Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The system Old Man Star is named for the lone crew member who survived a sub-light trip there to set up a stargate?

Author Topic: [Character] Galm Fae  (Read 6570 times)

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
[Character] Galm Fae
« on: 14 Aug 2013, 00:43 »

Preliminary CONCORD Report
[spoiler=Records Open to All Low Level Officers and CONCORD Techs]
CONCORD Mercenary Dossier

Name: Galm Fae
Known aliases: "Pixy", "Pixie", "Warrior Nine"
Known affiliations: Former Mordu's Legion citizen, ex-member of Templis Dragonaurs, Seituoda Taskforce Command operative, Guardian Solutions military consultant
Occupation: Mercenary (trained in field triage, engineering, and piloting)
Height (Baseliner): 5' 8"
Weight (Baseliner): 165lb
Hairstyle: Bronze, medium length, dark stubble
Place of Birth: Mordu's Legion HQ Station,  5ZXX-K V - Moon 17
Race: Intaki-Civire
Languages: Napanii and extremely limited Intaki

Faith: An eccentric belief he has dubbed "The Caldari Trinity" that borrows different aspects from Achuran spirituality, Intaki Ida, and the Caldari Way.

Overview:
Galm's father was a long-time member of Mordu's Legion, having served under Mordu during the Waschi Uprising as a Caldari paramilitary. It was during this conflict that he met Galm's mother, an Intaki refugee. The two married in time, but were constantly kept apart because of contracts and difficult family issues. It wasn't until he accepted a desk job at Legion HQ that he was finally able to start his family, only to be tragically cut short.

Both of Galm's parents were killed when a bomb destroyed a tramcar filled with civilians. It is believed the terrorist responsible was a rogue Dragonaur determined to assassinate a former Gallente war criminal regardless of the collateral damage. Wrecked by guilt due to their inability to control their agents, the Dragonaur sleepers on the station executed the rogue terrorist to prevent compromising their operations and sheltered the young boy until they felt him old enough to reveal their true identity to him and formally welcome him into the Dragonaurs. Galm proved to be a valuable agent, feeding information of the Legion's involvement in the cluster to State Provosts right under Muryia Mordu's nose. Operations came to a halt however after a failed attempt to intercept a nuclear bomb leaving Mordu's Headquarters. Accounts very as to how exactly Dragonaur involvement came to an end in Pure Blind. Top analysts doubt if operations ever ended at all and insist Galm still holds close ties with former Provists across the cluster despite various contradictory reports. 

Forced into hiding, the remaining Dragonaurs guided Fae into the Caldari State were he joined up with the STC as a candidate for the State's immortal soldier program. Galm continued as a member of the STC until a botched mission in the Kor-Azor Region, causing him to desert the Taskforce and drift around the universe for an extend period of time.

Eventually, he wound up competing in Gladiator matches in a Gurista spaceport, were the remaining mercenaries of BetaMax signed him onto the newly formed Guardian Solutions.

Note:
Psychological reports suggest a history of dementia due to faulty implants and boosters. Long term damage might have an effect on overall mental health, but no investigations on the matter have been organized.

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2014, 17:24 by Galm Fae »

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
Re: [Character] Galm Fae
« Reply #1 on: 18 Aug 2013, 21:30 »

https://forums.dust514.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=102515&p=2

That feel when unintended character development made Galm an ex-Hitler Youth.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 19 Aug 2013, 23:01 »

ugh every duster has a backstory & yet im still working on mine  while im left in the dust T_T *bada dissh*

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #3 on: 20 Aug 2013, 00:28 »

Haha, I am sure it is fine though. That means you can really develop a character instead of being stuck with a preconceived backstory. I know Galm's personality started as roughly the same as Solo Wing Pixy from Ace Combat Zero and as really grown in the last few weeks I have been RPing.

The more you post, the more you learn about your own character is what I am trying to say.

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #4 on: 20 Aug 2013, 05:22 »

I think you mean this and this? As a small hint you can click on the post number that's on the top left corner of the post and you get a direct link to the post when you copy it from the URL bar.

ugh every duster has a backstory & yet im still working on mine  while im left in the dust T_T *bada dissh*
That's fine, I didn't have a character background for the longest of times, and the majority of it was formed during my RPs within The Summit channel. Frankly, you don't necessarily even need a backstory, just a short profile to describe your character to others.

