Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Black Nova Corporation (BNC) and others still retain some offices in the Jovian Empire when it was opened during EVE's starter years?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Character ban  (Read 8998 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Character ban
« Reply #90 on: 21 May 2013, 07:08 »

If Lasa can log into account management, she'll be able to check the IP logs for herself, actually, on this page: https://secure.eveonline.com/LoginHistory.aspx

Tib: No, it wouldn't. If they had the modification on their own client and logged into her account from their own location, then the IP logs will show that, but CCP will still flag it as a hack.

I lean towards false positive myself, but if someone else caused it, then there's no reason to assume that they did it through -her computer- when they could have just logged in on their own.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Anslol

« Reply #91 on: 21 May 2013, 07:16 »

Remote access isn't too hard to execute one a machine that doesn't have solid defenses. Either that or Morwen's statement about similar client build and account use. Lasa, use Morwen's link and check those IP logs ASAP. If you see an IP that isn't yours using Lasa right before your ban (especially if it's WAY the hell away from your physical location), then you have some evidence to help you.

The worst thing that could happen is they wonder whether you shared your account info with someone else, but I don't think they'd jump to conclusions like that, especially if the IP logs your access consistently from the same IP. Either way, it's action you can take now.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #92 on: 21 May 2013, 08:10 »

Unfortunately, I cannot log into account management for Lasa :(

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #93 on: 21 May 2013, 09:35 »

This is terrible. I don't know what I'd do if it happened to me.

Good luck, I hope they sort it out soon.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #94 on: 21 May 2013, 10:27 »

I'm going to point back to my earlier post where I suggest that they aren't even upset about something Lasa did on this specific account.

To me, this smacks entirely of someone else being caught using the WTZ hack and CCP looking through his actions/wallet/history etc. and deciding that Lasa was his alt.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #95 on: 21 May 2013, 10:30 »

Oh. I never thought of that. Is that why they didn't ban my alt?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #96 on: 21 May 2013, 10:34 »

It's possible.

Still, the response you got back earlier sounds promising, so just keep being patient and keep your fingers crossed. Really about all you can do at this point. :S
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #97 on: 30 May 2013, 16:29 »

Had a response from a senior GM repeating the SAME thing and they closed my petition! Reapplying. Gonna get my girlie back!

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #98 on: 31 May 2013, 03:29 »

They told you that they would get back to you and then closed the petition? :eek:
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #99 on: 31 May 2013, 03:49 »

No, they got back to me, repeated the same shit, and then closed the petition. Didn't answer any of my questions or requests for details of the offense. Lengthy letter submitted via web petition now.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #100 on: 31 May 2013, 07:30 »

Looks like they really believe you are dirty cheater.

Or they don't care.

Desiderya

« Reply #101 on: 31 May 2013, 07:55 »

It seems to be more a case of: "The tools say you are a dirty cheater."
That's the reason why they won't share details, as discussed earlier in this thread.

Best of luck with the petition storm Lasa, being one of the few false positives certainly sucks. 

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
« Reply #102 on: 12 Jun 2013, 05:25 »

Petitioned again yesterday. In the meantime, training my alt up to mine :-P

Anslol

« Reply #103 on: 12 Jun 2013, 06:59 »

That's bullshit they pulled this man. Gods speed. Keep demanding to know the IP or such that logged in during the alleged time of cheating. The fact they won't even look at it or mention it is stupid.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #104 on: 12 Jun 2013, 09:14 »

Just saw your post in IGS. Does this mean the ban has been overturned?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8