DUST 514 RP Discussion and Resources > DUST 514 OOC Summit

How does one draw in a RP community.....?

(1/2) > >>

Avio Yaken:
so for those who don't know - i started DUST OOC about maybe a month ago in a attempt to draw in the Duster RP community, so far we are slowly growing, yet getting most of the people to RP is difficult - especially trying to get people into the IC channel i had set up

i just made THIS post https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=106466&find=unread as a attempt at it

But how did OOC get so active as well as summit? come on! spread da knowledge o' bitter vet

Alain Colcer:
I count myself as someone who does "very light" RPing in eve, i create a believable background to my character, to my corp or for the activity i do (and enjoy) within the game.

In essence, i give an RP context to my actions in-game. However, i dont engage in live RP as often since it requires a bit more effort on my part to do so.

Therefore speaking from that angle and experience, you could tell your dusters pals to come up with explanations of themselves and their work that fit within the DUST514 universe and don't fall onto the "mary sue" and "unique snowflake" category. That first step into creating an RP story line for their characters usually kickstarts the next phase.

Galm Fae:
"Special snowflakes."

>shutters

I've really been keeping an eye out for anyone with an alicorn/g-mod complex. Particularly people who insist they are first gens. Unless you played dust from the start and you earned the title in the Templar challenge, it is probably fair to say you weren't a first gen Templar. >_<

Aria Jenneth:

--- Quote from: Galm Fae on 02 Sep 2013, 17:34 ---"Special snowflakes."

>shutters

I've really been keeping an eye out for anyone with an alicorn/g-mod complex. Particularly people who insist they are first gens. Unless you played dust from the start and you earned the title in the Templar challenge, it is probably fair to say you weren't a first gen Templar. >_<

--- End quote ---
Eh, there's a bit of wiggle room where the "first gen" thing is concerned-- at least, with regard to people claiming to have once been first gens. The Chronicle "Speaks and Walks" strongly implies that they can be upgraded to more stable versions of the tech.

As Mary Sue-dom goes, claiming to be both a capsuleer and a clone soldier at the same time seems more of an issue, and it's presently kind of widespread.

In fairness, CCP hasn't been all that good about the publicizing the "incompatible technologies" aspect of the lore.

Aria Jenneth:
To the original issue:

Creating a roleplay community is a pretty organic process. A lot of it is a matter of leading by example-- doing things you want others to do, doing them visibly, and making them appealing enough that they will attract others, like-minded, until the idea becomes the institution. We can point people to Backstage, we can point people to various channels, but the most important thing is that we create what we would like to see more of, in hopes of inspiring others to do what we do ourselves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version