Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: A Terrible Realisation  (Read 5635 times)

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver
Re: A Terrible Realisation
« Reply #45 on: 07 Aug 2013, 01:11 »

I lurked in silence for quite a while trying to figure out who was who and what was what before actually getting up the nerve to post anything. I wanted to make sure not to cause waves or make myself look foolish. I don't recall what it was that prompted my first posts on the IGS but, I imagine that it was in response to some especially outlandish statement that would have infuriated Ana so much that she simply couldn't contain herself.  ;)

As to when I felt that I was a forum warrior? I dunno. Can't really say that I feel I am one. Enfant terrible and part-time provocateur maybe but, not really a warrior.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
Re: A Terrible Realisation
« Reply #46 on: 07 Aug 2013, 11:10 »

I would like to think that most of my posts have been along the lines of trying to be a voice of reason...except for some of the posts I've made addressing DK directly; the last ones, I kind of let go of thinking it through and just went with gut feeling. As fun as it was at the moment, grew tired of it quickly, in part due to the repetitive dismissal and knowledge that nothing was going to come of it.

At the end of the day, I find that most of the things I post are more out of a way to either a). display the character's loyalties/politics/beliefs/ideologies b). engage in a form of play-by-post RP or c). attempt to provoke a response from characters to see where they stand on the subject.

I also get a kick out of reading some of the posts, but those rarely influence whether I will post or not on IGS.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]