Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Presenting PANDORA  (Read 14300 times)

DeT Resprox

• Egger
  • Leader of Ushra'Khan and founding member.
    • evepandora
Re: Presenting PANDORA
« Reply #15 on: 12 Sep 2013, 04:43 »

Registered ISODE with the software, it actually might work well in the next part of the Mantenault thing. The mission creator 404's so hopefully it'll all be ready to go soon.

Excellent, i see you added a News article too.

I'll be changing how News submissions work, so it is in a similar format to how you post messages on here (format text, insert link, image, etc).

Thanks for the heads up on Create Missions link being broken, will fix later.

Keep an eye on the updates as stuff is updated :)

Cheers
DeT Resprox
Leader of the Ushra'Khan and founding member
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Minmatar Militia Fleet Commander
Founding member of the People's Republic of Minmatar

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 12 Sep 2013, 06:14 »

I want to use this tool too. It appears very promising and might be my new Eve interest point.

I hope there is support of non-combat orientated missions too.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #17 on: 12 Sep 2013, 07:37 »

I want to use this tool too. It appears very promising and might be my new Eve interest point.

I hope there is support of non-combat orientated missions too.

Good to hear - its as simple as registering and setting up your Corp Admin panel to create your own Corp(Agency) Panel  :)

As it is in its infancy, all feedback is welcomed into pushing it forwards into modelling it to suit user needs.

Combat missions are not the only mission types, courier, supply, intelligence are also available.  I'm in the middle of hacking the mission base about and mission creation is inactive for a couple of days.
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #18 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:03 »

How is the factional listing for agencies determined DeT? By choice or by corp/alliance standings pulled from the API?

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #19 on: 13 Sep 2013, 09:47 »

How is the factional listing for agencies determined DeT? By choice or by corp/alliance standings pulled from the API?

When a user registers, if they are a CEO of their corp, they are able to create an Agency.  One of the sections within creating an Agency is as follows:

GENERAL SETTINGS

CORP IS ALIGNED TO ITS TOP NPC FACTION IN STANDINGS - ideal in showing whose side you are on from a Faction perspective. PANDORA will decide which Faction you belong to as your corporation Faction standings change.
Every day, PANDORA picks up Corp NPC Factional standings from the EvE API and puts it in its database.  The highest standing determines which Faction that Agency represents

CORP IS ALIGNED PERMANANTLY WITH A FACTION - ideal for if you always want to be seen as representing for one Faction side always.
The User can select a Faction from the dropdown, this permanantly puts the corps name against a faction, regardless of their API

CORP IS NOT ALIGNED WITH ANY FACTION - ideal for mercenary corporations, neutrals or those with their own purpose and agenda.
This ignores any API and gives the Corporation no Faction ID.

So effectively you have 3 options, which pretty much cover the main needs  :)
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #20 on: 13 Sep 2013, 16:00 »

When a user registers, if they are a CEO of their corp, they are able to create an Agency.  One of the sections within creating an Agency is as follows:

GENERAL SETTINGS

CORP IS ALIGNED TO ITS TOP NPC FACTION IN STANDINGS - ideal in showing whose side you are on from a Faction perspective. PANDORA will decide which Faction you belong to as your corporation Faction standings change.
Every day, PANDORA picks up Corp NPC Factional standings from the EvE API and puts it in its database.  The highest standing determines which Faction that Agency represents

CORP IS ALIGNED PERMANANTLY WITH A FACTION - ideal for if you always want to be seen as representing for one Faction side always.
The User can select a Faction from the dropdown, this permanantly puts the corps name against a faction, regardless of their API

CORP IS NOT ALIGNED WITH ANY FACTION - ideal for mercenary corporations, neutrals or those with their own purpose and agenda.

Thanks for the answer. :)

Followup question: Does choosing (or choosing to ignore) factional allegiance have any mechanical effect within the system? Or is it purely an aesthetic/categorisation thing?

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #21 on: 16 Sep 2013, 02:38 »

GENERAL SETTINGS

Thanks for the answer. :)

Followup question: Does choosing (or choosing to ignore) factional allegiance have any mechanical effect within the system? Or is it purely an aesthetic/categorisation thing?

