Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Greco-Roman influences - Gallente or Amarr?  (Read 2946 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Greco-Roman influences - Gallente or Amarr?
« Reply #15 on: 24 May 2010, 04:30 »

I would like to think that Gallente ship names are actually based off their old gods, if they had any...Garoun had a concept of it...

Armor of Rouvenor states the "mythical hero-king" and a "temporal paradise". IC, Seriphyn says "Gods" instead of "God"...so who knows...

Vieve

« Reply #16 on: 24 May 2010, 09:55 »

Uhm, yeah.  I believe the Gallente did have at least one god -- "Lady Fortune", which is mentioned in some Federation agent texts. 

And, hey, we've got nothing out there that says what deities the Mannar worship.  Who knows?  Maybe they're techno-animists.  They could worship ships!

p.s. Would you believe I typed "deities" as "Deteis" about ten times before I got my brain around the correct spelling?

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #17 on: 25 May 2010, 22:09 »

p.s. Would you believe I typed "deities" as "Deteis" about ten times before I got my brain around the correct spelling?

I'll just stay away from that one.   :D

I would love to see some PF about anyone with a polytheistic religion. Sort of a different discussion though, I guess.

If you look at the Loki, where they explain the way the word is used now, you can see where there might be big changes over time, and CCP recognizes that to some degree.
Pages: 1 [2]