Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Republic/Federation skirmish: Colelie  (Read 7413 times)

Creep

• Omelette
Re: Republic/Federation skirmish: Colelie
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2013, 15:06 »

...I almost want to log in.

But then, I'm not exactly welcome in hisec, so fuck it.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2013, 15:06 »

Er, I wasn't on either side. I was in a neutral interdiction fleet while it was still thought we could jam out both sides, but as soon as things started going bad I refused to fire on either side and just started buzzing around the field doing search-and-rescue operatons.

I apologise for maligning you then. I was pretty sure it wasn't the Minnie fleet, and didn't know there was a neutral one.

Interesting times though.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2013, 15:14 »

Kala you are banned from posting screenshots unless you have resubbed.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2013, 15:19 »

No worries, Ulphus.

Grid (running the fleet I was in) did call the Naglfars primary once things got started; Esna basically went "welp, I was willing to risk a ship to save lives. Not getting involved on one side's behalf, though."
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2013, 15:37 »

Kala you are banned from posting screenshots unless you have resubbed.

:yar:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #20 on: 07 May 2013, 15:41 »

Update: Event is over.

Summary:
- Republic showed up with a number of dreads in local, Federation responded the same. Both sides appeared at an item labelled "Republic Fleet Cynosural Beacon".
- Republic and Federation fleet leaders yelled at each other in local a bit. Both fail diplomacy 101, although the one Federation guy was especially egregious ("We don't care about the shooter!" really?)
- Both sides siege up, Republic fires first. Point-blank Moros fire eats up the Naglfars despite organized fire from capsuleer groups towards both sides.
- The last Naglfar goes down with 6 Moroses still on field. One of these subsequently explodes under unclear circumstances; I didn't have it locked, but fleet chatter suggested it wasn't anywhere near structure when it died. It may have been /killed by devs, as there was no self-destruct message either.
- At this point the FCORD-led fleet begins attempting to repair the Moroses. One Moros is fluctuating in ~2/3 armor.
- CONCORD finally shows up and declares that anyone who is shooting the Moroses in 5 minutes is going suspect. 5 minutes pass, the remaining 5 Moroses warp off.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #21 on: 07 May 2013, 16:51 »

CONCORD was even slower than the last time ? Korochi dying of old age or something ?

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #22 on: 07 May 2013, 17:54 »

CONCORD was even slower than the last time ? Korochi dying of old age or something ?

"Convenient timing". My hands were tied as far as non-lethal intervention - With the dreads seieged, the only way to get the Moroses to stop firing would be to neut them. But to do so would also turn off their tanks. The Nagalfars' guns couldn't be stopped under any circumstances. So at first I ordered only neuts, but eventually it looked like the EM fleet was going to tip the balance towards the Minmatar, so I ordered the fleet to engage the Republic fleet.

Grid doesn't know what to think now - he's having a real crisis of confidence and motive (which anyone in The Summit would have seen). Oh, interesting times ahead.

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #23 on: 07 May 2013, 18:00 »

Why did they enter siege without support fleets?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #24 on: 07 May 2013, 18:05 »

Because that would take even more developers playing accounts.

Korona

• Friendly Neighborhood Cultist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #25 on: 07 May 2013, 18:22 »

"We're getting rid of TonyG!" they said. "The story will be sensible!" they said.

"EoM is an anagram of emo for a reason, dude."

Grideris

• Wetgraver
  • Keeper of the bowl of Infinite Popcorn
« Reply #26 on: 07 May 2013, 18:40 »

Actually, I guess *we* were the support. Just no carriers and barely any logi.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 07 May 2013, 18:41 »

"We're getting rid of TonyG!" they said. "The story will be sensible!" they said.

:lol:

Vikarion

« Reply #28 on: 07 May 2013, 18:44 »

:lol:

Naw, it's just the fed being the bright and shining light that everyone is rust and rot compared to. Again. Welcome to the club, minnies.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 07 May 2013, 18:49 »

While I am super excited for these events, I know the staff works late on them, off hours, takes forever to set up, lots of work, etc etc etc, I have one small request.

I think this is the 2nd time the live event team has put a bunch of dreads on field within blap range of a Moros fleet

:/

Maybe put one or two in the thick of it for shiny explosions, but I think the Republic would try to keep range a bit and Arty them to shit.

Would have been good place to show off one of the least popular capital ships.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6