Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Author Topic: Ask a Duster!  (Read 2330 times)

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
Ask a Duster!
« on: 05 Aug 2013, 12:38 »

so idea from the last 2 threads

curious about the game? Ask a Duster! ask me - or any other Duster that inhabits backstage

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: Ask a Duster!
« Reply #1 on: 05 Aug 2013, 13:55 »

I finish a battle and in the salvage it says I have a new gun.  I can't use it.  wtf can I do with it other than wait til I get ISK and SP to train the skills for it?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 05 Aug 2013, 14:22 »

I finish a battle and in the salvage it says I have a new gun.  I can't use it.  wtf can I do with it other than wait til I get ISK and SP to train the skills for it?

essentially yes - basically all it is OR once the player market opens you could sell it & make a profit

also - theres things called "officer weapons" which are super super super super super super rare guns like
Balac's GAR 21 assault rifle
or Thale's sniper rifle
etc etc etc
theses guns are prototypes that have some pretty OP stats and can only be obtained via their low slavage drop rate

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #3 on: 09 Aug 2013, 00:27 »

Are corporations separate between DUST 514 and Eve, or can a merc join an existing Eve corp?  If separate, can a DUST corp have the same name as an Eve corp?  For instance, could I train corp mgmt on my merc and open a Du'uma Fiisi Integrated Astrometrics in DUST despite it existing in Eve?

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 09 Aug 2013, 06:15 »

Are corporations separate between DUST 514 and Eve, or can a merc join an existing Eve corp?  If separate, can a DUST corp have the same name as an Eve corp?  For instance, could I train corp mgmt on my merc and open a Du'uma Fiisi Integrated Astrometrics in DUST despite it existing in Eve?

Corporations are seamlessly integrated in terms of membership. If a Dust merc joins a corporation he is joining an EVE corporation, essentially, even if there are no EVE players in it. The new NPC corps for Dust players are an exception.

All of us share the same server, and corps, alliances and player names for both games are in the same namespace in the database. If an EVE player takes the name "Samuel Poopyhead-Fartface" for their character, that name becomes unavailable as-is for use as a corporation name, alliance name or Dust character name. You might find it with different punctuation or spelling, but not as it is, until the character in question is biomassed and the name freed up.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.