Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That in Norse mythology, the "Naglfar" was a ship built from the toenail and fingernail clippings of the dead?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dev Post [Odyssey 1.1] Tech 1 Industrials  (Read 2023 times)

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
Re: Dev Post [Odyssey 1.1] Tech 1 Industrials
« Reply #15 on: 20 Jun 2013, 00:50 »

As do I, Dex. That note was based entirely on people complaining on the forums that these changes meant that the T2 industrials were now "crap".

As for homogenizing, I do actually this time welcome the changes. Would have to look at align time and shield/armor/hull hitpoint balance more closely to see if there's something there, but no one complains that freighters lack character. The old system - specially on Iterons - more or less relied on tiers. Now that the tiers are gone, that simply does not work. And while that's being changed, perhaps it's time to have a good look on the class as a whole. What surprises me most is that CPU is not being touched - as I understand that it is a remnant from times when industrials were meant to be possibly flying factories.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 20 Jun 2013, 02:31 »

I think they should trow on some dedicated cargo bays in addition to the already existing ones. Then make variety between factions/ships in what items can be stored in the dedicated bay. Say, ice/isotopes for Badgers, PI goods for Iterons, scrap metal for the Hoarder and so on.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #17 on: 20 Jun 2013, 06:34 »

I dunno, this particular piece of tiericide strikes me as fixing something that wasn't, in all honesty, broken.

Then again it's not terrible, so fair enough, I guess.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 20 Jun 2013, 08:19 »

I think they should trow on some dedicated cargo bays in addition to the already existing ones. Then make variety between factions/ships in what items can be stored in the dedicated bay. Say, ice/isotopes for Badgers, PI goods for Iterons, scrap metal for the Hoarder and so on.

Agh!  I would not break that sort of concept down racially and put it in the T1 industrials.  I could see introducing rigs that enable that (create dedicated bay that is larger than the space lost in the normal one) or faction variants (Interstellar Transport Iteron) that allow for that.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #19 on: 20 Jun 2013, 09:43 »

Makkal Hanaya > Does a Sigil have a 'good fit' or can I tool around in just anything?
Kalaratiri > there is no such thing as a good sigil
Kalaratiri > it is a weevil
Tarunik Raqalth'Qui > if you can fly a Sigil, you can fly a Bestower
Makkal Hanaya > I picked the Sigil over the Bestower because it's the lesser of two weevils.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNL0KfD0nts

That was exactly why I was laughing :P

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:05 »

It's not something truly "broken", per se, but it is something that people have been begging for on the forums for a long time... and right now, CCP's course of action seems to be "answer the forum suggestions. ALL OF THEM."

Anyhow, I will be more interested in seeing how gank-resistant people can make these new haulers. Previously hauling anything of significant value in a T1 hauler was pretty much a death sentence, but some of these new haulers (lol 6low bestower) look like they could be made pretty tanky without sacrificing cargo capacity.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #21 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:22 »

I dunno, this particular piece of tiericide strikes me as fixing something that wasn't, in all honesty, broken.

Then again it's not terrible, so fair enough, I guess.

T1 industrials have been broken for as long as the Iteron Mark 5 has existed, pretty much. In their own self-contained universe, the Itty 5 is king and everyone else is used 'because you cant use an Iteron 5'.  This was made massively worse by the skill tiericide and the Itty 5 became usable out the door. By homogenizing cargo sizes so the gap is less substantial, and other factors become important, there is reason for variation to exist.

What I am hopeful for is that they can get art pipeline to develop new industrials for the Amarr and Caldari. If the numbers equal out so there is 4 or 5 T1 industrials per race, you can make semi-specialized haulers without racial exclusion. For example, T1 blockade runner, T1 all-purpose cargo hauler, T1 Planetary Goods cargo hauler, T1 ore hauler.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child