Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: [Devblog] Planetary Conquest, Corp Quitting Timers, and More!  (Read 2372 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/team-true-grit-brings-some-changes-this-may/

You haven't seen a dev blog over here from me in some time as I have been off plotting the retrival of my shoes from CCP Soundwave. During that time of plotting I have also been working with Team True Grit on the EVE/DUST link. I am here today to talk to you guys about some of the stuff we have done.

If you've been paying attention to our plans for DUST 514 you may be aware that we are about to launch a new feature in DUST called Planetary Conquest. The basics of it are that corporations with DUST mercenaries will be able to conquer districts on temperate planets in the low security space of the Molden Heath region. DUST corporations owning districts on these planets will provide bonuses to all capsuleers in EVE Online that are in their corporation or alliance. I am here today to talk to you about those bonuses and a few other small changes. :)

If you would like to know more about how Planetary Conquest will work see these resources:

The original announcement dev blog: http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/03/planetary-conquest/
An update about Planetary Conquest dev blog: http://dust514.com/news/blog/2013/04/an-update-dev-blog-for-planetary-conquest/
Fanfest presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIdn8IVczVM

Bonuses
Corporations that own districts can choose from one of three district types. Each one offeres different bonuses to EVE or DUST, two of them offering bonuses to both.

Research lab district bonus:

A decrease in manufacturing time at Player Owned Starbases (POSes)
10% per district owned to a maximum of 4 districts or 40%
Cargo hub district bonus:

A decrease in POS fuel usage
5% per district owned to a maximum of 4 districts or 20%
Both of these bonuses apply to any POS owned by the corporation that owns the district, or any corporation in the alliance of the corporation that owns the district. They also only apply to POS anchored at moons around the planet which the controlled districts are on.

We did have plans for a third bonus based on planetary interaction. Specifically an increase in extractor output. We will not be doing that at this time. For now the production facility will not offer a bonus to EVE. That is not to say it will not ever, just not right now.

A final note on the bonuses. Planetary Conquest goes live on Tuesday May 14th, we will not however enable the bonuses until Thursday May 16th.

Factional Warfare
There are a few minor changes to Factional Warfare and it’s link with DUST that actually went live on May 6th.

The first change is that in order to do an orbital bombardment you now need to be within 10KM of the district beacon instead of 100KM.

The second change is that instead of DUST players choosing where the battles take place they are dynamically created based on where Factional Warfare complexes in EVE are completed. We base everything off of the completion of a complex. The side that completes a complex gets a sort of point towards taking districts in that system. We then spawn battles for each side based on where they have the most points.

So for example if the Minmatar own all the districts in a system and they complete a bunch of complex in that same system but the Amarr are not running any complex we won't spawn battles for the Amarr to attack there.

Corporations
As a member of a corporation you can now quit a corporation instantly without waiting the 24 hours after dropping roles. This applies to both DUST and EVE players. When we released DUST leaving a corporation worked the same as in EVE, drop roles, wait 24 hours, leave corporation. When we started getting feedback from the community about how bad this was and we looked into it what we could do abou it, we realized that this was initially done way back in the day for technical reasons. Upon more research we realized those technical restrictions no longer applied. So we removed this requirement from DUST... and EVE. Because why not.

The other restrictions, such as being docked, do still however apply when attempting to quit a corporation.

Kicking someone still requires removing their roles and waiting 24 hours, and you must still be docked in a station to quit a corporation.

This corporation change also shipped on May 6th.

Conclusion
That is all for now, just a short update on the link between DUST and EVE. If you have any questions ask away in the comments thread. I and the others from True Grit will attempt to answer as best we can. :)

CCP FoxFour

Team True Grit

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod

Disappointed to see only Molden Heath gets planetary conquest. Meh.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain

I think Molden Heath is getting it as a sort of extended beta. (I think Molden Heath is still not part of FW). If it works with no major issues (or they fix them reasonably easily) then I expect it to roll out to other regions.