Or you could still make that IC blog which I suggested. :P

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces
Grahisha of the ILF, writer of Thoughts of a Clone Soldier

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 20 Aug 2013, 23:19 »

I think you mean this and this? As a small hint you can click on the post number that's on the top left corner of the post and you get a direct link to the post when you copy it from the URL bar.

That's fine, I didn't have a character background for the longest of times, and the majority of it was formed during my RPs within The Summit channel. Frankly, you don't necessarily even need a backstory, just a short profile to describe your character to others.

Or you could still make that IC blog which I suggested. :P
can you link the site as well as Denak's?

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2013, 10:42 »

I don't understand, what site are you talking about?

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces

Avio Yaken

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2013, 14:28 »

I don't understand, what site are you talking about?
didn't you say before you made a Blog for denak?

Denak Kalamari

• Naked Squid
  • Wetgraver
  • Failing at humor
« Reply #8 on: 21 Aug 2013, 22:19 »

I've already linked the blog on my own character sheet Foley, it's on the bottom. I've also linked it to the DUST 514 fiction section and it can be accessed from my corporation's website, on the blog section.

But, here it is again.

\   /
One Soldier // Two Faces

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #9 on: 23 Aug 2013, 22:24 »

You know you guys can totally tell me at any time to step off the soapbox, right? Not that I mean Galm's rants to be preachy. It is really more along the lines of philosophical debates. No one is right or wrong, it is just a mutual exchange of ideals to attempt to better understand each other and our own thoughts and actions.

Probably doesn't help I was a debate team captain. But seriously, if I ever get too much PLEASE let me know. I don't want to be "that" guy.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #10 on: 26 Aug 2013, 16:01 »

Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War, that was a good game.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #11 on: 01 Sep 2013, 01:10 »

To date it is still probably in the top three games I have ever played.

Anyway, I am juggling between two possible characters for when I finally have the system to make the jump to EVE. I am shuffling between a softspoken Khanid and another Caldari, but he would let me bring out the more serious side of me. In a way, the three characters would show three different sides of myself taken to an extreme.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: 01 Sep 2013, 18:00 »

To date it is still probably in the top three games I have ever played.

Anyway, I am juggling between two possible characters for when I finally have the system to make the jump to EVE. I am shuffling between a softspoken Khanid and another Caldari, but he would let me bring out the more serious side of me. In a way, the three characters would show three different sides of myself taken to an extreme.
For Eve, especially, I advise going with a character you could enjoy exploring and have fun with over an extended period of time-- and ideally one whose outlook you wouldn't find too limiting. There's a lot of New Eden out there, enough that most capsuleers will find it in their hearts to forgive you if (for example) you dip your toes in piracy at some point-- because nearly everybody tries it.

In other words, more than for DUST, it's important to be a little flexible, or you narrow your options for enjoying the game.

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #13 on: 02 Sep 2013, 02:09 »

For Eve, especially, I advise going with a character you could enjoy exploring and have fun with over an extended period of time-- and ideally one whose outlook you wouldn't find too limiting. There's a lot of New Eden out there, enough that most capsuleers will find it in their hearts to forgive you if (for example) you dip your toes in piracy at some point-- because nearly everybody tries it.

In other words, more than for DUST, it's important to be a little flexible, or you narrow your options for enjoying the game.
I think I will end up taking your advice on that one. I still have a bit of time before I can get an EVE account, but after mulling it over it would make a lot more sense to have a character I could really stand behind and fill while still being flexible rather than having to constantly justify my actions to myself. Plus, my inner Caldari fanboy prevents me from wanting to take the time to "learn to act Khanid." I will probably laugh at how backwards I find the culture and throw any PF out the nearest window.

Galm Fae

• Wulver / Fury / Pixy
  • Clonejack
  • Yo buddy, still alive?
« Reply #14 on: 25 Jan 2014, 17:27 »

Updated Galm's Profile picture. Keep in mind, his clones are aged forward a bit, so even though he looks like he's in his thirties he's quite a bit younger internally.