Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Author Topic: New Caldari protest  (Read 1997 times)

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
New Caldari protest
« on: 05 May 2013, 12:29 »

Caldari of the State! This morning, our “honoured Executor”, Tibus Heth, declared his intention to nationalize the megacorporations and unite them under a central government.

It doesn't take a genius to see whose leadership he envisions as being the focus of that power. Don't be deceived – Tibus Heth wants to be the King of the Caldari. He wants a throne! He wants a monopoly!

The very idea is poison to our way of life! Competition is growth. We live in an economy of persons, and ideas. Everything the "Beloved Executor" is proposing here is anathema to the meritocracy he himself was so inspired to build five years ago.

The State is divided precisely to limit the harm that one individual can do by abusing their power, and in seeking to dissolve the corporate meritocracy, Tibus Heth is showing himself to be an enemy of Caldari ideals, not their upholder.

This will not stand. I call on loyal Caldari to stand with the megacorporations and defend their autonomy! Remember the example of Otro Gariushi, who inspired us by example and action but knew that ultimately he served his people.

The greater good is embodied in the economy of the State. What Tibus Heth calls back-biting and rivalry, I call healthy competition and opportunity! He only snarls at it because he feels his grip on power slipping, and is afraid to be held to account for his failure!

Tibus Heth is incompetent, my comrades! It was on his orders that the Shiigeru was deployed to Caldari Prime. It was on his orders that it entered low orbit! It was on his orders that it was destroyed, and our homeworld scarred forever!

And he DARES to shift the blame! He has the hubris to think himself above the standards of judgment to which all our people are held! He has failed, and shown his weakness, but he refuses to acknowledge it.

I accuse him of incompetence! I accuse him of failing mental health! I accuse him of being a traitor to the Caldari State! Down with Tibus Heth! Down with the Provists!

This event was arranged slightly before Downtime on 5/5/115, and consisted of parking outside the CEP bureau in New Caldari, anchoring cans with anti-Provist slogans on it, chanting stuff in local and the above speech.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: New Caldari protest
« Reply #1 on: 05 May 2013, 12:53 »

Still going, as of right now, too.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2013, 13:01 »

So, the Feds are cheering on what they decried 6 years ago...  :roll:

Sofia Roseburn

• Does this look like the face of mercy?
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 05 May 2013, 16:07 »

Regrettably my presence and small contribution was cut short by my CPU declaring that it has terminal heat damage and doesn't want to play fair any more, but for the bits I was there for it was really rather well done.

Lots of whining about people locking each other which we could have done without but I guess some people are just overly nervous when it comes to the hulls.

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #4 on: 05 May 2013, 16:17 »

Full local chatlog can be found Here: http://pastebin.com/ahXtYjW0

I was first to arrive and last to leave so it should all be there. The real start of the event was from around about line 601 on that pastebin onwards.

Brandi Wiseman

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 06 May 2013, 06:34 »

The best part was the unexpected boost to listeners in local since Jita was shut. It's pretty impressive to outspam the spammers... :P

"Who the f*ck is Heth?"

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #6 on: 06 May 2013, 17:21 »

Elaboration required.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2013, 19:49 »

Elaboration requested.

Fixed that for you.

In my view, before TEA and EA, a major complaint against the Caldari State from Federation-loyalist was a lack of central authority "representing" the people that could reign in abuses perpetrated by the various megacorporations and even their collective actions to retain power.

At some point Heth represented the people of the Caldari State.  In my opinion, it is the mechanism by which he was able to force six of the seven megas he did not control to sign-up for more centralized control.  By that I mean, the six felt a (real or imagined) potential for internal revolts within their own corporations, if they did not follow Heth's lead.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2013, 23:35 »

Elaboration requested.

Fixed that for you.

In my view, before TEA and EA, a major complaint against the Caldari State from Federation-loyalist was a lack of central authority "representing" the people that could reign in abuses perpetrated by the various megacorporations and even their collective actions to retain power.

At some point Heth represented the people of the Caldari State.  In my opinion, it is the mechanism by which he was able to force six of the seven megas he did not control to sign-up for more centralized control.  By that I mean, the six felt a (real or imagined) potential for internal revolts within their own corporations, if they did not follow Heth's lead.

While you're not wrong, it's simpler flipped on its head. The whole "Heth" period is an exercise in the principle that you should be careful what you wish for.

Many Gallente (capsuleers and otherwise, as indicated by the Gallentean policy of cultural warfare) spent many decades prior to the Brothers of Freedom incident hoping for (and attempting to encourage) a popular revolt of the Caldari against megacorporate exploitation and tyranny.

They got it.

Unfortunately, the people the Gallente had actually been reaching with their cultural warfare were those able to afford Gallentean media-- the Caldari elite. Whether these worthies actually had their greed and corruption inspired in some way by Gallentean notions of individualism really doesn't matter; what mattered was that the populists revolting were Caldari traditionalists seeking a return to the old ways, the tried and true ways, not a new age of individualistic enlightenment. Those same revolutionaries easily twigged onto Gallentean influence as an alien force undermining their beloved society, and sought to purge it.

The Gallente may be cheering for the megas, now, but that's a minor irony against the background of what they are cheering against: the product of a revolt the Federation had desired and worked to foment for decades.
« Last Edit: 06 May 2013, 23:37 by Aria Jenneth »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 07 May 2013, 03:49 »

Elaboration requested.

Fixed that for you.

Do *not* "fix" my stuff. REQUIRED was in fact just that - I did not recall the factors you explained about here and I am not a fan of ignorance. Thank you for the elaboration.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2013, 08:19 »

Elaboration requested.

Fixed that for you.

Do *not* "fix" my stuff. REQUIRED was in fact just that - I did not recall the factors you explained about here and I am not a fan of ignorance. Thank you for the elaboration.

In such a case, you seemed to be requesting elaboration. He is not by any means required to provide it. Hence the fix.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 08 May 2013, 18:21 »

Pretty damn true. My apologies.