Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: E3 Stuff  (Read 752 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
E3 Stuff
« on: 10 Jun 2013, 20:23 »

Slowly catching up on some of the videos from today.

The Division looks interesting to me as an MMO.  Both PS4 & Xbox1

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: E3 Stuff
« Reply #1 on: 10 Jun 2013, 20:34 »

Interesting how both consoles physically look very similar.

Also, Sony deciding to cover the current generation with their presentation was a good choice. I say that having always been biased towards Xbox.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #2 on: 10 Jun 2013, 21:41 »

Slowly catching up on some of the videos from today.

The Division looks interesting to me as an MMO.  Both PS4 & Xbox1

Tom Clancy has his name on

a stealth game
a RTS game
a tactic FPS game
a tactic TPS game
a book series
& now a open world RPG......

TOM CLANCY IS FOREVER

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2013, 01:33 »

That game looks promising

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2013, 07:09 »

Lot of good-looking stuff so far, but as someone who can't afford (and by extension, won't get) one of these new consoles, a lot of E3 is all terribly pointless to me beyond eye candy.  :ugh: At least Mirror's Edge will have a PC version.

tbh the best stuff to have come out of E3 so far has been all the stuff related to the complete beatdown Sony laid on Microsoft last night. There are some real gems out there already.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2013, 08:43 »

Personally I am hoping that the launch of the PS4 will knock down the price of the PS3 to something I could afford, while the PS3 is still worth something (like for DUST).  Unfortunately I wasn't paying attenction to the price of the PS2 when the PS3 came out, so I don't know how realistic that is. 

As for other E3 things, well Halo 5 looks epic from the teaser, I'm fairly sure that I will enjoy watching someone play through it on youtube.  Seriously, with some of these games, I would probably pay 15 bucks or so for a DvD of someone who is good playing through the game, and showing me all the easter eggs and cutscenes.  Becuase yeah, I'm never going to get good enough to do all of that myself.

The Devision, just glanced at it, and really?  Its very pretty, don't get me wrong, but did you see that skills listing?  I'm not scrolling through all of that in the middle of a fight.  Optimize the UI please.  But that's me, and I admit I was watching witht he sound very low so I might have missed something. 

Anyone know of any space or flight sims that are going to be coming out?  Rather forlorn hope that, but I keep it alive. 

Corso.Verne

• sons of liberty
  • Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:32 »

Star Citizen and Elite are both poised to reclaim the space sim genre for the PC, in addition to EVR. But I don't think any of those titles will have an E3 presence this year, too early in their development.

I was plugged into the stream last night, so I could probably rant for a lot longer, but I have work soon so here are some initial thoughts. Obviously Sony dunked on Microsoft at their media briefing. It was certainly a sight to see.

The Division blew my mind, I'm on board along with the rest of you. Even though the Battlefield series has gone real downhill since Battlefield 2 (Bad Company 2 being a notable exception, if only for Battlefield: Vietnam), but some of the mechanical and engine stuff they got up to in that demo was unreal. Never seen destructability quite like that, we'll have to see what was scripted and what wasn't. But still, bodes well for other FPS titles and destructability in general.

The Destiny gameplay video was also pretty astounding. Kind of similar to what the Division's about in a lot of ways, only first person instead of third.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBNdrJMwrkc

I know people have mixed opinions about the Halo franchise, but personally I have a lot of respect for Bungie as a developer and can't wait to see what they're capable of when they're less shackled down by as daunting an IP as the Halo franchise.

There were a ton of other stuff that was really fascinating. The new Assassin's Creed looks actually really interesting. Microsoft also had some decent stuff, MGS5 for the Xbox One, etc. But it looks like this year is Sony's year.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:36 »

EVR is at E3 (confirmed by Soundwave on Twitter last week), but I don't think it will be having a big press release or anything. Just available for media/press/VIPs to come and play.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #8 on: 11 Jun 2013, 11:47 »

Pic related to last night: