Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider recruits are trained in close-quarters combat before tactics and starship combat? (The Burning Life, p. 54)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Logo symbolism  (Read 10653 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Logo symbolism
« Reply #15 on: 03 Mar 2013, 15:55 »

As to the Kador symbol, Samira, I see your point with the three-quarter circle, but I'm honestly not quite sure whether one should take it as indication of near-reunion and I tend against it, honestly. It'd be more a kind of  "recreation" of first man, in my book. <.<

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #16 on: 03 Mar 2013, 22:26 »

I, for one, hope that khuumaks don't actually look like candle holders.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 03 Mar 2013, 22:50 »

I dunno, I think you could make this khuumak into a fairly neat candlestand

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

Anslol

« Reply #18 on: 04 Mar 2013, 07:00 »

FREEDOM IS THE ON-LY WAY YEAH
But yeah no this should be self explanatory.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 04 Mar 2013, 07:36 »

I dunno, I think you could make this khuumak into a fairly neat candlestand

That one looks like a proper Khumaak, yes. :)

Publius Valerius

« Reply #20 on: 04 Mar 2013, 18:11 »

Then, there is the old, original Khanid seal: an ornate eye positioned inside a triangle. I think the triangle indicates the trinity of God - Emperor - Council of Apostles/TC. Maybe it indicates that they were overseers over the Khanid lands for God, Emperor and Council?
Nah ;)... is just my BS: See here  :lol:. As Wyke rightful mention, I took a eye of horus and add it in a "typical" Khanid triangle.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: 04 Mar 2013, 21:05 »

That's not an IC explanation, though...

Publius Valerius

« Reply #22 on: 04 Mar 2013, 21:11 »

That's not an IC explanation, though...

True. I just wanted pointed out so there isnt any misunderstanding.

Publius Valerius

« Reply #23 on: 13 Mar 2013, 11:26 »

I throw in some of my Ideas on the symbolism, to be more precisely: Three symbols which we and have talk.
The Emperor/Empress seal:

My IC interpretation would be: Maybe a victor/victory symbol. As the emperor/empress is the victor of the trails.

The Privy Council seal:

My IC interpretation would be: That the rows are the fifteen seats*. The parquet is for whom which like to speak. The main seat behind plenum is for the empress/emperor (as she doesnt take a place in the rows; just the proxy sits in the rows, when she is unable to attend..

The Royal Heirs seal:

My IC interpretation would be: That it is a symbol of the Five Heirs and the Five Families, which together gives 10 sunrays/sunbeams.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 13 Mar 2013, 11:34 »

Beating slavers to death with a candlestick seems pretty epic tbh.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

scagga

• Everything for Vaari
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #25 on: 13 Mar 2013, 17:44 »

Beating slavers to death with a candlestick seems pretty epic tbh.

Candelabrum?

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #26 on: 10 Nov 2014, 09:58 »

I don't think that the Kador family employs the first sign, which is a circle with a triangle at its base: it is, after all, two semi circles within a semi circle with a triangle. The semi circles refer to the break between god and man. As the semicircles don't intersect, there is no imperfect reunion and even less any full reunion. I'd think the multiple circles would indicate a plural 'men', and thus a less abstract level than the "man (in general)". After the fall It's more like "Men fallen, but upheld/elevated/exalted by God."

I didn't say they employed it exactly, I said they used one clearly inspired by it. It looks halfway between the first sign and the standard semi-circle sign. It's three-quarters, which indicates to me a near-reunion with God. Still not complete, but also not quite as broken as before.

"Men fallen, but upheld/elevated/exalted by God," might be a more accurate meaning, yes.

I believe both are correct in assuming multiple circles are plural and would like to add the relation to the Blood Raider Covenant symbol.

Three things:

First, The Apocryphon quote:
"My word lies within all,
All it requires is the breath of faith,
To ignite the fire,
So the lost can find their way,
So the fallen can rise,
To take their place as my chosen,
For you are all my creation,
And are all equal in my kingdom."

Second, to take the above quote into context. The Kador symbol with multiple circles, "Men fallen, but upheld/elevated/exalted by God". I believe the Blood Raider Covenant would use the same concept, only with two equal sized semi circles representing man and god being "Man fallen, but upheld/elevated/exalted by God" and "And are all equal in my kingdom" god included.

And third, Holy Statue:

Holy statue made by the Takmahl people, depicting their god.

Indicates the Sani Sabik and by relation the Blood Raider Covenant have seen god and have a depiction of it. I believe what they may have seen as god is a crystal skull or at least that is the depiction they have carried along.

And just like that, the depiction of god overlaid on the two semi circles becomes the Blood Raider Covenant symbol:

Note: The "horns/semi circles" are not a part of the skull, but appear to be behind it.

(Also note https://image.eveonline.com/ for corporation images supported resolutions  ;) )

Edit: It was mentioned to me that the intersecting circles may symbolize something as well. I believe, if anything, they symbolize the covenant between man and god, in this case literally through Blood.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2014, 22:12 by Anyanka Funk »
Pages: 1 [2]