Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kaalakiota, or KK, is the largest of the Caldari megacorporations, and was run by Tibus Heth.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: [FL0CK]Stormcrows - [Recruiting]  (Read 10246 times)

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
    • Bitter Vet's Social Club
Re: [FL0CK]Stormcrows - [Recruiting]
« Reply #30 on: 05 Nov 2013, 12:57 »

I fear I might be repeating myself here, but as we grow and take in more pilots, ideas become easier to put into words.

This post is a bit more on what we are aiming at OOC.

We want to create an alternative. A non aligned RP corp, that explores what capsuleer-hood means. (And yes, we will take those that do not RP, long as they happy with what we do). Which is obviously different to different people.

Although we won't exclusively be mercs, I have always seen capsuleers as mercenary, or freelancers. We get paid to fight in the stead of others. Be it by baseliners or capsuleers. Even our industry empires are rarely subject to loyalty beyond the corp. Highest bidder wins. And thus I felt that taking contracts, when they suit us, is in line with what capsuleers are and essentially what they were created for.

A bit aspect of what we want to do, is support each other in our private goals. This is more difficult since often goals and older sympathies do not align. I look forward to exploring this aspect and finding solutions should there be opposing views. I believe that as long as people act with respect, a middle way can be found. On a larger level, this also means we stick together, as Vince has pointed out.

At the moment we also do not have a whole list of rules, our code of conduct is a guideline. Although this might become more solid, I believe that these will never have to become rules, if I look at the pilots we have attracted.

Again, some of this might be a repeat, but I hope if helps clarify our OOC goals somewhat.

Jude.

A man who does not test his shaving cream for poison each morning has lost the will to live.

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #31 on: 05 Nov 2013, 13:12 »

Small update.

I have also changed the stated affiliation from Mildly Mordu's affiliated to Unaffiliated. I have given my reasons in an Edit note on the first page of this thread.

A man who does not test his shaving cream for poison each morning has lost the will to live.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #32 on: 23 Nov 2013, 09:46 »

Are you going to have skillpoint minimums, or just require financial self-sustainability? This sounds like it could be a good fit for this character, my new alt. My main is turning into a manufacturer, so this character was created with RP as the primary focus, with random PvP possibilities as the secondary focus. If you don't mind, I will add you as a contact and keep an eye out for you in-game for an OOC discussion about it.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2013, 09:48 by Cuci Cairi »

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #33 on: 23 Nov 2013, 15:32 »

Are you going to have skillpoint minimums, or just require financial self-sustainability? This sounds like it could be a good fit for this character, my new alt. My main is turning into a manufacturer, so this character was created with RP as the primary focus, with random PvP possibilities as the secondary focus. If you don't mind, I will add you as a contact and keep an eye out for you in-game for an OOC discussion about it.

We don't have a skillpoint minimum, though a certain degree of self-sustainability is needed. We are working towards a level where the corp can supply the most commonly used ships and such, but since there is also a potential for down-time, it is good if a pilot can earn their own isk or at least stay busy.

And poke me any time you see me online, there is also normally someone in Stormcrows, our public channel.

Jude

Saying all that, some of the challenges might need a certain amount of skill points, should they be based on a certain ship type and such. Don't think it is mich of a problem currently, but just for future reference.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2013, 15:39 by Kopenhagen »

Drakolus

« Reply #34 on: 23 Nov 2013, 15:57 »

If you don't mind I'd like to throw a couple of questions your way as the Merc playstyle has piqued my interest in the past. 

Being that you typically get hired to do things others do not wish to do, or cannot, or will not etc...  How often do you find yourself stuck doing the really odious stuff?  I.E. if you're hired to attack a corp that usually just stations up at the merest hint of danger, do you sit there and station camp?  Are you tasked with logistics interdiction of skittish haulers?  Do you get all of the POS cleanup/takedown jobs? 

