Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Julianus Soter first stated his intention to liberate Federation space on December 4th, Year 111? See the announcement here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Moderation by Meme  (Read 9245 times)

Vincent Pryce

Re: Moderation by Meme
« Reply #45 on: 17 Jul 2013, 23:32 »

Ya'll a bunch of sensitive special snowflakes. All doing it wrong in their own special way, frankly you all need to harden the fuck up a little.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #46 on: 18 Jul 2013, 03:08 »

I have been wanting to say something for a few days on this thread, as I have moderated/adminned in other places longer than I want to admit.

With that said. I am notgoing to say anything, as the moderators reading and posting again and again here know what I am thinking already.

in addition.. go Rick James!

« Last Edit: 18 Jul 2013, 03:10 by Arista Shahni »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #47 on: 18 Jul 2013, 06:12 »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #48 on: 18 Jul 2013, 06:48 »

The entire post.
o\

I dunno, I thought it was a pretty accurate summation of the moderator stance on the use of things like that. :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #49 on: 18 Jul 2013, 12:47 »

?

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #50 on: 18 Jul 2013, 14:18 »

If permaban is the consequence of the second HTFU, I don't think the consequence of the first HTFU should be a mere warning, but something more memorable. Old habits can die hard, after all, and a consequence that leaves an impression can help in preventing repeats.
I may not have been clear with this on that post, but I'd love to get some mod feedback on this. 8)
-OOChé

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #51 on: 18 Jul 2013, 18:44 »

Oh, yes.  After speaking to Morlag ingame a few days ago, I'm more inclined to drop a 3-day on the first offense.  I think that should be memorable enough so that when the next time a poster thinks they want to tell someone to HTFU, they'll think twice about it.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]