Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: After TonyG... then what?  (Read 8326 times)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
Re: After TonyG... then what?
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2013, 20:52 »

The concept of pirate militia gameplay scares the shit out of me in general, but alas.

I'm hoping they'll cold war the galaxy again so internal faction conflict can happen more openly. Covert tensions aren't necessarily making for an interesting story.
Not up the challenge, eh?  :yar:

No, I get you. I remember hearing rumours during Fanfest that CCP was going to open ALL of Lowsec to FacWar, and thinking "well, shit, that's the end of all the small Pirate corps, and time for me to go live in GW". The blob is just so fucking big.

I'm fairly certain we have a topic somewhere on pirate militia that we can necro ... I don't recall if I was in favor for it at the time or not, but I am certainly against it now.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #31 on: 14 May 2013, 22:55 »

A slow plodding story, where the empires and CONCORD are slow in their ability to act.

Demonstrate the decline of the empires by changing what low-sec and factional warfare mean.  The reason for the lines shift is not because the opposing empires (who share low-sec borders) are necessarily at war, but because they hand over operation, policing, etc of low-sec to their infomorphs.

So, instead of being a war between the core empires, it is a war between their proxies over resources.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #32 on: 14 May 2013, 23:18 »

TBH, I want to see a storyline where, at the end of a long and arduous plot arc which has left the zealous exhausted and the loyal slain, out of the smoke and carnage emerges the well-dressed and unscathed silhouette of Caldari powerbroker Istvaan Shogaatsu, calmly and carefully stepping over the bodies of the dead, at which point he reveals that all of it has happened in a convoluted scheme to get him a date with the Empress(+Other), and that we can all go home now.

Is that really so much to ask? He's had years.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #33 on: 14 May 2013, 23:23 »

Does that count as a threesome?

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #34 on: 15 May 2013, 01:55 »

No but it does include a voyeur with front-row seats on the action.

Guess some people will approve of that idea.

Ieze Svain

« Reply #35 on: 15 May 2013, 04:39 »

I'm getting a feeling of all is not lost then from this. That  things will recover once all the TonyG stuff is done.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #36 on: 15 May 2013, 09:09 »

No but it does include a voyeur with front-row seats on the action.

Guess some people will approve of that idea.
It's a step up from Royal Lesbian Space Orgies.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #37 on: 15 May 2013, 10:18 »

Pirate Factions in open assault of Empires.

Yes please. Nao.

Turn all lowsec into festering pirate faction battlegrounds. Let us declare loyalty and cause destruction.

Your loyalist tears will taste of sweet honey... your lamentations a soothing music to our ears as we paint the stars with the blood of your weak and innocent.

We're in ur lowsex, ruinin' ur empirez.

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #38 on: 15 May 2013, 10:36 »

Yes please. Nao.

Turn all lowsec into festering pirate faction battlegrounds. Let us declare loyalty and cause destruction.

Your loyalist tears will taste of sweet honey... your lamentations a soothing music to our ears as we paint the stars with the blood of your weak and innocent.

Looking forward to the utter annihilation of any will to fight or RP in general from pirate factions. Share the joy, eh?
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 15 May 2013, 10:45 »

Yes please. Nao.

Looking forward to the utter annihilation of any will to fight or RP in general from pirate factions. Share the joy, eh?

Eh? Run that by me again?

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #40 on: 15 May 2013, 11:12 »

Yes please. Nao.

Eh? Run that by me again?

If the system stays the same. I think having to run around buttans will sap the intrest to pirate loyalty soon enough. Aside from iskies, but ofcourse!

More farmland, with near zero impact. Aside from the fact that the Highsec factions will be just one more step to useless and worthless IC.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #41 on: 15 May 2013, 11:20 »

There has been a proposal for a long time for security status to 'degrade'. Highsec systems near lowsec systems with large amounts of pirate activity, ship/pod kills, or in an FW case, lots of plexes run, should slowly become lower security status. I imagine tying this to a pirate FW would not be overly difficult, as long as there was a counter balance. Maybe lowsec systems with very little activity should slowly raise in sec status?

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #42 on: 15 May 2013, 11:24 »

I really like the idea of dynamic security, and having to 'work' at it to have an area reflect the gameplay you desire.

Gives anti-pirates a reason to work, gives pirates a reason to work. 

How awesome would some of the loyalist groups feel if they could move into an area, secure the borders, and watch as the sec status rises?  With higher sec comes perhaps more damage for sentry guns, police assistance, etc.

With more pirating comes better bonuses for low sec people (reduces sentry damage, etc)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 15 May 2013, 12:18 »

Yes please. Nao.

Except, as both Ghost Hunter and Chell point out, this will devolve from our treasured Yarring into button-orbiting, and the Militia Blobs that we know and despise (and thus stay the hell away from). The only reason I've ever gone into a FW plex is to feast upon the plexers within (or those seeking to gank the cloaky plexers, as the case may be).

Besides which, the established empire Militias would probably stay primarily the same as they are now, with all their organization and decent/poor strategy, while those who do switch sides and those who come from Hisec to join the pirates would just bring a new influx of terribad blobbers intent on inexpertly camping gates, docking up the moment a decent yarring gang showed up, and waiting for overwhelming numbers while spewing awful smack in local.

This is not the way to fun RP combat.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6