Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That "gods and spirits" is a popular Achura and Minmatar expression of disbelief?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: For the Children  (Read 2661 times)

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
Re: For the Children
« Reply #15 on: 16 Sep 2013, 11:36 »

This seems like a potential opportunity for Havohej shenanigans.  As in, Havo makes ultra-nationalist/racist/inflammatory comments while also supporting the effort/project and donating ISK, thus doing a good deed for terribad reasons and casting a faint shadow of ebil over the whole thing by adding terrorist blood money to the pot.

Would that create a big problem for you?

EDIT:  I'm serious, by the way.  I don't want to shit up your thing by drawing hate and conflict into it if you're really not prepared for and/or open to that eventuality.

I think I can work with that...I am already having to deal with ebil Sabik Blooder pirate-types making and their 'donation' of many children under dubious circumstances and pickup conditions.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #16 on: 23 Sep 2013, 10:16 »

Well, as someone pointed out to me, a knight needs a dragon to prove themselves against...thank you Silas for that  :D
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #17 on: 23 Sep 2013, 10:41 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWBUl7oT9sA

Looking forward to what you have in store :P

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #18 on: 23 Sep 2013, 11:04 »

Will have to watch that video later when I'm not at work.

Not that Steff would do this, but I have this image of thousands of frigates piloted by more orphans...would be a glorious sight till a battleship with a smartbomb lands in the midst of them all.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #19 on: 01 Oct 2013, 00:53 »

There was an incident in the past in which Merdaneth claimed to be sponsoring (in a roundabout fashion, of course) a bunch of schools, orphanages, and whatnot in the Republic; obviously they were peaceful proselytizing positions as well, but ultimately quite similar.

Cue lots of people going "YOU'RE AMARR, YOU CAN'T BUILD IN THE REPUBLIC!", culminating in someone claiming to have arrested his staff (without, as best I know, consulting Merdaneth OOC first).

Issue others took with that response was that it seemed to be saying (OOC) "you can't do anything in the Republic, no matter how many shell corporations/false fronts/peaceful assurances/etc you use to make sense IC, you are forbidden from actually doing anything peaceful in the Republic."  The original opponents seemed to feel that the issue was he was implementing these without giving them any chance to respond or interact, which turned out to be kind of wrong - in the end, he decided to run with his staff being arrested and the operations closing up.

I'm assuming the PI is Planetary Interface...that thought had occurred to me; could just purchase the modules and stuff and use them as 'proof' of activity.  Might actually delve into that aspect of the game at some point.

How would one get a hold of an actor?

I'm not especially keen on the "PI alone = proof" thing; IMO, excellent worldbuilding outdoes PI for any planetside installations. PI in conjunction with worldbuilding, though, is not something I'd have any "issues" with. Admittedly, I am biased due to incidents in the past where I felt people misused installations alone to claim proof of (what I felt) ridiculous planetside facilities.

Regarding actors: You can try mailing one, but it's no guarantee of a response.

Those bloody idiots who froth over their mouths over Amarrian efforts in Republic space better take a very good look at the high sec systems all over Heimatar and Metropolises. Amarr corporations did set up shop in here, and it's not for the enslaving business.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 01 Oct 2013, 01:42 »

That's the dichotomy I don't like since TEA was introduced. TEA implied a (limited, granted) war between all the empires and the universe remained in its exact pre war state, with stations of corporations doing happy business in enemy territory.

It can still be justified since it's a dummy war, but it's cumbersome.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #21 on: 01 Oct 2013, 10:03 »

It's not just business - missions still have text warning of "upcoming conflict on the horizon" or the like.

Elmund - I think their claim was that there is a difference between a negotiated and treatied station which might act something like RL embassies (i.e., territorial law to the owner within) and an unregistered group operating on orders from a member of the 24th Imperial Crusade.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #22 on: 01 Oct 2013, 23:33 »

It's not just business - missions still have text warning of "upcoming conflict on the horizon" or the like.

Elmund - I think their claim was that there is a difference between a negotiated and treatied station which might act something like RL embassies (i.e., territorial law to the owner within) and an unregistered group operating on orders from a member of the 24th Imperial Crusade.

Ah. Okay, so it's 24th Imperial Crusade business. What are they doing in Metro and Heimatar high-sec?
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Jandice Ymladris

• Collector of Civilians!
  • Wetgraver
    • Aurora Arcology News
« Reply #23 on: 04 Oct 2013, 06:27 »

Hello Steff, considering what to do with donations, you could use it to buy items/stuff to enrich your roleplay with it. You could also fund events/equipment related to your corporation to it.

I've been running the Arcology for a while (albeit only serious for the last few months) and I've got suprised by the generosity of alot of people. Usually people donate civilians to me (wich is great as I ask for them) but I also ran into your issue, where people donated isk & goods/equipment. At first I didn't really know what to do with it, but now I choose to use it to enhance my RP.

With the isk, I usually try to spend it on interesting stuff to enhance RP, or equipment (examples: antibiotics, as reflection of a medical examination before entry; Wheat & water as foodsupply etc ) People like it when you can link something in chat (I could suggest to look for dolls for your orphanage)
I also plan to fund events/RP orders with it (currently in the proces of 'worldbuilding' in null, wich will be reflected by buy orders and depending how fast or how much they get filled, the story develops from there )

I generally assume that people who donate isk to an RP project would like to see it spend on stuff related to it (this can even be ships you almost exclusivly use for this)

Steffanie Saissore

• Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #24 on: 08 Oct 2013, 09:12 »

Hello Steff, considering what to do with donations, you could use it to buy items/stuff to enrich your roleplay with it. You could also fund events/equipment related to your corporation to it.

I've been running the Arcology for a while (albeit only serious for the last few months) and I've got suprised by the generosity of alot of people. Usually people donate civilians to me (wich is great as I ask for them) but I also ran into your issue, where people donated isk & goods/equipment. At first I didn't really know what to do with it, but now I choose to use it to enhance my RP.

With the isk, I usually try to spend it on interesting stuff to enhance RP, or equipment (examples: antibiotics, as reflection of a medical examination before entry; Wheat & water as foodsupply etc ) People like it when you can link something in chat (I could suggest to look for dolls for your orphanage)
I also plan to fund events/RP orders with it (currently in the proces of 'worldbuilding' in null, wich will be reflected by buy orders and depending how fast or how much they get filled, the story develops from there )

I generally assume that people who donate isk to an RP project would like to see it spend on stuff related to it (this can even be ships you almost exclusivly use for this)
That is something to really think on as I had considered purchasing PI stuff as evidence of structures and such being purchased and put to use, but that didn't quite feel right either for some reason.

Is something that I will be thinking about and till then, the money that has been given to the Order for said project will sit in a specific corp division wallet setup for the project. No matter how tempting it would be to dip in and use it for a Navy 'thron  8)
Pages: 1 [2]