Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

the Serpentis stole a Federation Navy Nyx, here is the  news item

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: [SFRIM] Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque open for recruitment!  (Read 22116 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

What is [SFRIM] all about?

The Imperial Society of Scepter and Crown is a community of individuals with common goals. It was founded by a group of pilots that are veterans as well as those new to the trade. We are bound togehter by our passion for casual PvE and roleplaying that is determined by loyalty to God and Greater Amarr.

Our aim is to keep building a growing community of individuals with common goals (outlined in the Mission Statement and Aims & Objectives). Pilots work together for the good of Greater Amarr and the Corporation - not because they are ordered to do so but out of a sense of camaraderie, friendship and loyalty. It is no place for those with unbridled aggression, a thirst for kills and blood. We want to enjoy the calmer aspects of the game and simply have a good time, relax and have fun RPing - together.

What can [SFRIM] offer?

• Amarr loyal RP without constant wardec lingering.
  • A community to engage in mission running, mining, industry with others, getting advice and a helping hand.
  • A forum to coordinate OOG and share IG experiences.

What does [SFRIM] look for?

• Pilots loyal to God (as per Amarrian religion) and Greater Amarr
  • Pilots that are not fundamentalist religious nutcase-fanatics
  • Pilots that are not racists

What's this about Roleplaying?

[SFRIM] is a casual PvE-RP corporation. We put our focus on working for God and Greater Amarr. It is okay if you are a casual Roleplayer, but you should familiarize yourself with what [SFRIM] is about none the less. Everyone is welcome as long as he is a good fit according to the guidelines above.

Mission Statement

[SFRIM]'s main focus will be fighting internal threats to Greater Amarr and strengthening it from within as well as fostering good relations to it's allies. The definition of Greater Amarr includes  the Empire, Mandate and Kingdom united under God and His mouthpiece the  legitimate Empress, our Scriptures, our traditions and way of life. It does extend through this to what is commonly called "Greater Amarr". Internal threats include heretics, common pirates (also dubbed 'rats) and illegal activities of foreign powers within the Empire's borders. [SFRIM] will in this regard mainly operate as servitor of the Empire in the form of it's and it's various institution's agents. Strengthening the Empire from within can take a variety of shapes, like supporting trade, industry as well as research within the Empire (and allied nations).

Aims and Objectives

• We will uphold our Scriptures and traditions and aim to spread the word through example and teaching.
  • The word of our God is law and we will uphold the word of God as revealed by the Empress as His mouthpiece in the mortal world.
  • We will act with honor and dignity at all times, in victory and in defeat.

Policy On Slaves

Emperor Heideran VII stated that slaves must be treated fairly, a sentiment our current Empress shares. The justification of slavery lies with teaching the slaves the ways of God and bringing them fully into the fold. We must therefore treat slaves fairly and aim to educate them so that they can be brought fully into the fold. If we do not, we go against the word of God.

[SFRIM] members are free to keep and trade slaves, within the bounds of their status by Amarrian law. Slaves are to be treated fairly and not be murdered in cold blood or otherwise mistreated. There is no rational reason for such behavior, punishments according to the crimes of a slave are of course permitted.
« Last Edit: 23 Nov 2015, 19:32 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah

I wish you, and the Sceptri Coronaeque, the best of luck! Sounds interesting! :D

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Thanks Sepherim!
A little anouncement will be made on "The Summit" today and I will be open for a Q/A.
Afterwards I would like to celebrate a little, informally. People that stay friendly and dignified will be welcome to join.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette

Yay! Non-militia Imperials! Good luck!

Ashley

• Wetgraver

Congrats and best of luck! Cya in space I guess. :)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Looks good, for the same reasons already outlined. Going to be deliberately anal here, though. Isn't the use of the word 'Coronaeque' a bit Gallente sounding, considering the Romance flavorings to the Gallente naming system? Secondly, is that Greek or just Cyrillic in that nice logo you got there? I would figure Greek to be out of place for obvious reasons.

