Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That high-orbit shuttle deployment is the most popular method of passenger and freight transportation from planets to space? Read more here.

Author Topic: Sansha invasion, New Life's plan of action  (Read 3455 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Sansha invasion, New Life's plan of action
« on: 22 May 2010, 03:34 »

I have just posted the following.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1322474

This is a bit of a response to the SPCS, but I really was planing something similar for a while now.  Anyway, if anyone wants to get involved, please feel free.  And if anyone want to ask me what Sai is up to, or has any suggestions, I'll be happy to listen here.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Sansha invasion, New Life's plan of action
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2010, 13:11 »

It's a good initiative. My only suggetion would be to try and build some IG events around it.

Back when I was doing the Safe Harbor thing for Naqam, I regret that I didn't do more in-space stuff. Having people take transports full of refugees out to Paragon Soul or the like.  :D

Bong-cha Jones

• New Jin Mei
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2010, 07:27 »

I'm wildly late to this party, but the Grass Spiders are supposed to be a humanitarian organization of sorts.  I'd be interested in working with you, assuming you aren't like kidnapping these people and then enslaving them (and even then!).  Scheduling may be an issue but I'm sure we can work something out.
Formerly Simon Coal.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 25 May 2010, 20:58 »

I've been debating whether to have Esna approach both Sai and the SPCS with an offer of help. The big issue I have is that living in nullsec, I'm largely cut off from the rest of the RP community in terms of actual space, though I've been considering having Esna offer to allow them to use his POSes and stuff as a temporary safe location.

Also, while I think Lord Murkon made a serious strategic blunder in the "and take people back to special treatement centers" bit, I'm seriously surprised by the amount of hostile kickback he's been getting. I've also been considering sending him a mail suggesting he publicly cancel the "taking people to special treatment centers bit" and offer to let other organizations take care of that if needed.

Of course, his member having that rather rude convo with Vik was a pretty spectacular PR blunder to.  :s
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 25 May 2010, 22:18 »

Well, would love someone to revive Safe Harbor if they did it properly.  :D

'Capsuleers are murdering each-other above populated planets and blaming it on the Nation (See attached CONCORD logs!). Join us, see the truth. Enroll in Safe Harbor and get a new start in Paragon Soul!'

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 01 Jun 2010, 16:17 »

Sorry for the late reply, my free time is short and variable these days.

Well, I'd love to do in-game events around this.  Of course, the whole Sansha thing seems to have died down a bit, but I was still planning to have some sort of opening cerrimony/party the weekend after next for this.  I will put up another annouancement when I have a better idea of the time. 

As for offers of help Simon and Esna, they are appreciated.  I am actually cooking up wild and crazy schemes for this idea, but in the meantime, I'll gladly accept any help you wish to offer.  Specifics I am unfortunately short on. 

And Esna, not to derail this too much, but OOCly and no offence meant to the players, but the SPCS has always had "bad" PR, on purpose I think, but now they are trying to be "good" Amarrians, I think everyone is remembering the bad.  I think IC it will take a while to live down their old reputation. 

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 02 Jun 2010, 11:58 »

Ah, I wasn't aware they'd had a "bad" rep... so far I'd only seen the "good" side; it may predate when I was paying that much attention to them.

Anyway, I suspect we'll be seeing the next stage of in-game events appear in the next few weeks. I have this little hope that CCP is all sitting around a table, being a little surprised by the level of response complexity achieved by the playerbase (see - Pre-tyrannis DT event pulled off by the pro-Nation folks) and perhaps thinking about some of the feedback (positive and negative), and plotting where to go from here.

Either way, given the sheer response to the renewed live events, I doubt CCP will just drop them that soon... so we'll have plenty of time to work out New Life/LE related IC stuff.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #7 on: 02 Jun 2010, 13:01 »

I agree, they likely won't drop them. I suspect that the pushback in the PI structure seeding affected their plans somewhat, and that we'll have a whole mess of events next week.

Or at least, I hope that.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jun 2010, 03:08 »

From hints that Dropbear was dropping over on the main forums, I'm thinking something is going to happen on Friday.  I think the weekends will be off due to the tournament.  But I guess we will see.

Oh and Esna, for an example of "bad" see the link:  http://www.eve-search.com/thread/545283 

Back on this topic, I'll be send out a general announcement on the main forums for the party early next week some time.  I'll link it here.  I hope it will be something suitable.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 11 Jun 2010, 20:38 »

For those of you who can make it, there's a party going on.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1334954

Expect a speech or two, and hopefully some friendly chatter while cheering on your favorite alliance team.  And maybe we'll see a real live sansha follower.

Just try not to trash the place, its brand new.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #10 on: 11 Jun 2010, 21:03 »

For those of you who can make it, there's a party going on.

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1334954

Expect a speech or two, and hopefully some friendly chatter while cheering on your favorite alliance team.  And maybe we'll see a real live sansha follower.

Just try not to trash the place, its brand new.

Your extended description link is broken.

Edit; What the hell, I show up a half hour late and there aint nothing here but Fedo? ;D
« Last Edit: 11 Jun 2010, 21:07 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #11 on: 11 Jun 2010, 22:53 »

Fedo? Battle fedo? /o\

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 12 Jun 2010, 01:18 »

link fixed.

And the party doesn't start for another 7 so hours yet.

Battle fedo destroyed my link, I must have revenge!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jun 2010, 01:24 »

link fixed.

And the party doesn't start for another 7 so hours yet.

Battle fedo destroyed my link, I must have revenge!

I'm afraid I'll be sleeping then, otherwise I'd show up. Maybe one of the other loyalists will show in my stead?
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation