Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Sunset for Seri  (Read 6028 times)

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
Re: Sunset for Seri
« Reply #60 on: 13 Aug 2013, 15:49 »

Get a cause. Fight for it.

That'll shut up everyone, trust me. It'd certainly shut up Pieter who mostly sees Seriphyn as a gilded waste of oxygen.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #61 on: 13 Aug 2013, 16:41 »

There will always be popular opposition against those who eschew the popular norms. Seriphyn as a "Byronic Hero" tended to do exactly that. He didn't care what anyone thought of him and lived life his own way, flipping the bird to anyone who disagreed. If you want to avoid smacktalk RP, you may want to consider aligning Seriphyn more along common mannerisms.

Even peppering his speech with pleasantries would make a significant different. More formalized speech with proper grammar and such would change it. You don't have to change who he is, but merely how he acts. This is an entirely plausible result from a "life changing near-death experience"... at least according to the movies.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #62 on: 14 Aug 2013, 03:46 »

I envy people who play half a character and get by easy.

Think maybe that's the kind of attitude that invites heckling?

If that is so, then it's a gross case of OOC/IC bleedover.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #63 on: 14 Aug 2013, 06:22 »

I envy people who play half a character and get by easy.

Think maybe that's the kind of attitude that invites heckling?

If that is so, then it's a gross case of OOC/IC bleedover.

I think it's more a case where Seri ought to clarify what amounts to a near-YDIW accusation.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #64 on: 14 Aug 2013, 06:35 »

That's another issue.

But it does not invalidate my point.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 14 Aug 2013, 09:25 »

More amusing is the fact that I'm often accused of not liking Seri himself (who I don't think I've exchanged more than a few posts with and don't know in the slightest) just because my character finds his character an insufferable blowhard.

I would be interested in knowing if Pieter is one of these 'half-characters' he mentioned, though.

Anslol

« Reply #66 on: 14 Aug 2013, 09:35 »

I would be interested in knowing if Pieter is one of these 'half-characters' he mentioned, though.

What's a half character anyway?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #67 on: 14 Aug 2013, 09:39 »

I think he was referring to characters whose primary defining attributes have either been abandoned or eliminated through RP. Like a missing faction loyalty, or a drastically different personality, or the loss of memories/lifestyle.

Anslol

« Reply #68 on: 14 Aug 2013, 09:41 »

I think he was referring to characters whose primary defining attributes have either been abandoned or eliminated through RP. Like a missing faction loyalty, or a drastically different personality, or the loss of memories/lifestyle.
Why is that half? That's just the player going a different route with their game play and RP without doing handwavium so that things are consistent AND they get to have fun. Why should someone's OOC choice brand them as a half character? So Anslo is half cause I made him more nutty to go down a different path for a more engaging story? That's stupid.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #69 on: 14 Aug 2013, 09:47 »

Why is that half? That's just the player going a different route with their game play and RP without doing handwavium so that things are consistent AND they get to have fun. Why should someone's OOC choice brand them as a half character? So Anslo is half cause I made him more nutty to go down a different path for a more engaging story? That's stupid.

Take a chill pill. He's not using the term to insult anybody.

He's probably calling his own character 'half a character', and talking about how he has troubles playing Seriphyn now. He follows it up by saying he envies others who can play 'half a character' and get by easy.

He hasn't even done anything for a month, especially if we're talking about actions and consequences. Am I stuck with this sort of character? I don't really want to start a new character, but I envy people who play half a character and get by easy.

In other words, his post isn't talking about you or your character (or Pieter's). He's talking about his own, while enviously referencing the ability of others to settle the same difficulties he is encountering in his own roleplay. If anything, it's a nod of respect for people who are still having fun with their roleplay even after significant changes to their character outside what they envisioned.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2013, 09:50 by Katrina Oniseki »

Anslol

« Reply #70 on: 14 Aug 2013, 09:52 »

OOOOH OK I get it. I apologize in that case to Seri and Kat and...whoever else I happened to offend for Gods' know what reason.

To be honest Seri, you don't have to play a half character. You have a lot to work with in terms of background so honestly, you could do SOMETHING. It isn't half for a character to act differently or shift their raison d'ĂȘtre.

Just thinking off the top of my head, what's stopping Seri from re-entering the Navy given the recent threats/attacks that have occurred in the Fed? I mean maybe you got a reason, I don't know it...but it's just one idea?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]