE PERSONAL.  There was nothing professional about what was said.

If I caled you essentially, a shitty person, in front of a crownd of 50ppl, would you  take if professionally?

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #108 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:56 »

TBH if I was told by a staffr that my work was thanless and I did a hit job? Id take it personal too.  Lsten to me bitch about throwing my keys on my LEad Admin Job and getting shittalked/stonewalled and not paid for 2 months of work I was owed.  At that point "profssional/person" goes out the window cays IT WAS MADE PERSONAL.  There was nothing professional about what was said.

If I caled you essentially, a shitty person, in front of a crownd of 50ppl, would you  take if professionally?

Lately, I've tried to rise above a lot of people trying to cause issues and provoke others into taking it personally.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #109 on: 13 Sep 2013, 10:59 »

How do you rise above someoen in a .. beyond OOC situation.. OFFICIAL situation, can ban you?  You bend over take it and hope they packed lube.  Thats basic MMO strat.  And if you knew them, youre confused an feeling betrayed to boot.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #110 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:03 »

Sory or doublepost but thread moving faster than I can type.  Also - you are told by "your and everyon else's boss" you fucked up, when as far as we know zero investigation as done before an "official warning/chastizement", in public.  Which violates all kinds of staff to player shit.  Official staff warning of player 'misbehaior' is to be PRIVATE AND investigated.

Anslol

« Reply #111 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:04 »

Ya know, Falcon aside, I can't help but wonder about these changes. I mean this doesn't just mess with RP, but the grimdark potential of ebil actions. Top that off with the Devs being pulled away and made to be more 'official' while the GM Team basically says 'deal with it or leave.'

The hell is going on?

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #112 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:07 »

Crazypills?

IDK.

Fuck it.  Lets RP oldschool / old fashioned MMO style where we're used to the game staff giving fuckall about it. vOv

Edit for up 24+ hrs.... I'm approaching retard typing..

Anslol

« Reply #113 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:08 »

It just seems things are getting colder and colder in terms of CCP/subscriber interaction. I mean I really am sorry to tin foil this but that EA guy man. I wonder if he necro'd Greed is Good.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #114 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:09 »

Hey, I've already had one character banned and I can't do fuck all about it, so who cares? I still have the private RP with good friends and I still have the IC venue channels I love.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #115 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:10 »

Two, the original announcement in OOC was fairly tame, yes. I continue to suspect it was in large part a canned speech handed to Falcon by Internal Affairs. Some comments made in the new channel later on, however, were decidedly not canned and much more concerning.

If you have logs, post them. I think it would help peeps to see why people are up on the barricades over this. While this is quickly devolving into a he said she said pissing match that might help hold back the yellow tide, at least for a while.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #116 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:13 »

Two, the original announcement in OOC was fairly tame, yes. I continue to suspect it was in large part a canned speech handed to Falcon by Internal Affairs. Some comments made in the new channel later on, however, were decidedly not canned and much more concerning.

If you have logs, post them. I think it would help peeps to see why people are up on the barricades over this. While this is quickly devolving into a he said she said pissing match that might help hold back the yellow tide, at least for a while.

I think I have logs, but there would be a pause in them cause of the ccp.exe file crash  :bash:

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #117 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:16 »

Remember Lasa.  You took that very personally when it happened.  I wont got into details as to how.

This is what, 24hrs in?

People have the right to be UPSET, and I for one will not ay "It is your FAULT. Bo not be upset."

At leats the smokescreened you.  They didn't call you a whiner/overaggerator to your face in front of a ton of ppl.

Its onething to be snarky without provocation.  But reading that first postin this thread, people will essentially called favoritist assholes.  Even if people did get "overzealous" by our viewpoints on certainfolks, the blame as laid on ALLL banned ppl, including the very cruel spammy shitheads that I doubt any will disagree were so

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #118 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:20 »

Remember Lasa.  You took that very personally when it happened.  I wont got into details as to how.

This is what, 24hrs in?

People have the right to be UPSET, and I for one will not ay "It is your FAULT. Bo not be upset."

At leats the smokescreened you.  They didn't call you a whiner/overaggerator to your face in front of a ton of ppl.

Its onething to be snarky without provocation.  But reading that first postin this thread, people will essentially called favoritist assholes.  Even if people did get "overzealous" by our viewpoints on certainfolks, the blame as laid on ALLL banned ppl, including the very cruel spammy shitheads that I doubt any will disagree were so

Yeah, when it happened, I did. I'm not gonna lie, but this is small in comparison to losing a character that you'd worked on for six years. I don't get why everyone (CCP included) has to make it a personal "us or them" thing. Also, I think we're on the same page basically, Arista, so I'll leave this as my last comment on the issue.  :cube:

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #119 on: 13 Sep 2013, 11:24 »

Yeh (re: same page).

At the end of the day, work is work.  And one can't measure obnjecively one person's pin to another and say "I hurt worse" -- it is mpossible from the outside. 

Having a char slandered in THIS community.. about as bad as being banned.  It is an unforgiving place.

End of day, they wwere publicly slandered by CCP staff.  which damn well shoul dbe against staff rules, if it si snot.  check every post re when you petition someone.

Officially the petition against them was dumpd in the open.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2013, 11:27 by Arista Shahni »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21