In a few months, when I finally leave this god-forsaken desert I am hoping to be back in the land of fast internet and a decent timezone so I will be looking for fights then.  At the moment I'm with a small alliance in NPC null that has one to two regularly scheduled fleet ops which 99% of the time involve us hiding until we can bomb some poor saps, rinse and repeat.  While this is fun the first few times, it gets old after time # 1754764.  I am wondering if the Merc life might be a viable alternative?

And I love the idea of crafting a narrative to go along with your activities.  Awesome method to keep folks involved, interested and feeling like they're part of something greater.

*Also, that's a pretty good looking website you got there :)
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2013, 16:14 by Drakolus »

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #35 on: 24 Nov 2013, 10:47 »

Hey Drakolus,

Thanks for the positive feedback, first.

As for fights and wars, I think it is always risky. Sometimes you will get lucky and find something active, sometimes it will be dead. We are lucky in that we can choose our contracts, and that we can also look for more fun things to do in between contracts. Because I like fighting, I will always try and find something that might be a bit more active in terms of contracts.

However, I also have a lot of patience, and don't mind waiting on a target to show should the contract demand that.

One thing we are big on is trying different styles of game play. Because of the fluctuation numbers and nature of our wars, we might fly a few different sizes or types of ships in a night. I am also less about getting a ton of kills, and more about getting good kills. Sometimes these require a fair bit of patience.

I would say what we do is less about the instant rewards of an 0.0 gang. Drop bombs, get 50 kills. We have to work for our kills, but in that, we build a reputation as a group that can be relied upon. But, as with all of Eve, there is still the hurry up and wait aspect. Think it is only possibly FW and RvB that can offer alternatives to that.

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #36 on: 12 Dec 2013, 13:46 »

So, the topic of being a merc often comes up. Because we take contracts.

I don't want to give too much away, but we have goals beyond being just mercenaries, as have been mentioned a few times.

To give you a hint, here is a link.

http://stormcrows.bvsc.za.net/?p=177

EDIT: Let us take this slowly, yes.
« Last Edit: 12 Dec 2013, 14:41 by Kopenhagen »

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #37 on: 12 Dec 2013, 14:51 »

We found a baby picture of Jude! He was already upsetting the Deteis. ...And he had hair!

Will work for pretty sig.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #38 on: 23 Dec 2013, 10:39 »

I take it that all the info on the website is IC public?
-OOChé

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #39 on: 23 Dec 2013, 13:06 »

Mmm, tough one. Some of it is, some of it are supposed to act as hooks. Things that can be explored.

The Bios for one are probably leaning more towards OOC knowledge. Though the vital stats and some of it would be IC too.

The Stories depends on the perspective I would say. Jude's can be considered IC and public. Some of the others might be a bit more personal I think.

Challenges are IC.

I think, best would be to ask the people in question just to check.

J.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #40 on: 24 Dec 2013, 05:13 »

For sale now at the Lock, Stock & Barrel:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Just in time for your last minute holiday shopping! Get the perfect gift for that special someone in your life. Buy a 'Captain Kopenhagen: Mercenary of Hearts' shirt today!

(Special group discounts apply for orders of a dozen or more tops sent from any of the official Jude Kopenhagen fan clubs in Achuran secondary schools.)
Will work for pretty sig.

Kopenhagen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #41 on: 24 Dec 2013, 06:32 »

* Kopenhagen sighs

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #42 on: 24 Dec 2013, 09:29 »

Mmm, tough one. Some of it is, [..] I think, best would be to ask the people in question just to check.
Ok, you may want to post something like that in the "About the website" section.

...And someone told me that Jude is the mercenary o' farts? :wtf:
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2013, 09:32 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #43 on: 24 Dec 2013, 10:59 »

Its threads like these that I shouldn't read at work.  Laughing hysterically wouldn't really go over well.

But good luck with the corp.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 30 Dec 2013, 07:10 »

As a brief plug:

Everyone I have talked to in PIE who fought you all said that you were quite fun to fight.

I don't really hear that all that often about our enemies!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4