Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

PIE Inc. (also known more formally as Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris) is the oldest pod-pilot corporation loyal to the Amarr Empire? Read more here

Author Topic: Re: AXLVP Heist discussion thread  (Read 537 times)

Mr. Smuggles

• Clonejack
Re: AXLVP Heist discussion thread
« on: 04 Jul 2013, 12:53 »

As co-CEO, I would personally say "No" simply due to the lack of an actual private ship maintenance array. CCP really needs to get on that. Once POSes becomes as thief-proof as kspace stations I'll be happy and not nearly as paranoid of people running off with the odd faction battleship here and there. Of course, Saede is CEO and has full rights to disagree with me.

That's a fair cop.  If the way your corp lives makes it hard to limit basic member access, the only other way to defend against corp heists is higher recruitment scrutiny.

I'm not sure it's always because a party was careless. At times security really is just limited by poor mechanics or game design. Trust is a big part of it though, I agree.

As I said above, where game design makes security hard, the corp leaders need to be harder.  This is especially true in smaller corps where you don't have leadership around 23/7 to spot a theft in progress and revoke roles.

Thank you for explaining me Eve. Really.

I am kind of amazed that you are able to define for me what is entertainment and what is or should be fun for me !

Anyone who thinks heists in EVE are a bad thing need EVE re-explained to them.

I'm not saying you have to find that aspect of the game fun, but if you don't enjoy it in a setting where it is not only possible, but encouraged in the trailers for the game itself I honestly recommend you play a game that is less likely to upset you.  Otherwise, in the immortal words of Permaband, HTFU.

Streya

• Egger
Re: Re: AXLVP Heist discussion thread
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jul 2013, 13:09 »

As co-CEO, I would personally say "No" simply due to the lack of an actual private ship maintenance array. CCP really needs to get on that. Once POSes becomes as thief-proof as kspace stations I'll be happy and not nearly as paranoid of people running off with the odd faction battleship here and there. Of course, Saede is CEO and has full rights to disagree with me.

That's a fair cop.  If the way your corp lives makes it hard to limit basic member access, the only other way to defend against corp heists is higher recruitment scrutiny.

I'm not sure it's always because a party was careless. At times security really is just limited by poor mechanics or game design. Trust is a big part of it though, I agree.

As I said above, where game design makes security hard, the corp leaders need to be harder.  This is especially true in smaller corps where you don't have leadership around 23/7 to spot a theft in progress and revoke roles.

Oh I totally agree with you, and we had to learn everything you just said after we get robbed. We're definitely more security-minded now. We're just also trying to foster an image and internal culture of casualness and friendly cooperation, so it'll take some time to balance those two needs/desires.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
Re: AXLVP Heist discussion thread
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jul 2013, 13:56 »

[admin]We really don't like use of the acronym HTFU on this forum.  Backstage is NOT the place where people need to HTFU in order to post and participate in discussions.  In the immortal words of Marilyn Manson (paraphrased): Next motherfucker's gonna catch MY Permaban.[/admin]

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.