General Discussion > General Non-RP DUST 514 Discussion

So.. the market. (how) Does it work?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Avio Yaken:

--- Quote from: Mithfindel on 06 Aug 2013, 06:49 ---Those are, to the best of my understanding, only in the public matches. In FW or PC (factional warfare and planetary conquest) the bombardment is done by EVE characters, has more options, and is a bit more powerful.

--- End quote ---
i never been in PC so i wouldn't know exactly :/

Aria Jenneth:

--- Quote from: Esna Pitoojee on 03 Aug 2013, 19:54 ---Wait... you can get NPC orbital bombardments?

Meh. I was kind of hoping CCP would restrict those to being player-delivered, in order to gently nudge people towards conquest/FW matches with the reward of being able to play with "the big toys".
--- End quote ---

NPC "orbitals" apparently come from the team Mobile Command Center, or "MCC." It's essentially an atmosphere-capable ship that provides resupply and fire support. Most of the time, it just has its missile battery trained on the other team's counterpart, but it's also apparently capable of raining down effective anti-infantry fire from time to time.

Thing is, it seems to be equipped with civilian gatling rails, so its fire lacks the punch of an Eve-based OB.

CCP's working on tweaking the rules for Eve pilots to get OB, by the way.

Kyoko Sakoda:
Thought that was the War Barge. But I don't play DUST yet.

Aria Jenneth:
Possible. There are also maps where there is no MCC, yet OB is available. Also, the "OB" doesn't seem to come directly from the MCC.

Sooo ... yes, the war barge would make sense. If so, the war barge isn't even a combat frigate, firepower-wise. It's more like one of those bottom-tier NPC rat frigates.

Kyoko Sakoda:
Well, it does have "barge" in the name. It's essentially a freighter. I don't imagine it is meant to have any real firepower.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version