Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front used local civilian employees in its orbital production facility known as Prosperity Station? Read more about it here

Author Topic: "[..]neither Headfirst nor Dropbear have left CCP." Whut!?  (Read 1764 times)

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3174157#post3174157 :eek:  :psyccp:
I guess I was not the only one that thought Dropbear had left? Well, guess he didn't. Makes me  :).
-OOChé

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

Dropbear took some personal time a while back, but he's been back with CCP as a GM for ages.

Not sure what Headfirst is doing atm.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain

Pretty sure a few others who were laid off have been re-recruited, as well.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Indeed. As I understand things, the continuing difficulty in returning Dropbear to managing live events is that - like Headfirst - he is still not located in Iceland. At the moment CCP is apparently keeping its events people limited to Iceland.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Della Monk

• Clonejack

Huh. It makes sense, though it also seems like it would be a good opportunity for them to do small-scale things outside of their usual timezone. Ah well.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain

AFAIK CCP Headfirst was working on level design for DUST after Incursion launched. My guess is he is still in Shanghai, but also because of that, he is not involved with the current Live Event team, which is operating out of Reykjavik. Upd. Headfirst appears to be in the States now, involved with WoD. Probably level design again.

And even though Dropbear is still with CCP, he appears to have dropped out of the zone too. Likely because he do his GM stuff from Australia.
« Last Edit: 09 Jun 2013, 10:20 by Myyona »
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran

Huh. It makes sense, though it also seems like it would be a good opportunity for them to do small-scale things outside of their usual timezone. Ah well.

Agreed, seems like it would be a good way to expand who gets to take part in events.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

And even though Dropbear is still with CCP, he appears to have dropped out of the zone too. Likely because he do his GM stuff from Australia.

He's in Atlanta. I met up with him a few months ago when he came to the CCP-hosted Boston meetup after PAX East. :)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...

This is excellent news!

However, we all mourned Dropbear properly! What do we do with all this useless excess grief?

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Jekaterine

• Like the wind
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
  • Wandering the halls of Chatsubo

This is excellent news!

However, we all mourned Dropbear properly! What do we do with all this useless excess grief?
We need to turn it into hatred and resentment.
A suitable symbol for this outpouring of negative emotions is needed.

My vote goes for the fishes in the CCP aquarium. All they do is add colour and swim around with their googly eyes enjoying their oxygenated water and water pump, not to mention the gravel in the bottom and all those water plants. All those resources wasted that could be used for balancing/coding/art/erp/petitions/live events or such.

Oh and don't give me that old line of "Not all Devs can code/art/erp/marketing".
Quote from: Ciarente the beatific, patron saint of moderators big and small
ban ban ban

Makoto Priano

Oh, pleasepleaseplease have GMed events out of Atlanta. Pleasepleaseplease.

I'm tired of having everything happen in the middle of my work day. :/

Lyn Farel

This is excellent news!

We need to turn it into hatred and resentment.
A suitable symbol for this outpouring of negative emotions is needed.

My vote goes for the fishes in the CCP aquarium. All they do is add colour and swim around with their googly eyes enjoying their oxygenated water and water pump, not to mention the gravel in the bottom and all those water plants. All those resources wasted that could be used for balancing/coding/art/erp/petitions/live events or such.

Oh and don't give me that old line of "Not all Devs can code/art/erp/marketing".

The aquarium is actually filled with tears.