Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Sebiestor has embraced the pet-name Sinister Ones, given to them by the Amarr? Read more here

Author Topic: [Character] Keirym Thara  (Read 1285 times)

Keirym Thara

• Clonejack
[Character] Keirym Thara
« on: 13 Aug 2013, 08:52 »

Personal Vitae:
Callsign:       (None on Record)
Height:         167cm
Weight:         46kg @ 1SG
Hair:           (Natural) blonde
Eyes:           Blue
Heritage:       Amarr, Khanid 
Home System:    New Light, Alkabsi VI
Education:      Imperial Academy (YC 114)
                Honors Certificate - Colonial Management
                Notable Certificate - Gunnery, Light-class
                Notable Certificate - Frigate Command
Family:         Father - Pendrin Thara, Minor Servitor to House Sarum, Sarum Prime, Sarum Family Assm Plant
                Mother - Anaris Thara, Advisor to the Office of the Chamberlain, Department of Shipments
                Sibling - Norta (3 yrs older), Associate Researcher, Inherent Implants, Bioculture Division
                Sibling - Thane (6 yrs younger), Student at Imperial Academy

My name is Keirym Thara, daughter of Anaris Thara, advisor to the office of the Chamberlain and Pendrin Thara, servitor of House Sarum.  I am a recent Honors graduate from the venerable Imperial Academy, and a humble Paladin aspirant.

My family has served the Sarum household for nearly four generations. In fact, my great-uncle has directly served the Heir's economic council for two decades, and is a humble Holder for his service.

Since my graduation from the Academy, I have been working directly for the House of Sarum, having been found worthy of their trust.  I operate as a discrete House dispatch as well as an implement of their reach.  I pride myself on the rapid and thorough execution of my holy-appointed duties, and it has earned me high praise from the agents to whom I report.

But, I am often asked by those seeking to know me:   Who are you?

I am a slightly rebellious middle child who has always looked to the stars.  Not the bright and pretty ones, but the murky, hard-to-see ones.  What does the black velvet of the skies hold?  What treasures await those bold enough to seek them out, there amongst the river of New Eden life?  I have always watched holovids of exploration, of treasure hunting, of discovery; and they have left me dreaming and yearning.  I was the girl on the level who was always being called off of the balcony by her mother at curfew, having gotten lost in my spaceship toys and fantasies of being an Imperially-sanctioned explorer.  I was never caught without at least one of my Omen models clutched in hand, or stolen away in a pocket of my satchel.  I retreated to my fantasies of wormholes when I was bored, or unattended.  It earned me a reputation for being listless and immoral, having my name called sternly in studies or worse, in services, snapping my mind back to the here and now.

But do not take the impression that I am a godless child.  My devotions are private, devout and mine alone.  I attend services rarely, but not due to heathenous attitude or lack of conviction.  I simply study my scriptures and attend my spiritual duties in private.  One rarely has excessive amounts of free time during Academy, and my free time was spent studying zero-G thermal dynamics thanks to a low entry exam score, as well as unwinding via star-gazing from the hangar deck gantries.

My life is before me now, and given my Certificate of Graduation, I am free to chart a course amongst the black to my whim and worry.  I want to see the sights, I want to skirt guarded stargates, and I want to take a holy fight to those infidels that most grievously deserve it.  I am no wing champion, but I scored well enough in gunnery and acquisition courses to know that I am a fair threat with a well-tuned frigate.  This is a fact that will harden as my skills improve. 

What will my future bring?  It remains to be seen, but I suspect that glory, exploration, perhaps some comraderie... and pride to my Empire and family name.
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2013, 13:33 by Keirym Thara »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [Character] Keirym Thara
« Reply #1 on: 13 Aug 2013, 16:36 »

...I rather like this; it's different from the standard 'data sheet', yet quite informative still.

Question: Is this meant to be publicly disseminated - i.e., known IC? Or is it just for us to look at here?
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Keirym Thara

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 14 Aug 2013, 07:56 »

I wasn't sure what format to do, so I did what felt natural.  I wrote it as if she were interviewing for a position in a corporation.  This is all information she would readily relate to someone she has known for a bit, or whom she felt was need-to-know, like an interviewer. 

Now that I have had time to ingest some of the works of others, and have a better understanding of expectations... I will edit or add to my above post. 
« Last Edit: 14 Aug 2013, 08:00 by Keirym Thara »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #3 on: 14 Aug 2013, 10:56 »

For the white theme of the forum, that white color is... well... invisible.  :P

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: 14 Aug 2013, 11:42 »

For the white theme of the forum, that white color is... well... invisible.  :P

True. Selecting it fixes the problem.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 14 Aug 2013, 13:06 »

Ofc but still.

Keirym Thara

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 14 Aug 2013, 13:34 »

Woops!  Fixed it!

Keirym Thara

• Clonejack
« Reply #7 on: 16 Aug 2013, 11:02 »

ooc:  Interesting commentary on the Summit has allowed for some of my continued research and reading are opening up a lot of depth that I will be able to explore.  I can see already that this will be a fun transformation from a propoganda-fed schoolgirl into a wide-eyed and scrutinizing woman of direction.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 16 Aug 2013, 17:12 »

Nice.

Also, no need for OOC brackets or precisions here, the whole forum is OOC.