Choosing to have a designated Faction opens a few other options.  For example, when creating a Combat mission, you can choose to offer Bonus Loyalty Points for any kill where a ship of the same race as your Faction was used.

You could also offer a discount in your Market system to those whose highest Faction is the same (this is picked up every time they login with their API).

There could be multiple possibilities, and any ideas the community has will help build on it  :)
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Anslol

« Reply #22 on: 25 Sep 2013, 09:57 »

So this thing is hosted/controlled by TRIAD. How does a user know there mission to their corp in lowsec for whatever reason won't just get ambushed by TRIAD who could peek into the logs or some such? Not trying to be an asshole, but it just seems like it could happen.

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #23 on: 25 Sep 2013, 10:06 »

So this thing is hosted/controlled by TRIAD. How does a user know there mission to their corp in lowsec for whatever reason won't just get ambushed by TRIAD who could peek into the logs or some such? Not trying to be an asshole, but it just seems like it could happen.

It will be moved to evepandora.com hopefully by the weekend, there's some 20+ people testing the current version.

Other agency members are unable to view missions/campaigns for other agencies (a hack feature will be introduced in the future).  The only person who could know all campaigns/missions going on is me through the Database

However, i have no desire whatsoever to pry on who is running what campaigns/missions by peeking at the database and leaking to my corp - i built this beast to enhance the player experience and its something that's been evolving for the past 7 years and has been in EvE news multiple times and EON magazine....hopefully i'm trustworthy enough. 

My sole aim and ambition for this is to enhance the player RP experience in EvE by presenting them with a tool that can help manage the corp and create goals/focus and outcomes  :)
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2013, 10:14 by DeT Resprox »
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #24 on: 17 Oct 2013, 08:25 »

PANDORA UPGRADE: TRADE AGREEMENTS

I have been hard coding away the past week on a new upgrade for PANDORA.  Agency Admins are now able to setup Trade Agreements to other PANDORA Agency Corporations. 

Here is a little run down on the basics of it:

OFFERS
Agency A can offer either % or isk discounts on items they sell to buying members of Agency B

OR

Agency A can offer either % or isk bonuses on items that members of Agency B sell to Agency A.

DEMANDS
Agency A can demand that Agency B offers a % or isk discount on specific items bought by Agency A members.

OR

Agency A can demand that Agency B offers a % or isk bous on specific items bought by Agency A members.

All of these require acceptance on the part of Agency B through the PANDORA Admin panel for a Trade Agreement to take effect.   If an Agency has Trade Agreements which affect you, you will see it on their MARKET System. 

Trade Agreements may or may not be announced in the PANDORA Updates section or may or may not be announced in the News page of both Agencies.  This is a setting that can be declared on setting up and agreeing to a trade deal between two corporations based on if the creating Agency decided to make it public knowledge on Trade Agreement creation.

It has technically turned the Market side of PANDORA into Galactic Civilisations or Sins of a Solar Empire style thingy with ally trade pacts  :P

This is a huge upgrade to PANDORA which has enormous potential at creatign trade deals amongst multiple corporations in EvE and i wish to thank Hauke for giving me so much feedback during setting up Trade Agreements.  Hauke's bug finding throughout and input into how to improve it has been huge and i shall be giving him a special mention in the PANDORA Guide when done and switched to evepandora.com next week.

Have fun with this one guys :)
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #25 on: 18 Oct 2013, 18:07 »

DeT, thanks again for the work this involves.

Quick question - I keep getting the site's version of a 404 when I go to the mission creation page for our agency. Is mission creation for those of us not in TRIAD open yet or am I just go doinitwrong? :)

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #26 on: 18 Oct 2013, 18:58 »

DeT, thanks again for the work this involves.

