Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa megacorporation owns as much as 1/3 of all real estate in the Caldari State, and is considered one of the State's most ruthless corporations?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [Dev Post] Pod Death (and Cloning Iteration)  (Read 8323 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: [Dev Post] Pod Death
« Reply #45 on: 27 May 2013, 06:43 »

I dunno. I've always disagreed with extended "defeat" scenes. You already know that you've been defeated, and Eve rubs defeat in through the loss of ships, isk and implants pretty well, already.

Think about the death scenes in, say, the Mass Effect series. Do they add anything to your experience other than 30 seconds of irritated "Dammit, I know I just lost. Hurry up so that I can keep playing my game"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dArnf2xwv5w that's the sequence being demo'd on Sisi. I think it's cool to be given a second or two to appraise the tactical environment that you lost your pod in

What's with the moving of the undock button and the bright blue captains quarters arrow button next to it? I'd not heard anything about them doing that.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: [Dev Post] Pod Death (and Cloning Iteration)
« Reply #46 on: 27 May 2013, 07:12 »

It's like that on Sisi now, and I like it. It's quite reminiscent of the first post-Incarna iteration where they returned ship-spinning.

See here: http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/mlagann/201110.01.22.26.42.jpg

The undock button works in an interesting way now. Basically, you click on it, and the three chevrons light up in sequence. Clicking on the button a second time before the third chevron lights up will abort the undocking process.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #47 on: 27 May 2013, 08:14 »

It may be more aesthetics that way, but it's less obvious than an "abort" button. They should keep an abort hint somewhere, hide-able or not.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 27 May 2013, 09:55 »

I suspect the tutorial will be tweaked to include this information. For those veteran pilots who opt not to review the tutorial, I imagine CCP assumes us to be capable of reading forums and discovering it on our own.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #49 on: 27 May 2013, 12:14 »

It's like that on Sisi now, and I like it. It's quite reminiscent of the first post-Incarna iteration where they returned ship-spinning.

See here: http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/mlagann/201110.01.22.26.42.jpg

The undock button works in an interesting way now. Basically, you click on it, and the three chevrons light up in sequence. Clicking on the button a second time before the third chevron lights up will abort the undocking process.
Have you noticed that in Gallente and Amarr stations, the spotlights illuminating your ship turn off when you hit the undock button?

Also, several other runway-style blinkenlights start up in Gallente, Amarr and Caldari stations. As usual, Minnies get no love :(

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #50 on: 27 May 2013, 12:35 »

Also, several other runway-style blinkenlights start up in Gallente, Amarr and Caldari stations. As usual, Minnies get no love :(

The same routine runs in the Minnie stations, they just didn't maintain the wires and lights....

Tryaz

• Clonejack
  • Narrator of the Chronicles of New Eden audiobooks
    • Chronicles of New Eden
Re: [Dev Post] Pod Death
« Reply #51 on: 27 May 2013, 13:25 »

I dunno. I've always disagreed with extended "defeat" scenes. You already know that you've been defeated, and Eve rubs defeat in through the loss of ships, isk and implants pretty well, already.

Think about the death scenes in, say, the Mass Effect series. Do they add anything to your experience other than 30 seconds of irritated "Dammit, I know I just lost. Hurry up so that I can keep playing my game"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dArnf2xwv5w that's the sequence being demo'd on Sisi. I think it's cool to be given a second or two to appraise the tactical environment that you lost your pod in

What's with the moving of the undock button and the bright blue captains quarters arrow button next to it? I'd not heard anything about them doing that.
Yeah it's REALLY bright huh, not exactly in-keeping with the rest of the interface :/
Have a listen to one of my fiction recordings at www.soundcloud.com/chroniclesofneweden
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]