Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that station interiors have a day/night cycle mimicking planets? (p. 88)

Author Topic: Dust/EvE interactions  (Read 2635 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Dust/EvE interactions
« on: 09 Jun 2013, 08:29 »

Sorry if this has been covered before here, but I can't find it.  Is there some list of all the ways people can interact between Dust and EvE?  I know that they can shoot each other, or at least eggers can shoot dusties if the dusties call down an orbital strike, but is that about it?

Can eggers build anything for dusties?  Can you transfer isk to dusties?  From what I see of the prices, all the dusty stuff seems pretty cheep compared to egger stuff, so could you bankroll your own merc corp?  Just trying to see what is there between the two.  Thanks.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Dust/EvE interactions
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2013, 09:05 »

Sorry if this has been covered before here, but I can't find it.  Is there some list of all the ways people can interact between Dust and EvE?  I know that they can shoot each other, or at least eggers can shoot dusties if the dusties call down an orbital strike, but is that about it?

Can eggers build anything for dusties?  Can you transfer isk to dusties?  From what I see of the prices, all the dusty stuff seems pretty cheep compared to egger stuff, so could you bankroll your own merc corp?  Just trying to see what is there between the two.  Thanks.

ISK cannot be transferred directly from EVE player to DUST player, however I believe with the proper roles DUST players *may* be able to access corp wallets.

At the moment we can't build or purchase/move anything in the "Infantry Gear" section of the market, so the economies are mostly separated for now. This will change eventually. :3
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Della Monk

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2013, 09:41 »

Also the structures the dusters build on their planets provide bonuses for their capsuleer allies as I recall.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jun 2013, 10:01 »

Currently the interaction is extremely limited (and by the way, no, we DUST players can't shoot back-- yet). Economies are separate by design, anything that allows direct transfer of ISK is probably an exploit and subject to being reversed by CCP upon discovery (along with any other penalties they feel like applying), and advantages of having DUST in your space seem to be mostly limited to moon mining.

You give us orbital support. We give you FW and POS stat boosts. That's about it.

So far.

As frustrating as it sometimes is, I appreciate CCP's caution on this; they seem to have learned that "going in guns blazing" is not always the best way to approach a major change.

Della Monk

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jun 2013, 10:28 »

Yeah, especially when you're dealing with a free-to-play playerbase

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 10 Jun 2013, 09:57 »

Well, there goes that idea about making some console kiddies my IC slaves...  I mean, what?

:lol:

Anyway, do you have to be in the same corp/alliance as the dusties for orbital bombardment?  Or can you just fly through low sec and open fire if you see a likely planet?