That's just me, but I've always been puzzled by the use of Latin/Greek for Amarr, when the nomenclature is decidedly non-European flavour (there's a Tash-Murkon agent called 'Assad' in fact and the 'Akh' syllable is pretty common).

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette

Those (greek?) letters used to be visible on an Amarrian hull. I think it was the bestower.

I too am personally weary of Latin in Amarr names, but plenty of Amarrian corps do it. Besides, if the purpose is to include Amarrian faithful from other cultures, maybe a touch of the exotic is an appealing draw? :)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

I don't have a problem with Latin being used, personally. I had suggested at one point that Nico consider using Amarrad for the name but I think he decided it was too obscure, and I don't disagree. The same would be true of most Persian and/or Middle-Eastern languages, I think - at least Latin is something people recognize for what it is, and already has the public association of being 'Amarrian' in the context of EVE.

If you want to blame anyone for that, blame CCP, and Aurora in particular. It was used in some live events way back when Graelyn still had hair.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

This now comes with the Esna seal of approval!  :D
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Gor Na

• Clonejack

Two Alts of mine will be in it. Question for that: does a character enter the 24h-stasis when it is the last one in that corp (and thus closes it)?

As for the latin stuff: I too thought of it not being suitable inbetween, but recently came to peace with it with the following explanation: the inhabitants of New Eden do descend from Earth and latin is the catholic churches 'native' language. Although the ties to Earth have long been abandoned, latin could have survived the aeons in religious circles and due to it's origins presumably unknown have gained a somewhat mystic touch. Some might even argue it's of angelic origin, since conclusions like that are not uncommon for ...let's say unquestioning religious subjects.

I hope this corp and the related citizenry project will prove to be a complete success. I for one am really enthusiastic in building up this community.
Academic balance of terror:"I will quote you sir!" "I will quote you too!"

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Latin has been established as being used by Amarr for quite some time. It's used by other player corporations (like Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris Inc.) it has been used by AURORA actors, it has been used (in mangled forms) in the PF chronicles ("A manu dei e tet rimon" - "I am the devoted hand of the divine god") and elsewhere.
The greek letters were found on the old Bestower hull, ineed, together with celtic crosses. Greek letters aren't out of place simply because the Gallentean hulls use names from ancient greek mythology. The Byzantine Orthodox church of today uses greek a lot and if you look at a greek orthodox icon it is certainly nothing like what would be in place for the Gallente.

The idea is not to implicate that Amarr speak Latin (which is imho as absurd as implicating that the Gallente speak French or a Romanic language at all), but to invoke the idea of an ancient language that is used in a religious context, which has some mystery to it, but yet is recognizable by the average EVE player. (Whom I assume to be a 'westerner', who wouldn't recognize much about the alternatives and probably would be probaby unable to even differentiate beteen the alternatives of Hebrew and Arabic and has never heard of Avestan.)

So, next to it being established by PF (just not the names of pepople and places in game) it's based on evoking the idea of an Empire that's not unlike the Roman and later Byzantine Empire.
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2013, 10:09 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Gor Na

• Clonejack

Amen!

It seems we are of the same mind. :D
Academic balance of terror:"I will quote you sir!" "I will quote you too!"

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran

Just reporting back, we have already a handful of recruits and more people are joining/showing interest.

Thanks!

Also, what I forgot to say above: Lots of thanks as well for the supportive posts and the support in action that I got from people that won't join!

Cheerfully!
Nico

Lunarisse Aspenstar

*BUMP* We're doing another recruiting drive.  Anyone interested should contact either myself or Nicoletta Mithra (ideally both of us so one of us can be sure to talk to you).

We've had some fun RP and the corp. has been growing.

Vincent Pryce

More people need to join and come say nay to my presence in the Amarr Empire. It's not a proper day of logging in if at least one of the ladies of SFRIM come frown upon my presence in local.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5