MH is reasonably small, has no effect on FW, and if they screw it up, few people are going to yell at them.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Nobody lives in Molden Heath

* kalaratiri flees from the hordes of angry Rifter flying pirates (and occasionally dread happy richer pirates)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Pretty much: Molden Heath is like Aridia or Solitude; except for a handful of nullseccers cynoing through, not a great deal goes on there.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod

Ah..heh. I was being facetious. Molden Heath is actually pretty busy, what with Black Rebel Rifter Club, The Humbleless Crew, Gunpoint Diplomacy, Rise of LEGION, Calamitous-Intent and various other groups. Bosena and Heild are both sort of hotspots :P

And honestly, these days Aridia is pretty busy too. Can't say about Solitude.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!

I'm not too sure about the corp quitting change. Wasn't the timer originally implemented to prevent people from simply popping out of a wardecc'd corp, continuing their business, and then re-joining after the wardec dropped without any inconvenience at all?

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod

War decs still follow people for 24 hours I believe.

Iwan Terpalen

In a word, no.

In more words, not really. If a war is inconvenient enough to ground you, the best it can do is force you to choose beteen staying docked up for a day, not providing the deccer with a target, or for the duration of the war, not providing the deccer with a target.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod

They pretty clearly said the reason for the 24 hour timer was technical, not gameplay or balance.

Halete

• Egger
  • Just wants a friend...

Molden Heath isn't busy. It's dead except for Cyno movement. Pirates have been leaving the area for ages due to an increasing shift in focus onto FW constellations and the removal of static dungeons.

The bonuses are interesting, but ultimately disgruntling because it's unlikely I'll be in a position to participate in the DUST:EVE interactions any time ever.

Creep

• Omelette

Nobody lives in Molden Heath

* kalaratiri flees from the hordes of angry Rifter flying pirates (and occasionally dread happy richer pirates)
True. By all means, bring your shiny, shiny, expensive boats down. Nobody is here to tackle you!

EDIT: Oh who am I kidding? I hardly log in on my pirate alt anymore.
The region really has gone downhill. Killing the 2/10s didn't help.

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community

So, I've been living in Molden Heath since April. Planetary Conquest was released over the course of May.

Pre-Conquest the region consisted of my ~50 pilot corp, a ~30 pilot corp, 2 ~15 pilot corps, and a several much smaller groups. There were two alliances living in the region but splitting their residence between high-sec, low-sec and null-sec, one an 84 pilot alliance, and another 196 pilot alliance.

Leading up to the release we immediately had the 121 pilot alliance NMG. move in to support their DUST section. They were blue with the 2905-strong Rise of Legion, who were actually more like 2300 DUST mercs and ~600 pilots. They moved into a system together and started knocking over POCOs and POS 3 jumps in every direction.
By release date, two faction war space refugees arrived and blued up to take over EUtz dominance, -DARK with 250 pilots, and WEAZL with ~30.

Shortly after release EoN. appeared with 76 pilots and ~1100 DUST mercs.    TLML, a very old 36 pilot corp started roaming the area again recently after a long period either out of the region or inactive.

Now all of these numbers are on-paper pilot counts, and you can assume an average of 2 pilots per player and 2 players per low-sec in-space pilot, so in summary the USTZ picked up ~150 pilots in space and the EUtz picked up ~70 pilots in space, which is has had quite the impact on a region of 28 low-sec systems, and a starting value of ~100 in-space pilots.

TL;DR Using my very rough estimations and experience living in Molden Heath, Planetary Conquest successfully took a 28-system low-sec region from ~100 pilots to ~320 pilots.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

thats a nice outcome, hopefully they will do the same with other areas

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind

That's pretty fucking cool, tbh, and a big part of the reason I was glad to see the Molden Heath was going to be the testbed for PC.

When I was a pirate, MH was one of the areas I never really frequented - distance from my home area and a perception of a lack of targets (which may or may not have been fully accurate - it was the sense I got from corpmates who did fly out there occasionally) were the primary reasons, but I also didn't really know the area. I think the times I've been out there I was either flying through to start the Cartel epic arc via the RSS agent (and go in through loldoril), or jumping a carrier out to help a corpmate move some assets out there so he could go roaming (hi Raxip :cube:).
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: [1] 2