Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [News] Heth Turns Terrorist Arc  (Read 8443 times)

Creep

• Omelette
Re: [News] Heth Turns Terrorist Arc
« Reply #30 on: 18 Jun 2013, 16:55 »

So Heth made it out in that Navy Raven to Tribute (and perhaps from there to Venal)? I'm frankly shocked he made it through the M-OEE8 gatecamp in a faction battleship.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 18 Jun 2013, 17:00 »

Figured it'd take more than being cornered to bring him down.

Naturally, now the task of hunting him down falls to a rag-tag assembly of capsuleers...

Heth's got a destination, and I suspect I know what(who) that is.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2013, 17:02 by hellgremlin »

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #32 on: 18 Jun 2013, 20:45 »

So, the event happened? Can someone give us a summary of what went down?

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #33 on: 18 Jun 2013, 21:05 »

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 18 Jun 2013, 21:17 »

Provist and CN toons started logging on, and people instantly flocked to the system. By the time I got there, it seemed pro-CEP forces were forcing their way into the portions of the station Heth had taken control of; they apparently managed to effectively immobilize much of the Dragonaurs' seized fleet while still docked (accounting for the relatively small number of Dragonaur ships that ultimately appeared, compared to the sixty-some they'd been said to have originally taken hold of).

Shortly after I got there, a number of Caldari Navy capitals showed up and docked at the station, apparently to offload further forces to aid in the attack. Quite soon thereafter the Dragonaurs undocked eight capitals, who promptly turned Suspect and started getting tackled down and blasted. The Caldari Navy undocked again soon after, and the suspect caps started dropping quite quickly after that. Unfortunately, the Caldari Navy never went suspect, denying the chance to make this a remotely 'pitched' battle.

The real meat of the event came at the end, when a Raven or Navy Raven - I didn't see it, and heard it both ways - carrying the Dragonaurs' operations leader (and, it is assumed, Heth) undocked and warped off - it never went Suspect.

It got traced to Otsasai by locator agent. I could be wrong, but I suspect it was /move devhax'ed there after the jump out of Haatomo - it got there just a bit fast and unmolested for a navy battleship.

I am also unsure if the Raven went anywhere after that. Last I heard locators were still pointing to Otsasai, but if someone else can post evidence he got into Tribute that'd be awesome.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 18 Jun 2013, 22:01 »

Was there any mails to anyone signed up as Caldari-loyalists?

the Caldari Navy never went suspect, denying the chance to make this a remotely 'pitched' battle.
Were there any capsuleers to support the Dragonaurs/Heth?

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #36 on: 18 Jun 2013, 22:22 »

The real meat of the event came at the end, when a Raven or Navy Raven - I didn't see it, and heard it both ways - carrying the Dragonaurs' operations leader (and, it is assumed, Heth) undocked and warped off - it never went Suspect.

Dammit CCP, I thought you were getting better about this.   :bash:

Edit: I read on the forums that Diana Kim was there.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2013, 22:32 by Galen Darksmith »

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #37 on: 19 Jun 2013, 02:47 »

Was there any mails to anyone signed up as Caldari-loyalists?

No, I did however receive a mail back from both CEP and CN saying that they will let use know :P when I gave them our arm. I guess the "sign up" list became too big for CCP Falcon and CCP Eterne :(

Were there any capsuleers to support the Dragonaurs/Heth?

Yes, and at least one TomHorn (loyal to Heth/Provists as far what he has screamed in local before) died to IVY League for jumping in as suspect into a high sec area. But as far as I know not during the fight. I was busy shooting the "bad guys. And not complete interested in others. Dragonaurs engaged first and was suspect, I saw no other that became suspect from either side. Heth loyalists that did however I don't think they would have last long  :twisted:

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #38 on: 19 Jun 2013, 02:49 »

Game mechanics and "drama" mechanics  :roll:

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #39 on: 19 Jun 2013, 03:41 »

I wasn't there, but I understand that the Provist supporters could not actually do much, due to Navy & corporate security NPCs not being suspect-flagged. In addition to individuals there was at least one small alliance that had declared for Heth.

(For comparison, CAIN alone is larger than the said alliance, so not as much support as it might sound.)
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2013, 03:43 by Mithfindel »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #40 on: 19 Jun 2013, 05:00 »

Edit: I read on the forums that Diana Kim was there.
Given the circumstances, I think letting that ship getting a 'suspect' flagging would be as much scripting the event as not doing it. At least, when not setting the flag, the opposition had the choice of whether or not to suicide gank (perhaps in a display that loyalty to the State means more than petty security rating).

While I am glad to see Heth demoted from State Executor, I still feel he is a person that deserves more than this little one sided skirmish, if he is supposed to kick the bucket. The Guristas option is still open too.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #41 on: 19 Jun 2013, 05:59 »

Given the amount of well-cordinated firepower it takes to bring down a Raven (which may have been a Navy Raven to boot), not flagging it as suspect is pretty much as good as scripting the event.  If it had been flagged, the opportunity for Heth loyalists to defend it would have existed.  Should also be noted that, as far as I can tell, no attention was drawn to Heth being on that ship, meaning no one knew of it's significance.

As for the fight being one-sided, there's a reason for that: almost nobody likes Heth.  Dying in a fire was a better fate than he deserved, but CCP has some ~master plan~ for him.

In the GMing business, this is known as railroading.  And it's the hallmark of a shit GM.

Edit: just to clarify, I was just as annoyed the last live event I recall being completely rigged, even though it was completely rigged in the favor of my side.  You win some you lose some, but never realistically being able to make an impact in the first place through railroading is infuriating.

If Heth has undocked in a buzzard and immediately cloaked, it would have accomplished the same goal without nearly such a bad taste.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2013, 06:03 by Galen Darksmith »

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #42 on: 19 Jun 2013, 06:52 »

If we go by bare game mechanics, technically the same effect could have been accomplished by an undock insta. And if the Navy ships were not suspect-flagged, one might say that the Provist ships simply did not stand a chance on beating them. If the Navy had been suspect, it would have been at least theoretically possible that Heth's supporters and others would have killed them in time. Though on the sole capital killmail that's been sync'd to eve-kill, CAIN was pretty much the driving factor. (Only mention on the battle report on CEP loyal NPCs is that one did apparently shoot a cruiser that I am pretty sure was in the CEP loyalist fleet.)

Galen Darksmith

• Wetgraver
« Reply #43 on: 19 Jun 2013, 07:08 »

If we go by bare game mechanics, technically the same effect could have been accomplished by an undock insta. And if the Navy ships were not suspect-flagged, one might say that the Provist ships simply did not stand a chance on beating them. If the Navy had been suspect, it would have been at least theoretically possible that Heth's supporters and others would have killed them in time. Though on the sole capital killmail that's been sync'd to eve-kill, CAIN was pretty much the driving factor. (Only mention on the battle report on CEP loyal NPCs is that one did apparently shoot a cruiser that I am pretty sure was in the CEP loyalist fleet.)

Pretty much.  Covops with an undock insta would have done the same thing, but without resorting to railroading.  ANd not providing a way for Heth supporters to really, well, support Heth is lame.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #44 on: 19 Jun 2013, 07:38 »

As the Navy ships were never suspect-flagged, you could say the event was already railroaded from that point and on.

If they had been, I am sure a lot of trigger happy capsuleers would have come to Heths "aid". While true that a lot of people dislike Heth, far more just want to shoot stuff. Especially shooting event actors, regardless of plot.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2013, 07:41 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6