Quick question - I keep getting the site's version of a 404 when I go to the mission creation page for our agency. Is mission creation for those of us not in TRIAD open yet or am I just go doinitwrong? :)

Hi Ollie  :)

Currently mission creation is unavailable for everyone - i am tinkering with the code and aim to have it up and running within a week.
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #27 on: 04 Dec 2013, 10:36 »

evepandora.com is now LIVE.

triad-eve.net now goes to the latest look PANDORA (a mirror of eve-pandora.com)

LP Store is being tested and shall go live this week.

Agency mission and campaign creation is being tested by two agencies with sole access this week to create counter-campaigns against each other with the aim to go live either Sunday or early next week.

I shall be pushing the first phase of advertising next week with the aim to get a Mining Corp on board for ourselves with supply orders using the Trade Agreements aadmin add-on :)

Those who had been experiencin the strange AHAH Error when trign to open pages should now find tis is now working as a have changed the code which loads other pages into divs from Javascript to a JQUERY function.

Cheers
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #28 on: 05 Dec 2013, 14:09 »

Looking good...
I hope this will flourish.
-OOChé

DeT Resprox

• Egger
    • evepandora
« Reply #29 on: 13 Aug 2014, 09:51 »

A new mailing list is up and running: evepandora

The first monthly news has been circulated:

evepandora.com is now giving you a monthly update on the front page - the first thing you will now see when PANDORA loads will feature a look at the key PANDORA events over the past few weeks, what is coming on PANDORA in the near future and current goings-on featured on the site.

------------------------------------------
ATXII - LIVE ON PANDORA
ATXII, the twelfth EvE Online Alliance tournament kicks off on the 16th August and you can watch all the action right here on PANDORA!

The schedule is up and can be found on the EvE Community portal. Several PANDORA registered members are likely to take part during the tournament, with scores of Ushra'Khan members using PANDORA as well as members of the Curatores Veritatis Alliance, RAZOR and Shadow Cartel

Tune in throughout the tournament via LIVE BROADCASTS at evepandora.com to get in on the action!  Expect live stats too!

--------------------------------------------
WALKING THE LONG ROAD
Ugleb's Journal is currently ranked amongst PANDORA's top 5 blogs which users have registered with. This is a fantastic blog for those interested in the general thoughts of a fantastic blogger, thoughts from a Minmatar roleplayer and a look at the past and future changes of EvE.

When writing 'in character', this blog becomes the public journal of Ugleb, a Brutor tribalist capsuleer with a long standing dedication to the cause of Matari freedom. Ugleb is founder and CEO of the Jotunn Risi corporation, which recruits exclusively Minmatar of the Brutor bloodline. His Dust514 character Raltar Galtoun is also a member of JORIS.

Ugleb has a long history and association with the Ushra�Khan alliance and has spent considerable amounts of time both in empire high sec, low sec, Factional warfare and null sec. I am presently focused on Minmatar Factional Warfare and developing the Jotunn Risi corporation. And fiddling with exploration sites & Planetary Interaction.

PANDORA Members can subscribe to read pilot blogs and be alerted of new blog posts through their USER ADMIN settings within the PROFILE panel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAMPAIGN SUCCESS AND THINGS TO COME
A couple of weeks ago, the campaigns code was remodelled to handle news and video stream cohesion.

While it is not yet possible for corporations to create campaigns or missions until later this month, these changes will allow for those creating campaigns (PANDORA corp admins) to not only create campaigns with rewards based upon their own objectives or stats logged by PANDORA by picking up kills for example......it also allow them to tell PANDORA to create a LIVE BROADCAST during the course of a campaign.

This allows the admin to specify twitch urls to stream live 'action cams', and based upon live stats, to auto-generate streaming news text.

The first example of this came into effect early in August during a campaign titled 'We The Defiant' which saw two pilot cams and streaming news come into effect - creating an on-the-fly news feed and generating skirmishes in the Amarr system.

This was watched by some 140+ capsuleers right here with positive feedback and even a couple of news articles on the way!.

Campaign and mission creation should be finalised towards the end of the month and put into a testing phase to corporation admins.

We should also finally have a user and corporation admin guide available around the same time.

All members are also encouraged to make use of the PANDORA forums for Feedback & Suggestions.

Your input has got us this far :D
DeT Resprox
T.R.I.A.D CEO
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4