Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Naqam (A Sansha aligned capsuleer corporation) manufactured the Naqam Heavy Bioindustries Ultra Happy Chip™? It was player created - see advertisements on the Eve Wiki!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Views on Prositution in New Eden  (Read 3734 times)

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
Re: Views on Prositution in New Eden
« Reply #30 on: 24 May 2013, 14:22 »

There's a market for capsuleer prostitution. People do pay apparently hilarious sums of ISK for a night with a capsuleer, regardless of their ability to buy a little sex-paradise for 10 million ISK. It is, thus a fact and a lucrative business for those getting the ISKies. vOv

Other than acknowledging the fact, Nico would be little shaken to see a Gallentean hire him- or herself out like that. Gallenteans do that. Of course it's undignified and unrefined, but that's Gallenteans for you. Other than that, what happens behind closed doors between consenting adults is a matter between the two, whether exchange of bodily fluids or money is involved or not. What happens between closed doors is meant to stay behind closed doors, of course.

I agree with Makkal wholeheartedly when she says that she sees Amarr not as being anti-sex, but as being anti-public display of sex.

Slaves aren't there to fulfill the bodily desires of their holders or betters. Actually, it's the other way around: The holders are there for the slave, their spiritual enlightenment. Holders who invert this relationship fail in their duty towards God. Breeding sex slaves is therefore anathema.

The argument going with 'avoid mixing blood with inferior races' isn't a theologically valid standpoint, if you believe Nico, by the way. It's a standpoint of ignorance putting blood over ethics, morals and dedication to God and something dangerously close to the heresy Sabikism. God isn't interested in race or blood, but what is in the people's hearts and minds and their actions.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #31 on: 24 May 2013, 15:11 »

Shin's view: More power to CG. Paying for sex isn't Shin's thing, but she's not about to condemn what other people do in order to get off.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #32 on: 24 May 2013, 15:34 »

Isn't Cynthia Gallente's club some kind of pirate front/seedy crime lair anyhow?
Uhm...I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that, but...I doubt Ché sees the whole picture.

Ché's views: Currently he thinks it should be legal and considers it just another job for the most part. He does think human trafficking is problematic, and doesn't deny that prostitution has some very dark corners, but if someone regards it as his/her dreamjob, it's fine.
He used their services on a 3 occasions, but neither of those times did he really get out of it what he desired, and it made him wonder if there are any prostitutes that actually like their job.
« Last Edit: 24 May 2013, 15:37 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 25 May 2013, 21:51 »

Aria doesn't concern herself with what happens behind closed doors between consenting adults, but regards it as a private and very nearly sacred matter. She finds any public recognition that there is such a thing as sex offputting, commercialization of same vulgar in the extreme. She's practical enough to regard prostitution as inevitable, but also conservative enough to want it kept well out of sight.

Yun Hee has similar notions (they're cultural), but is less well-traveled and therefore even less tolerant of public displays.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #34 on: 26 May 2013, 03:09 »

Lyn will usually take that sort of discussion in a scientific/pragmatic way by referring to intercourse and reproduction as a biological concept, but as soon as someone will emphasize on the act in itself, her face will probably turn bright red and she will quickly turn away awkwardly.

Otherwise, it is mostly an alien concept to her that she unconsciously prefers not to even take into consideration.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 29 May 2013, 07:03 »

Where Cia's from, sex workers are trained and licensed professionals.  She doesn't particularly want to be one, but she doesn't particularly want to be a doctor, either: she doesn't think there's anything wrong with people who do choose those jobs. 
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Laria Raven

• Evil. In a dappy way. Kind of dappy-evil.
  • Wetgraver
    • All Alone In The Night
« Reply #36 on: 29 May 2013, 07:33 »

From a general perspective,

1) Prostitution certainly exists in New Eden.
2) There could well be a market for capusleer prostitution. TBL suggests that many capsuleers don't mix with non-capsuleers much - therefore, if they want to buy sex, they're going to have to get it from another capsuleer.
3) It is uncouth to offer it in the middle of Jita. Though "Whatever you give me, I will double it" does take on a new slant...

I really don't think I should give Laria's viewpoint on it, though. Might be a bit too revealing. ;)

Saede Riordan > Yeah and Leopold is the human pond scum. Laria's alright...ish.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #37 on: 30 May 2013, 05:28 »

Lasa is as she always is. Live and let live. Don't think about it, don't over analyze it. Hate that people pick apart the RP of a character though....
Pages: 1 2 [3]